Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206493 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2010, 12:01:02 pm »

Also, there's already ripped versions of the game on PirateBay. Wow. Release day isn't even over yet!

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2010, 12:09:09 pm »

Also, there's already ripped versions of the game on PirateBay. Wow. Release day isn't even over yet!

Why would you expect any different? The 360 versions been floating about for like a week now. Pretty much any major game release will be cracked and posted inside of a day.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2010, 12:10:33 pm »

I'm not expecting different, I'm just expressing surprise at how fast the crackers work.

OperatorPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2010, 12:41:28 pm »

Don't know if this has been said yet, but I think the "M-16" you guys are complaining about is an AR-10, which in my opinion, fits the FO universe very well.

"The AR-10 is an American 7.62 mm battle rifle developed by Eugene Stoner in the late 1950s at ArmaLite, then a division of the Fairchild  Aircraft Corporation. The rifle had some innovative features at the time of its introduction (1956); it was over 1 lb (0.45 kg) lighter than most other infantry rifles, and was significantly easier to control in automatic fire. The unique features of the AR-10 would eventually be developed into the U.S. Army's M16. Over its production life, the original AR-10 was built in relatively small numbers, with fewer than 10,000 rifles assembled."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-10

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2010, 02:57:11 pm »

with 10,000 produced in the 60's(verify?) it would be doubtful for more than one to be seen in your wasteland life if any at all. However, I like it and have no complaints.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2010, 03:16:47 pm »

Because Fallout is exactly the same as our world.  ::)
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2010, 04:04:41 pm »

Okay, I'm getting it now. I hope I will like it and stop bitching (well, I didn't bitch much, but wasn't excited either).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2010, 04:06:41 pm »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/10/19/fallout-new-vegas-old-obsidian/

RPS first look. There are already a number of reported bugs. So far, this sounds very much like FO3, bugs and character models and all.

Also the hardcore sleep/eat/thirst mechanics are completely broken. Shocker. Even trying to do a hardcore version, it still comes out as more softcore. Eating food still gives back HP. *sigh*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2010, 04:09:38 pm »

The hardcore mechanics just seem to make the rest of the game more ridiculous. So i need to sleep and eat and such to stay alive, ok... And yet when someone randomly attacks me in the wilderness and I kill him in self defence I lose karma when I rummage through his stuff looking for a stimpack to heal myself. ¬_¬

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2010, 04:25:12 pm »

According to that review, it takes weeks to even get hungry/thirsty/tired. D:
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2010, 04:32:10 pm »

I don't know if its just me, but every article I read from rockpapershotgun seems a little blown out of proportion.  Lately I've been taking everything they say with a grain of salt.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 19, 2010, 04:34:14 pm »

I tend to do that as well, but when it comes to specific game instances....the language is pretty important, and he's pretty clear about exactly what he's experiencing. Had he just said "Oh, this stuff is totally broken," that'd be one thing. He's specifically pointing out stuff though, like NPCs running away from him even as they shout the greeting messages, as though they're stuck on "Fear the player character" mode.

Chalk this up to yet ANOTHER game this year that was kicked out the door before it was ready.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2010, 04:38:43 pm »

Yeah, it's a shame.  I mean, I am still excited to go home and play it, but I just hope to bugs are shruggable and will be fixed in do time.  I just hope they aren't game breaking, or unrelentlessly obnoxious.

Like the acid rain bug was in DF hehe

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 19, 2010, 04:38:58 pm »

I tend to do that as well, but when it comes to specific game instances....the language is pretty important, and he's pretty clear about exactly what he's experiencing. Had he just said "Oh, this stuff is totally broken," that'd be one thing. He's specifically pointing out stuff though, like NPCs running away from him even as they shout the greeting messages, as though they're stuck on "Fear the player character" mode.

Chalk this up to yet ANOTHER game this year that was kicked out the door before it was ready.

To be fair, most of RPS problems with the game seem to stem from him not understanding the controls. People run from you if you have your gun out, AFAIK. He doesn't know how to hoster his weapons... These things are not unrelated.

The number 2 being locked to change ammo, while 1 and 3-8 are all change weapon is completely stupid though.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 19, 2010, 04:40:56 pm »

Everyone seems to be going "OMG THERE'S NO HOLSTER KEY" as though they've forgotten how to holster their weapons from fallout 3.

They also seem to have forgotten that fallout 3 crashed every 5 minutes (when it got really bad), and the solution to it, although they can be forgiven for that since it took me hours to find the solution on the internet myself, back when it was making Fallout 3 unplayable for me: Disabling autosave in the game options, getting a mod to block the scripted autosaves (it autosaves during the main quest and such many times, even if you've disabled autosave in the options), and not using quicksave - only use regular saving to save your game.

(And so they are blaming Obsidian for making new vegas crash all the time, instead of blaming them for not fixing (or failing to fix) bugs that bethesda never bothered to fix in fallout 3.)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:42:58 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 128