Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 203400 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #330 on: October 23, 2010, 09:40:42 am »

Agility and perception give you a bonus to gun and energy weapon damage respectively, both inside and outside of VATS.

I was really frustrated until I realized I could turn up the radius at which other characters appear.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 23, 2010, 10:55:49 am »

they don't boost damage, just initial skill (which affects dmg)
Nom nom nom

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 23, 2010, 11:09:51 am »

Courtesy of JoeSibilant at Facepunch:
"I was playing through as Gordon Freeman"

I also really wish that instead of guns and energy weapons that it was instead small guns versus large guns. Would make a lot more sense and also give players more damage type options (bullets vs plasma vs lasers).

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 23, 2010, 12:49:29 pm »

Got Hand Loader perk on my sniper and found out the rounds it adds aren't even as good as armor piercing and hollow point. So I modded it. It's already .7% as popular as the nude mod!

Courtesy of JoeSibilant at Facepunch:
"I was playing through as Gordon Freeman"

(snip)

That's awesome.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 23, 2010, 01:00:35 pm »

Made my day, lap.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 23, 2010, 01:39:34 pm »

LOL!

Couldn't stop laughing for a while... breathing is hard...

On another note: New Vegas definitely has some of that old Fallout charm. They definitely got it back on track from the more combat-centric gameplay of Fallout 3. I'm having a better time in terms of the non-modded stuff overall; good to see Obsidian (and by extension, Black Isle) back on it.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 23, 2010, 01:58:04 pm »

The Pack rat perk is a godsend if you are an energy weapons user. Microfusion cells are pretty hefty, and it makes em' (and everything under 2lbs) weigh half as much. I went from carrying 260 pounds of equipment to 170 pounds because of it.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 23, 2010, 02:33:27 pm »

Hah, I'm sigging what that guy said.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 23, 2010, 03:03:00 pm »

Huh the wildlife is really deadly.
Some of the more dangerous animals can two-hit me.

I better stick to powder gangers and the similar until I'm stronger.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 23, 2010, 04:58:32 pm »

I also really wish that instead of guns and energy weapons that it was instead small guns versus large guns. Would make a lot more sense and also give players more damage type options (bullets vs plasma vs lasers).

I'm confused about what you mean by this. They just moved what used to be Small and Large guns into 'Guns', and moved some of the Large Guns out into Explosives and whatnot. There's still way more options in terms of what you can use to perforate bandits with, the skill categories are just a little more sane.

Also, I just did that Helios One or whatever the mission is at that power plant. Had a strange bug where 1 of the NCR Troopers and 5 dogs were aggressive, and killing them made me slightly lose reputation with the NCR, but none of the watching NCR troopers gave a shit.

Also HARDCORE MOOOOODE isn't that bad. It's entirely independent of difficulty, so if you can play Hardcore Very Easy if you want to. You just have to stock up on Doctor's Bags (to heal crippled limbs), and prefer food and water to heal you over stimpacks, since they'll heal you and reduce your FOO and H2O stats as well. And there's plenty of water and food around there.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 23, 2010, 05:44:22 pm »

I got the Jury Rigging perk and discovered that you can use varmint rifles to repair anti-materiel rifles but not to repair sniper rifles. When I looked through the Geck to find out why I discovered that it's based on the reload animation and it's possible to use pool cues to repair chainsaws.

That's a hell of a kludge right there.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 05:49:35 pm by Leonon »

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 23, 2010, 06:07:02 pm »

I'm confused about what you mean by this. They just moved what used to be Small and Large guns into 'Guns', and moved some of the Large Guns out into Explosives and whatnot. There's still way more options in terms of what you can use to perforate bandits with, the skill categories are just a little more sane.

The large guns they moved into explosives belong there. No complaints on that one/ However, I would rather have most energy and bullet based weapons put into a "small guns" category. Then have the machine guns, automatic/heavy shotguns, flamethrowers, and gatling lasers put into a "Big Guns". The way you fire all of those is totally different from the standard pistol or rifle and you would in no way automatically be good at using a gatling gun going from a pistol or a rifle.

The way you fire them is pretty much the same.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 23, 2010, 06:43:48 pm »

So I took the Wild Wasteland perk at the beginning of my game..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 23, 2010, 06:48:17 pm »

I've seen the perk activate once right below goodsprings and then at Hoover dam. I've never had it trigger as far as I can remember besides those two times (and I didn't even notice anything at Hoover).

Present for everyone!

I decided to make a mod to improve throwing!

-Allows players to:
++retrieve thrown spears, knives, and hatchets.
++craft throwing spears and knives.
++convert throwing versions of weapons to normal, and vice versa.
++Collect and throw debris for low level players and for last ditch efforts.

-Let's players use most of these abilities at both workshops and campfires.

-Prevents thrown objects from unrealistically penetrating into stone, metal, and other surfaces.

-Fixes the bug in orginal New Vegas where throwing weapons would explode if shot!

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35101
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 06:55:07 pm by Lap »

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 23, 2010, 07:09:05 pm »

Has anyone else decided to use nothing but the .50cal sniper? I just recently acquired the ability to make match load ammo, and I don't think that I will ever need any gun ever again. I have yet to find anyone that can survive a single shot from the thing. All I have to worry about is maintaining it, and with jury-rigging, that's not a problem.

Stat stuff on match ammo and the .50cal:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've played a guitar with my penis.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 128