Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 204821 times)

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #315 on: October 21, 2010, 09:24:20 pm »

Okay, I just got to the New Vegas slums, and it looks like there's three gangs: The Kings, some women, and a bunch of black guys. I accidentally pissed off the black guys, and now I'm running for my life through the streets trying toy figure out how I'm supposed to get to the main questline.
Straight to the south gate. You need money though, or great science.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 21, 2010, 09:45:42 pm »

I've found an exploit due to bad programming. A quest you complete will reward you over and over with stims and exp as many times you as you choose to turn it in, and will never acknowledge you already got the reward :D The quest is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've also run into a big of a problem: somewhere in my visit to the Strip I seem to have lost my companions - went into Lucky 38 and now I can't find them again anywhere.
Edit: found the console command fix for this:
prid xxxxxx (reference number instead of xs. The reference number can be found in save files or on the wiki)
moveto player
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:56:35 pm by Tilla »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 22, 2010, 03:52:53 am »

Your companions were in the lobby. Happened to me too.
!!&!!

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 22, 2010, 04:23:39 am »

Alright, i need to find more missions for the BoS so that I either get accepted or idolized rank for another mission, I've completed the Missing pistol and the Still in the Dark quest... what else am I missing?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 22, 2010, 11:12:28 am »

Ok I started playing 20 minutes ago.
But I'll have to fix the npc-"lag" before i continue.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 23, 2010, 04:01:16 am »

Victor is creepy.

This game is awesome, but veeeerrryy buggy. Playing it on PS3. Some bugs might have to do with my copy being from red box (haven't bought yet), but I lost my companion until I died very bogusly and reloaded and there she was. Only companion I have so far is very interesting, and all the characters have plenty personality. Most of them don't really fall under tired archetypes I've seen a million times.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 23, 2010, 05:00:09 am »

I killed some quest relevant character it seems, while raiding the NCRCF.
Hopefully it still is solvable somehow.

Could anyone tell me where I'll get my house?
I'm carrying around to much stuff and need to stor it somewhere :(

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 23, 2010, 05:32:39 am »

The joys of finding 2 radscorpions and 2 giant radscorpions right outside goodsprings...

Reminds me of arriving at megaton during a deathclaw attack.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 23, 2010, 06:14:12 am »

I killed some quest relevant character it seems, while raiding the NCRCF.
Hopefully it still is solvable somehow.

Could anyone tell me where I'll get my house?
I'm carrying around to much stuff and need to stor it somewhere :(

That robot cowboy's place in goodsprings is a confirmed storage place.
Also you can get permanent access to the inn room in novac if you're reputation there is high enough.
And then there's "that" place you get when you continue with the main quest.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 23, 2010, 06:46:53 am »

Okay, I just got to the New Vegas slums, and it looks like there's three gangs: The Kings, some women, and a bunch of black guys. I accidentally pissed off the black guys, and now I'm running for my life through the streets...

vaguely reminiscent of my last trip to las vegas...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 06:48:28 am by postal83 »

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 23, 2010, 07:48:23 am »

The joys of finding 2 radscorpions and 2 giant radscorpions right outside goodsprings...

Maybe having Luck as a dump stat wasn't such a good idea?
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 23, 2010, 08:28:49 am »

Luck affects if you get thrown into an unwinnable situation right from the start? Well that's terminally stupid design and "ask-valve-for-a-steam-refund" worthy if it happens again. Turns out that perception 10 gives you about 20 meters of radar and there's 7 more giant scorpions and another normal one just out of range, all in the valley directly east of the starting town.

I ran back into town and even with everybody's help they completely flattened all resistance.

What's the godmode command?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 23, 2010, 08:48:01 am »

Assuming you have the PC version and it kept the dev console from Oblivion and FO3, "god", I believe.

Assuming FO:NV works the same as FO3, INT is probably the best stat, since it lets you max out everything you need more easily, and luck is always nice. Strength is good, mostly for the carry capacity, and endurance gives a nice boost to health. Agility only matters if you use VATS a lot, and perception is more or less useless. At least as I recall.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 23, 2010, 08:54:48 am »

Luck affects if you get thrown into an unwinnable situation right from the start? Well that's terminally stupid design and "ask-valve-for-a-steam-refund" worthy if it happens again. Turns out that perception 10 gives you about 20 meters of radar and there's 7 more giant scorpions and another normal one just out of range, all in the valley directly east of the starting town.

I ran back into town and even with everybody's help they completely flattened all resistance.

What's the godmode command?

Should be "god". Also, that's not an unwinnable situation. You could outrun them.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 23, 2010, 09:17:11 am »

ya scorpions are slow, and yes luck affects if out of depth enemies spawn for your character, for instance I tried a one luck guy the other day and halfway to primm a deathclaw ripped my head off.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 128