Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206268 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1890 on: August 17, 2015, 11:43:23 am »

...From what I'm hearing, Fallout Shelter doesn't have any waittimes, or at least not many. Building things is automatic and happens on the spot. Yes, it's incredibly shallow, but still. Credit where credit is due.

And go google Triple A titles.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: August 17, 2015, 11:56:14 am »

To be fair, the wait times were something I heard about from reviewers. I didn't actually experience them firsthand because I immediately uninstalled the game once it became apparent that closing the application didn't pause the action.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: August 17, 2015, 11:59:43 am »

That's a bit shallow. :/
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: August 17, 2015, 12:09:10 pm »

To be fair, the wait times were something I heard about from reviewers. I didn't actually experience them firsthand because I immediately uninstalled the game once it became apparent that closing the application didn't pause the action.
It pauses consumption of resources after a little bit.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: August 17, 2015, 01:21:34 pm »

Yea you can go back to the game and technically your resources will still be there as consumption freezes, however wasteland excursions will still continue along with any births and growths. I know it runs my phone slow but goes away in 5 minutes as the game is offloaded from my ram.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: August 17, 2015, 01:31:07 pm »

Sideswiping it off the recent task list should end it, right?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: August 17, 2015, 01:34:56 pm »

That can, some notifications can come through but that stops after a while too.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: August 17, 2015, 02:30:18 pm »

The only reason to "pause" the game would be to avoid getting people killed while exploring, and you can just recall everyone if that's an issue, then forget about the game for a week if you want. People don't eat or consume anything while idle, only the production/training timers go down.

There aren't many things that give money which is the real bottleneck (the only timers that matter are the Wasteland and training rooms, nearly everything else takes about 1 minute on fully staffed rooms). To get money you need to either Rush lots, maximize Luck everywhere and/or get people to explore.

As far as I know all swiping the recent list does is remove it from the list. The OS decides when an app gets shut down, depending on idle time or memory requirement for running something else, unless the app itself shuts down when you back out of it. You can also hit "back" to Main Menu, then "back" to Quit the game in FS.

I have Notifications disabled in this game, so they don't bug me.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:32:35 pm by Sergius »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1898 on: August 17, 2015, 03:49:51 pm »

What are you even talking about? Nothing happens while it's closed. My wife hadn't opened her app in a month on her ipad so I made her check. Nothing going on at all. You jumped to a silly conclusion and are blathering about it on the internet as if it were fact. Get real information or just keep your bullshit to yourself.

The only thing that happens 'offline' is wasteland exploration and you can recall those guys first.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 03:52:51 pm by forsaken1111 »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: August 17, 2015, 04:08:08 pm »

The only reason to "pause" the game would be to avoid getting people killed while exploring, and you can just recall everyone if that's an issue, then forget about the game for a week if you want. People don't eat or consume anything while idle, only the production/training timers go down.

There aren't many things that give money which is the real bottleneck (the only timers that matter are the Wasteland and training rooms, nearly everything else takes about 1 minute on fully staffed rooms). To get money you need to either Rush lots, maximize Luck everywhere and/or get people to explore.

As far as I know all swiping the recent list does is remove it from the list. The OS decides when an app gets shut down, depending on idle time or memory requirement for running something else, unless the app itself shuts down when you back out of it. You can also hit "back" to Main Menu, then "back" to Quit the game in FS.

I have Notifications disabled in this game, so they don't bug me.
At least for Kitkat and Lollipop the Recent list showed all apps sent to background and closes them when swiped.

I had people still die during expeditions while idle so I guess this game runs off on time advancement.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: August 17, 2015, 05:00:07 pm »

At least for Kitkat and Lollipop the Recent list showed all apps sent to background and closes them when swiped.

That's not how Android works.

It actually leaves the app running in the background (you can check in App Info, the "Force Stop" button is enabled), but now you have to click the icon in your launcher instead and it will go back to the main screen, since the Activity that was cached now doesn't have a direct link to it. So it just takes longer to get to your last open vault. Meanwhile, the old screen is still waiting for the garbage collect thingy to decide it wants to close it.

I had people still die during expeditions while idle so I guess this game runs off on time advancement.

Yes, that's why I said this, which you quoted:

The only reason to "pause" the game would be to avoid getting people killed while exploring, and you can just recall everyone if that's an issue

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: August 17, 2015, 05:47:55 pm »

That's not how Android works.

It actually leaves the app running in the background (you can check in App Info, the "Force Stop" button is enabled), but now you have to click the icon in your launcher instead and it will go back to the main screen, since the Activity that was cached now doesn't have a direct link to it. So it just takes longer to get to your last open vault. Meanwhile, the old screen is still waiting for the garbage collect thingy to decide it wants to close it.
If you want I'll send you the logcat of the app termination :P.

edit: as for the pausing quote well, it was meant to be a supportive response.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 05:53:58 pm by Tellemurius »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: August 17, 2015, 09:19:46 pm »

Cool, thought you had missed it.

Anyway, I find this is a mostly chill little casual game without all the "pay2skip" crap (in fact buying tons of lunchboxes means you skip the actual game so you "finish" way too quickly  ::) but there aren't any "waiting times" that you actually pay to skip like exploration or production). But it never intended to be anything more than that, so I don't understand the massive disappointment. I mean, if you think those kinds of games are dumb already then what's with the high hopes?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:23:00 pm by Sergius »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: August 18, 2015, 01:24:03 am »

Iiiiii really didn't expect much more than a silly little simple game. And I got that! :D
I enjoy it, if only because I like building vaults.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 08, 2015, 04:52:00 pm »

I started playing new Vegas again, without mods even. Still tons of fun! It's a real rpg, not a far cry/mass effect fps like fallout 4 lol.

Anyone else go back to fallout 3 or nv? I was pretty disappointed in fo4, got bored super quick and I don't like fps games. More into rpgs and strategy games. Seems on nexus, a lot more people going back to new vegas, judging by mod votes and downloads.

Hope obsidian can make a new fallout, they'd hopefully make another good one.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128