Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206516 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2010, 10:24:28 pm »

I've been playing this with a few mods (namely Fallout Wanderers Edition, the latest edition which came out right before I downloaded it, and Fellout with weather, which caused radioactive rain to come down).

With the loss of Fast Travel, and the inclusion of things like double damage and necessary eating, drinking, and sleeping, the game takes on a whole new edge. You really start to fear for your life whenever you go somewhere, but you have to do things like crawl into Vault 106 to avoid dying in radioactive rain.

There are a few bugs though, like Moira not paying me for my radiation sickness, and in one case, just after finishing the Arefu line, I stayed in the West family house for 3 or 4 days while waiting for the rain to pass. When I came out, the sheriff was fighting two Talon Company Mercs, and when they were dead, he turned on ME, and I had to kill him out of self defense. Then Lucy West wouldn't talk to me anymore. Man was I pissed.

FWE makes FO3 good, though.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 25, 2010, 01:44:31 am »

I'm not so sure. The lack of fast travel would be the main reason I never finished Morrowind, because as pretty as the landscape looks it's mindnumbingly boring walking for three in game days to get to one place for a quest and then having to come all the way back to complete it.

But I'll check it out anyway. Fallout 3's wasteland is a lot more interesting than Morrowind's Vaardenfall.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2010, 01:46:11 am »

You should also get MMM.

Improved AI (everyone doesn't think you're the biggest threat anymore, unless you ARE), the ability to scale spawnrates, lotsa cool stuffliekdat
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2010, 02:48:15 am »

I'm not so sure. The lack of fast travel would be the main reason I never finished Morrowind, because as pretty as the landscape looks it's mindnumbingly boring walking for three in game days to get to one place for a quest and then having to come all the way back to complete it.

But I'll check it out anyway. Fallout 3's wasteland is a lot more interesting than Morrowind's Vaardenfall.

They make some interesting alternatives in it, and it's entirely optional module to remove the fast travel. There's an entire subquest where you get motorcycle parts and upgrades, produce fuel from ingredients, etc. But again, entirely optional, it asks you on startup if you want to shut fast travel off and you can change it after.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 25, 2010, 03:20:33 am »

A motorcycle. You're serious.

I am getting this mod now. I am getting it so bad.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 25, 2010, 04:34:15 am »

GOOD BOY
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2010, 12:46:29 pm »

I use a mod called Better Living Through Chems. Which adds REAL world drugs, which, while (fun?) isn't the best part, Psychodelic drugs give visual effects, which can make wandering the wastes a bit more fun. Euphoric durgs simply change the color contrast to be very warm and friendly, but dissociatives make things really fun. 2C-E is awesome.

I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2010, 12:48:16 pm »

There are also fixes for physics and gore, so only explosives and big rounds can make gibbets.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2010, 01:21:57 pm »

I use a mod called Better Living Through Chems. Which adds REAL world drugs, which, while (fun?) isn't the best part, Psychodelic drugs give visual effects, which can make wandering the wastes a bit more fun. Euphoric durgs simply change the color contrast to be very warm and friendly, but dissociatives make things really fun. 2C-E is awesome.

Pretty sure BLTC is included with the Wanderer's Edition. at least, that's what the Cocaine in my inventory leads me to believe

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2010, 03:06:13 pm »

BLTC is indeed in FWE.

Also, a motorcycle.

MMM causes a CTD, unfortunately. I think it's a rendering issue. Not everything is rendering properly for me. I suspect it's an extraction error.

EDIT: Also, I'm yet to actually find the motorcycle dealership. The motorcycle itself is sitting outside Megaton, but I do not know how to render it.

You can also travel with caravans to populated cities, though you'll have to figure out the travel network.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2010, 03:08:57 pm »

BLTC is indeed in FWE.

Also, a motorcycle.

MMM causes a CTD, unfortunately. I think it's a rendering issue. Not everything is rendering properly for me. I suspect it's an extraction error.

EDIT: Also, I'm yet to actually find the motorcycle dealership. The motorcycle itself is sitting outside Megaton, but I do not know how to render it.

You can also travel with caravans to populated cities, though you'll have to figure out the travel network.

No problems with MMM for me, try installing it as a FOMOD file maybe?

The motorcycle when enabled should be giving you a quest that will lead you to the dealership

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2010, 11:34:39 am »

Anyone pick this up yet?  Just bought it today on Steam.

I called my girlfriend and had to give her step by step instructions on how to get the download started hehe.  Sucks coming home and waiting for a 4 hour download.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2010, 11:44:47 am »

Fallout New Vegas...

DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2010, 11:48:55 am »

It is AWESOME SAUCE. After I'm done playing some more I will kick my own ass for saying awesome sauce. Rest assured.

Anyway, AI is indeed better. Graphics are slightly improved and scenery is different. FPS element is much smoother, NPC control is nice. Not the game of the year, but great for anyone who loved the others.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2010, 11:54:05 am »

BLTC is indeed in FWE.

Also, a motorcycle.

No problems with MMM for me, try installing it as a FOMOD file maybe?

The motorcycle when enabled should be giving you a quest that will lead you to the dealership

Yeah, I had MMM and FWE up on my Fallout, too, didn't have any problems besides the occasional crash, but heavy saving (quicksaving 3 times a minute) got me past that problem. The motorcycle is a must with disabled fast travel. Game still has alot of other problems though. I'm hoping New Vegas will be much better.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 128