Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206387 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1860 on: July 26, 2015, 02:37:41 pm »

Upon testing it does not appear to work. I loaded up a character with 9 strength, and took some buffout and carrying capacity only went up by 10

EDIT:
Nevermind. Got it working. (Still, be warned that you may have to reload a coupe of times to get it to initialize properly)

EDIT:
Now I'm convinced that there must also be some way to edit this to make it work in Fallout 3 as well. Any ideas? I've already changed the required master and removed all references to the survival skill that I could find.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:10:45 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 26, 2015, 03:58:03 pm »

Yeah, they noted that the SPECIAL display will still only show a maximum of 10.

I'd guess that you'd have to go through and do the same as you did with Survival, take out any references to NV-only content, change ones where shared content is identified differently, and add any relevant content references from FO3 (like the different unique power armors, for example).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 26, 2015, 05:17:06 pm »

Couldn't you use Tale of Two Wastelands and play the FO3 content with the mod that way? Also PTW.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 27, 2015, 08:36:25 am »

With my internet being lousy as it is, I decided to play New Vegas again. This time, as a unarmed-built character.

It's actually going fairly well, I started with Skilled and Logan's Loophole; fooled around, finished Honest Hearts for that nice light armor to match with light armor perks. Just finished Old World Blues (To take skilled again and swap out LL).

On one hand, I'm pumped up with damage/crit boosting perks, letting me one-shot most things that aren't a super-mutant master or a deathclaw. The final boss of OWB went down in about... 6 seconds. Main weapon is a deathclaw gauntlet (Project Nevada makes them craftable).

On the other hand, I'm taking far too much damage against enemies with guns. Even with two toughness perks (+6 DT total), Signature Weapon Defensive Boost (+10 DT), Reinforced Spine (+2 DT), Big Brained (+10% DT), and Signature armor (+12 DT, +25% DR bonuses along with 15 base armor DT)

Is there something I'm missing here? I can shred smaller groups or bosses within seconds, but hanging around outside Freeside is dangerous due to having Fiends spawn in groups of 10-15.

Also, if someone could point out a shield mod, like a regular shield, not an energy one. Preferably something that doesn't take long to download. I'd be grateful.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:40:50 am by Blaze »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 27, 2015, 08:47:15 am »

For durability, I guess you could invest in either stealth or sturdier armour. Maybe even powered one.

Weapons-wise, my favorite unarmed one is the super-heated saturnite fist from OWB, mainly due to the insane speed and ability to set stuff on fire. Mostly the speed though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: July 27, 2015, 09:13:46 am »

With my internet being lousy as it is, I decided to play New Vegas again. This time, as a unarmed-built character.

It's actually going fairly well, I started with Skilled and Logan's Loophole; fooled around, finished Honest Hearts for that nice light armor to match with light armor perks. Just finished Old World Blues (To take skilled again and swap out LL).

On one hand, I'm pumped up with damage/crit boosting perks, letting me one-shot most things that aren't a super-mutant master or a deathclaw. The final boss of OWB went down in about... 6 seconds. Main weapon is a deathclaw gauntlet (Project Nevada makes them craftable).

On the other hand, I'm taking far too much damage against enemies with guns. Even with two toughness perks (+6 DT total), Signature Weapon Defensive Boost (+10 DT), Reinforced Spine (+2 DT), Big Brained (+10% DT), and Signature armor (+12 DT, +25% DR bonuses along with 15 base armor DT)

Is there something I'm missing here? I can shred smaller groups or bosses within seconds, but hanging around outside Freeside is dangerous due to having Fiends spawn in groups of 10-15.

Also, if someone could point out a shield mod, like a regular shield, not an energy one. Preferably something that doesn't take long to download. I'd be grateful.
Got to remember that Project Nevada gives NPCs a boost to damage and the Fiends are fucking hard even with a DT of 24.

If you want to do this unarmed I recommend piling up some drugs for fights. Doing a combo of Med-x, Slasher, and Battle brew will get your DR upto 85

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 27, 2015, 12:45:20 pm »

Melee Characters are of the hard to play. I had to disable realistic headshots because I was BECOMING CANNON FODDER.
get 'im, niner
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 27, 2015, 12:58:05 pm »

I actually didn't have much trouble from bullets as a 10 endurance unarmed character in FO:NV.  I did have the more-perks mod, which maybe let me improve my DR more.  I also had high Survival for healing and buffs, but I didn't have to use them much.

I was taking down most targets in 1-2 swings of that special mantis lord gauntlet, whatever it's called.  I also had 3-4 intelligence (just above the moron-dialogue threshold) because why else would a woman be serving the Legion.  That was an interesting and strange playthrough.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: July 27, 2015, 01:42:09 pm »

I use the skirmisher mod for throwing weapons and melee. Mainly throwing though. I kinda know why spears are so rare in vanilla. As long as it's withing your throwing range, it has a 95% chance to hit with VATS. As long as you can toss it when they're trying to aim at you, you can pop off heads every time.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: July 27, 2015, 04:37:11 pm »

When it comes right down to it, I'm actually a lot more powerful than I really should be. I triple-dipped Skilled for +15 all skills, have perks every level (10x Intense Training), Signature Armor, Signature Weapon, and having a really limited skill-set leaves a lot of space for perks. Project Nevada's Deathclaw gauntlet has an obscene 5x crit multiplier too.

Of course, this comes at a cost of -40% xp, but that's not really a problem when there's so many enemies.

I haven't really touched throwing, I do use grenades on occasion though. I suppose I could mix it in, but I only really encountered a useful amount of throwing weapons in Dead Money.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 27, 2015, 07:46:56 pm »

Skirmisher mod adds craftable throwing spears and knives, and perks to make better throwing spears and knives. Also hatchets but no one really likes the throwing hatchets.

There's also throwing stars if you want to be a ninja.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:49:15 pm by majikero »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 09, 2015, 05:25:40 pm »

anyone else experiencing problems with windows 10 in the pip boy menu?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 09, 2015, 11:55:48 pm »

anyone else experiencing problems with windows 10 in the pip boy menu?

I'm installing FONV again, so I'll report back.

Also, anyone see this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59344/?

Looks like a better version of DUST.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 10, 2015, 07:03:32 am »

Quote from: That mod
Sure, sure, we've all seen survival simulators made before. Hell, I invented the concept more or less with Obscurum - Unnatural Selection

Love, scriver~

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 10, 2015, 07:11:23 am »

DOES NOT COMPUTE
DOES NOT COMPUTE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 128