Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206255 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1875 on: August 10, 2015, 07:13:46 am »

guys he invented the whole concept of survival simulators

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: August 10, 2015, 09:32:31 am »

Heretic, he created the very concept of survival.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: August 10, 2015, 10:36:03 am »

Let's not lose track of what's important here. I invented games (you're welcome), so he's really just impinging on my IP rights.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1878 on: August 10, 2015, 01:32:32 pm »

Let's not lose track of what's important here. I invented games (you're welcome), so he's really just impinging on my IP rights.

Woah woah woah, I'm going to need to see your licensing fees asap. I invented the concept of inventing concepts.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: August 10, 2015, 01:37:14 pm »

Woah woah woah, I'm going to need to see your licensing fees asap. I invented the concept of inventing concepts.
Well I invented the concept of concepts, so you'll be hearing from my lawyer.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: August 10, 2015, 02:07:09 pm »

Well I invented the concept of concepts, so you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

To be fair, I discovered inventing, and while that doesn't entitle me to royalties, gotta acknowledge me on all future inventions.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: August 10, 2015, 04:42:25 pm »

My experience with Obscurum in my initial 6 hours of playing

I start in a small store. I exit. Its dark as hell. I hear explosions. I look around with VATs and see many radscorpions. I also see a couple enemy human NPCs. The radscorpions kill one, but then a bunch of human npcs come storming by killing the rest and have their eyes on me. I have a couple guns, and a grenade. I throw...whoops I blew myself up. Yeah never been best grenade thrower :P I'm just as bad at throwing in real life :P So in an apocalypse, never give me grenades :P

I start again back at the store. I exit and...radscorpions to the face.

I start again and finally take out one radscorpion and the human npcs distract the others. I take off like hell and run off. In the dark. Where I can't see at all. And I do have one of those flares, but if I use it I'm a neon lit up sign and everything would see me. So I decide to not use it...and then landmine to my legs :(

This time, I decide to wait in the store till day light. Though I do manage to take out a radscorpion. I mostly stay back and let the scorpions take on the humans. So I wait and wait. Finally its day. I exit and then go right back into the store.

I liked night time better :P

Also what I saw, no spoilers for you :P But there were so many....

Also all the character races you can choose, they are pretty creepy...maybe I get creeped out easily...but mod seems to have a lot of horror aspects to it.

And so for 4 hours (real life hours) I've barricaded myself in the store and can't leave lol. Fun :P Well I can...but I don't want to...too scary :P

I probably chose the hard start lol.

As for my thoughts. I got bored of DUST super quick, which is only thing "sorta" similar for Fallout NV. This mod is a lot better, especially at least for me, its rather creepy.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: August 10, 2015, 09:40:59 pm »

So, it seems Project Brazil is in a big hurry to finish the mod before Fallout 4 comes out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: August 10, 2015, 09:42:50 pm »

They've got, what, four months?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: August 10, 2015, 09:46:03 pm »

Well according to them that's like 6 months ahead of schedule.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: August 17, 2015, 11:09:15 am »

All this talk about fallout and rebuilding... now I want a strategic-level game where you are rebuilding the wastes. Like Europa Universalis 4 engine but fallout setting

I wouldn't mind something slightly smaller scale (or at least more zoomed in) without going as far as an RTS. There are some games that seem to walk the line between those. Something like The Settlers maybe.
Well theres Fallout Shelter to look forward in the future which is a weak mobile game but lets you run a vault. Other than that theres not alot of management games where you are stuck in some crater trying to rebuild whats left. Closest I can come up are either a colony management game or zombies.

Fallout Shelter was a profound disappointment. Turns out it's one of those shitty Farmville-style games where stuff happens even when it's turned off. I was hoping for something closer to SimCity, or Dungeon Keeper, or Dwarf Fortress. or Tropico.

EDIT;
In retrospect, I suppose the fact that I acquired it through Google Play should have been a big tip-off that it was a piece of shit.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:13:01 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: August 17, 2015, 11:23:20 am »

Did any of you actually expected Fallout Shelter to be a full blown AAA game on mobile? Its everything they described at E3, Bethesda was more surprised to the fact it actually made money.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: August 17, 2015, 11:32:04 am »

A what game????
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: August 17, 2015, 11:34:52 am »

A what game????
Oh come on don't tell me you never heard of the term Triple A title before.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: August 17, 2015, 11:38:52 am »

Only in regard to auto repairs and badly designed quality ratings, never as a game industry abbreviation.

At any rate, I didn't expect it to be a "full-blown" anything, but at the same time I didn't expect it to be one of those shitty games where everything takes a long-ass time and it's impossible to pause even by closing the program; two defects don't make a feature!
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128