Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212447 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #765 on: December 29, 2010, 03:21:06 am »

Anyway I'm curious.  Are there any good and/or essential mods for this?  So far the most impressive ones I've seen have been female body mods.

I'm actually curious about modding - F:NV seems to use the exact same engine as FO3 with only minor modification. Obviously any mod that interacts with the world can't be loaded without some changes... but I'm wondering if there were any real changes needed to port, say, body mods.

And yeah, F:NV is a surprising amount of fun. I like most of the new features - relying on faction reputation instead of some 'Karma' stat that everybody in the world magically knows, or having a metric ton of perks (and letting you pick half as many). Oh, and companions being immortal on Casual mode - every time I play FO3, job #1 is making active companions essential before Dogmeat rushes the guy with the missile launcher.  ;)

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 29, 2010, 06:26:01 am »

I'm really enjoying the storyline so far. I think I'm near the endgame and I'm having a hard time deciding which major faction I want to support. I've already joined the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and to help them out I think I go on and support Mr. House, at least he is isn't as likely to take over the whole wasteland killing my faction in the process.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 29, 2010, 06:36:10 am »

I'm really enjoying the storyline so far. I think I'm near the endgame and I'm having a hard time deciding which major faction I want to support. I've already joined the
and to help them out I think I go on and support Mr. House, at least he is isn't as likely to take over the whole wasteland killing my faction in the process.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 29, 2010, 07:40:07 am »

Guess it's time to put Yes - Man to good use.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 29, 2010, 10:35:06 am »

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 29, 2010, 11:22:14 am »

Probably because they're a bunch of isolated pockets, each elder might have a different idea of how to best get their hands on the shiny things. Lyons(F3) decided that trading food for laser rifles was a pretty lucrative deal for example. Wasn't one of the F1 endings about them starting to do something useful instead of simply being kleptomaniacs?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 29, 2010, 12:41:50 pm »

Ase is right about that. Although their ideology remains similar, the truth is that they got fractured, and as such we have different types of BoS.

New vagas happens to have a shitty faction.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 29, 2010, 01:29:06 pm »

Probably because they're a bunch of isolated pockets, each elder might have a different idea of how to best get their hands on the shiny things. Lyons(F3) decided that trading food for laser rifles was a pretty lucrative deal for example. Wasn't one of the F1 endings about them starting to do something useful instead of simply being kleptomaniacs?

You're right, Fallout's good ending for the Brotherhood is that they continue to work behind the scenes, slowly reintroducing technology to California.

Mojave BoS are still assholes tho.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 29, 2010, 01:47:19 pm »

I don't know why I decided to stick with the BoS. Maybe because Veronica was the NPC that complimented my melee - only playstyle well. Or maybe because having the BoS back to the coolness they were in Fallout 1 compared to the dogooders they were in Fallout 3 made me root for them.

Thats what I mean when I say the story in New Vegas is great. Every major faction you can support has a few valid points and could have well been protagonists. Well, maybe except Legion, though Caesar does give a good speach about the weakness of NCR and democracy, he is crazy and an overall bad thing for the wasteland. House and NCR are both shades of grey.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 29, 2010, 01:57:05 pm »

Thats what I mean when I say the story in New Vegas is great. Every major faction you can support has a few valid points and could have well been protagonists. Well, maybe except Legion, though Caesar does give a good speach about the weakness of NCR and democracy, he is crazy and an overall bad thing for the wasteland. House and NCR are both shades of grey.

I agree with this statement. It really does seem like all of the factions have a valid stake to the Mojave and are able to bring some level of good. Even the Legion. Sure they are total assholes, but so were the Spartans (who they seem to resemble more than the Romans). Would we have this level of society without the exploitation of the masses? Who knows!

I am going to finish up my NCR friendly play through and do an evil, all about me, melee play through. On the next one though, I am not going to make it a point to visit everything and do every sub quest. I have probably 50 hours in my first play through.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 29, 2010, 01:59:26 pm »

Finally got New Vegas. It's a lot funner than FO3 too!
Same situation as me.  I've gotten about 3 hours in now.  Pretty fun.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 29, 2010, 05:37:51 pm »

With mods, my NV install now looks incredible. Bethesda games always look incredible with mods (landscape shots beat a lot of other games in my opinon) and New Vegas did not disappoint.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 29, 2010, 06:21:22 pm »

Hopefully won't derail the topic too much, but I'd like to state my pleasure at the gaming trend to let you see further and further. In New Vegas you can see locations that would take you several minutes to walk to, and they look pretty damn good. It wasn't that many years ago that you couldn't seem more than 100 yards in games.

I thought it was funny when I went to Helios 1 and they asked me "what are you doing here?" and one of the responses was "I just saw this building on the horizon and wanted to come explore". That is how I ended up at atleast 50% of the locations I explored.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 29, 2010, 06:34:47 pm »

Hopefully won't derail the topic too much, but I'd like to state my pleasure at the gaming trend to let you see further and further. In New Vegas you can see locations that would take you several minutes to walk to, and they look pretty damn good. It wasn't that many years ago that you couldn't seem more than 100 yards in games.

I thought it was funny when I went to Helios 1 and they asked me "what are you doing here?" and one of the responses was "I just saw this building on the horizon and wanted to come explore". That is how I ended up at atleast 50% of the locations I explored.

There should be an option for "I saw this little triangle thing on my compass". 8)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 29, 2010, 07:56:08 pm »

Or, I sensed you were nearby, via a tiny green bar.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 128