Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212330 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #975 on: April 28, 2011, 09:34:30 pm »

I don't know about you guy's but everytime im finished with a canned item I shove it down my throat.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 29, 2011, 12:33:11 am »

So anyone remember my issues with the intro video in this game? Well, they're still there. I downloaded the Bink video player and played the video through it, and it ran just fine. So I'm pretty sure that there's nothing wrong with the video itself. I know that Bink video normally plays well with my system - KOTOR2 uses Bink video as well, and it's had zero issues playing cutscenes. So what the hell is it with FNV's intro video? My GoogleFu has failed me, anything I turn up about problems with the intro video has to do with crashes on playing the video, the wonky headspinning thing Dr. Whatshisname sometimes does, etc.

I'll try recording the intro video ingame with FRAPS and uploading it to YouTube to see if anyone has any ideas.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:35:55 am by dragonshardz »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 29, 2011, 05:58:29 am »

If you're having trouble with video like that playing, this can usually be resolved via downloading and installing the Combined Community Codec Pack.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

No promises that it'll be a silver bullet, but in my experience, it's resolved all video playback problems I've ever had.
!!&!!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 29, 2011, 08:43:29 am »

Are there any other ammo selling shops besides the one in your hometown where you kill everyone and the shop with an ugly robot selling you stuff?
I've got a lot of cash but no ammo, I don't really need ammo because I have Veronica with me but it's still fun to shoot people...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 29, 2011, 09:06:14 am »

Are there any other ammo selling shops besides the one in your hometown where you kill everyone and the shop with an ugly robot selling you stuff?
I've got a lot of cash but no ammo, I don't really need ammo because I have Veronica with me but it's still fun to shoot people...
Near where you met Veronica there's one, army surplus store or something.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 29, 2011, 09:44:29 am »

I went there and I noticed a few things:
1. There are NCR guards
2. NCR guards are hostile to me
3. The NCR guys suddenly have power armor
4. Veronica isn't as tough as I thought
5. vista sucks

I'll try to go there again and I hope Vista won't crash again >.>

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 29, 2011, 11:37:58 am »

I'm almost 80% sure that when you finish the boomers quest you get access to a pretty good ammo store.  And the great Khans have a ammo store there.  But ya early game really lacks ammo stores, it seems the only vendors are random merchants early on.
Nom nom nom

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 29, 2011, 06:34:24 pm »

Most towns have some sort of general merchant that has some forms of ammo. They may not always carry what you're looking for.  Gun Runners is your best bet later for, well, Guns, and the Silver Rush for Energy Weapons.

Barring that, with a bit of Luck, and the Scrounger perk that increases ammo drops from containers (I think it's a 100% increase; correct me if I'm wrong) go scavenging a bit.

Things get better later in the game. As a gun-user, my character had well 1500 (!) Microfusion Cells. Mostly because of the perk. Made me want to find the YCS/186.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 29, 2011, 09:47:13 pm »

anyone else find that around level 10, most enemies carry grenade rifles?  It's a real pita on hardcore mode, limping almost 24/7 now.......
Nom nom nom

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 29, 2011, 09:49:19 pm »

Pfft, just use the power of sneak crits, bro.

SNEAK CRITS EVERYWHERE
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 29, 2011, 09:49:42 pm »

I really didn't meet anyone with explosives at level 10, guess it might be just your unlucky :P

Anyways whats your guys favorite character type to have? I prefer the smooth-talking scientist who knows how to fire a gun, since I use intelligence and charisma the most. I picked an extremely lucky guy who is skilled in Laser Weapons for my hardcore playthrough, the extra luck certainly make things alot more interesting.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 29, 2011, 09:51:49 pm »

I like having a character with a maxed intelligence, slightly above average strength and some luck. I always advance on weapon skills before other skills.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 29, 2011, 09:53:55 pm »

I'm usually the not so talkitive, mercenary type guy.  I usually get a moderate sneak skill, high guns, barter, melee, and survival.  I end up almost always neutral, and everyone ends up either really liking me or really hating me.  I happen to get along with the legion very badly since whenever one of them says come on, jsut shoot me.  I do.  I even gunned down that guy you get to meet in nipton, so much fun with a 9mm machinegun and a hella lot of ammo.  I usually get high luck, agi, above average str, endurance, normal int, and dump stat cha.
Nom nom nom

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 29, 2011, 09:55:34 pm »

I'm usually good, then evil, then good again. I kill who and when I please.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 29, 2011, 10:07:18 pm »

Scientist, wih a smooth mouth and reaaaaaaaally good hands in luck game. I'm almost always a wimp with low dex, str and cons, but high speech repair and a good weapon skill.

Really, i always end up with the same char, or about. Max SCIENCE and int gives you acces to the best reward and most satisfying dialogues (Silas got his ass handed to him). I change wich weapon i use. Started mad scientist (YCS, Gauss, Plasma, etc), then ''samurai'' (shishkebab, bumper sword for the style) cowboy (sequoia and knife) kung fu(unarmed) and of course sniper. Mix up wich mercenary take depending on build (Cowboy and Raoul, for example)

Allowed me to almost complete the game 5 times. I start, reach lvl 25-28, then think of a new build and start over.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 128