Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206040 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2010, 04:15:19 pm »

I think I'm at least waiting for some patches to see what gets fixed.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2010, 06:26:52 pm »

Heh, that only DLL made NPCs and the world to look worse but it removed ALL stuttering and slowdown at all...

Thanks for the tip on mouse accel. disabling.

Hmmm the D3D9 DLL doesn't seem to be helping me much, in fact I seem to get worse now - near-locking up in battle o.o
Do you place it in the same directory where the .exe and the launcher are located? Not in My Documents/my games/falloutnv/ I hope?
directx sdk install with optional components will help you guys.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2010, 06:28:26 pm »

Welp... First crash.

It appeared to be one person from a distance, I got a sneak attack crit and they fell, only to reveal someone else standing in the exact same spot. X4
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:37:22 pm by Calhoun »
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2010, 07:21:45 pm »

I'm loving the varmint rifle, hate the night vision scope though. I love being able to have a scoped weapon right after the tutorial but the night vision is unnecessary with the night vision perk (which retains color instead of green tinting everything) and the fixed magnification is fixed magnification.

Anyone know how I can learn to make hollow point 5.56's and/or break down surplus 5.56's?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2010, 07:55:00 pm »

Huh, where did you get a scope for it? I have a silencer and an expanded magazine for it, but no scope.

Right now I use a "sniper carabine", it's basically a M4 assault rifle with a scope.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2010, 07:59:45 pm »

What's the best way to raise NCR rep? I hit up the solar thermal power plant, killed some dogs, and got in bad standing. I'm not being hunted, yet.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2010, 08:36:17 pm »

I could swear the dude in the general store in the town you start in sells 'em. I got one too.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2010, 09:21:22 pm »

What's the best way to raise NCR rep? I hit up the solar thermal power plant, killed some dogs, and got in bad standing. I'm not being hunted, yet.

Find a legion outpost and just wipe them out, all of them.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2010, 09:50:22 pm »

Why do you guys get to have F:NV and not us?

No fair!  :'(
You can always watch the unboxing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOt4ToY0CdU
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 21, 2010, 01:31:59 pm »

Pre-loading it right now.
Hopefully I can play it the moment I come home tomorrow (probably not).

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2010, 02:00:07 pm »

Find a legion outpost and just wipe them out, all of them.

I don't remember coming across one. I have found a fort south of the New Vegas wall that gives jobs. That helped a bit.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2010, 02:46:05 pm »

I sided with the NCR.
Because they are better.
Lack of freeplay after MQ again.
FUCK YOU BETHESDA! HAVE YOU LEARNED ANYTHING?
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 21, 2010, 02:49:13 pm »

Picked this up yesterday but I've only had a chance to play it for an hour or so (HARDCORE MODE IS ONLY MODE AND NOT ACTUALLY THAT DIFFICULT? OK) Made sure to pick the Wild Wasteland trait and my first encounter was an irradiated fridge with bones and a fedora inside.

Rocking that hat hard.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 21, 2010, 02:59:50 pm »

I sided with the NCR.
Because they are better.
Lack of freeplay after MQ again.
FUCK YOU BETHESDA! HAVE YOU LEARNED ANYTHING?

Vorlon quote machine says:
♫Yes.♫
♫If you go to Z'ha'dum, you will die.♫

Bethesda did not develop New Vegas. Obsidian did. Bethesda added freeplay after MQ to Fallout 3 with Broken Steel etc, but since they didn't make New Vegas...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 21, 2010, 03:02:19 pm »

Vorlon quote machine says:
♫Yes.♫
♫If you go to Z'ha'dum, you will die.♫
This made me smile.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 128