Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212698 times)

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #390 on: October 25, 2010, 08:44:46 am »

I can try, Deon. What exactly do you want me to do in it?

Also, (since I've yet to use it) do you explode the car before looting, or after?

Edit:
Quote from: Calhoun
It's not working! Wait... I didn't enable it!
D'oh!

Edit2: Game crashes whenever I try to save after enabling the mod. Quicksave, Autosave, console command "save thiswillundoubtedlycrash". Everything else seems to be working though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:08:05 am by Calhoun »
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 25, 2010, 09:15:42 am »

Huh, it's not crashing for me... Let me try it on a clean install.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 25, 2010, 09:22:50 am »

Okay, I've tried a new install without other mods: no crashes for me.

1) Are you on patch 1.1 for New Vegas?
2) Are you sure the mod loads after your Fallout.esm?

If both are true, some other mod you have changes the cars.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 25, 2010, 09:35:31 am »

Okay, I've tried a new install without other mods: no crashes for me.

1) Are you on patch 1.1 for New Vegas?
2) Are you sure the mod loads after your Fallout.esm?

If both are true, some other mod you have changes the cars.

1.On the latest patch (Thought it was 1.2, Update 2 anyways, you know what I'm talking about.)
2. It should, but I haven't actually seen a modmanager for New Vegas, so I guess it could not be.

As for other mods, I've got nothing that should change the cars in anyway.

edit: FNVedit doesn't show any conflicts. By the way I'm using the All Explode version

EDITEDIT: Seems to be just that save, probably because I was standing right next to a bunch of cars.

EDITx3: EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE. This is fun! (Also imagining the story of how a plunger ends up in a heap of junk car on I-15)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:02:50 am by Calhoun »
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 25, 2010, 10:25:22 am »

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention that you should start this mod when you're saved in some location without cars. I could say that it's pretty obvious, but honestly I just didn't think about that :P.

I want a video how you walk up to a car and loot it, and then a video how you shoot a few random cars and they explode. If you could make it, that would be awesome.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 25, 2010, 10:29:55 am »

If anyone's interested, I created a simple little mod that adds a small chance of a few ammo craft components showing up in containers such as dumpsters, ammo crates and toolboxes. You'll now find casings, primers, powders and lead in small quantities during your travels if you search for it. They (hopefully) don't show up in containers where it would make no sense to find these things-- that includes any office desks, trashcans, cupboards etc. I tried to keep it realistic and balanced; you'll have to scavange a lot if you want to rely on this as your only source of components (but it's better than nothing at all).

http://www.box.net/shared/rx9cl1jmzc

Haven't uploaded it to the nexus yet, need to get some screenshots first.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:34:33 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 25, 2010, 10:39:21 am »

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention that you should start this mod when you're saved in some location without cars. I could say that it's pretty obvious, but honestly I just didn't think about that :P.

I want a video how you walk up to a car and loot it, and then a video how you shoot a few random cars and they explode. If you could make it, that would be awesome.

Yeah, It slipped my mind.

Also, I'm uploading the raw compressed footage now to dropbox, from there you're free to add any text or edit it in any way you see fit. Estimated time remaining 15 minutes (It's 48mb.) It already has a soundtrack though. I think it's pretty fitting.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:40:52 am by Calhoun »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 25, 2010, 10:43:06 am »

That's great. I will have to upload it to Youtube to place it on Nexus, is it okay?

Also thanks for mentioning the 2nd update, I didn't know it came out.

Moogie: I will check it, it sounds like a great little mod. As I said, there's not enough crafting components in the wasteland, thus I've made cars to include some. Ammo components are really needed too, I am going to use it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 25, 2010, 10:54:37 am »

That's great. I will have to upload it to Youtube to place it on Nexus, is it okay?

Also thanks for mentioning the 2nd update, I didn't know it came out.

No problem, on both accounts. Here's the video: http://db.tt/v1Ug5iU

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 25, 2010, 11:12:59 am »

Hmm.. so I've run into a bit of an annoying problem. I started a new, "evil" character and I allied myself with the Powder Gangers right off the bat.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 25, 2010, 11:15:23 am »

You're obviously not trustworthy.

"Thank you for the reward, Eddie." And so Eddie turned around just to get shot on the back of his head.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 25, 2010, 11:20:04 am »

The list of console commands is here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_console_commands#Items_.26_world_manipulation

But there's nothing that I can see that changes faction hostility.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 25, 2010, 11:21:13 am »

Well damn. I guess I need to be more careful with the way I save.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 25, 2010, 11:24:01 am »

Personally I've developed the habit of using the console to save with a save name indictive of my current situation. Right now these span from "sexbots" to "ohdeargodhelpme".

I've got about 120 different saves total, though I've saved about 200 times.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #404 on: October 25, 2010, 11:37:24 am »

One question: What's stopping this from feeling like a FO3 DLC?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 128