Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206476 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1815 on: July 13, 2015, 01:11:34 am »

Eh, I found DM surprisingly easy, some good scavenging leads to me having way too much of every single drug I wanted, the weird dudes in suits were pretty simple to kill (unarmed 100 beartrap fist will do that to you), and (once again) I never died to those radios except for about a billion times at the endpoint of the game.
The Holograms were pretty easy, too, sneak past 'em or disable their emitters (again, apart from the endgame).
The companions were nice, though, I felt they were pretty good, apart from Ghoulie, who was pretty bad.

He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: July 13, 2015, 01:19:56 am »

It all depends how late in the game you are. I had played through the game, then later got the ultimate edition, and made a new character on which I mostly just played the expansion packs (starting with OWB as soon as it's available at level 10) and found them decently hard, and each one left me at the exact level to start the next one.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: July 13, 2015, 02:13:45 am »

Uppercutting people's heads off is fun, I've noticed.
(And I like the tinted viewpoint from sunglasses and stuff.)
Thanks, Project Nevada!
Black lives matter.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: July 13, 2015, 03:04:27 am »

Thanks, Project Nevada!
The tint is great, but my switching between it and third person gives me a headache, since third person doesnt have said tint.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: July 13, 2015, 03:57:17 am »

It's kind of funny that because if the the tint wearing sunglasses in the night actually makes you see better.
Love, scriver~

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: July 13, 2015, 04:03:13 am »

Ouch. Entering Zion and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: July 13, 2015, 04:37:47 am »

Ouch. Entering Zion and

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: July 13, 2015, 06:13:34 am »

On the other hand, it's a nice and early warning as to the overall quality of HH. The most fun I had with that DLC was an hour or two gibbing the guide NPC with every one of the three dozen or so weapons I had.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: July 13, 2015, 07:21:51 am »

Thanks, Project Nevada!
What annoys me about that is the scratches and dents that many things have.

Now in reality, your preception would adjust and you could ignore those scratches and dents. In the game you can't and it ends up being supremely awkward to play.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 13, 2015, 09:27:46 am »

I take it back, the thing I hated most in Dead Money was the goddamn radio paranoia bullshit. There's tension and then there's just flat out "Haul ass or you're gonna fucking explode and get instant killed douchebag"

Not only was it annoying, it didn't even make sense.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: July 13, 2015, 09:50:30 am »

Eh, I found DM surprisingly easy, some good scavenging leads to me having way too much of every single drug I wanted, the weird dudes in suits were pretty simple to kill (unarmed 100 beartrap fist will do that to you), and (once again) I never died to those radios except for about a billion times at the endpoint of the game.
The Holograms were pretty easy, too, sneak past 'em or disable their emitters (again, apart from the endgame).
The companions were nice, though, I felt they were pretty good, apart from Ghoulie, who was pretty bad.

Domino was such an asshole that I think his bad ending is actually sparing him. I've never been so happy to "fail" a quest.

Just the requirement to not kill him just makes you want him dead more.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 13, 2015, 10:04:00 am »

I take it back, the thing I hated most in Dead Money was the goddamn radio paranoia bullshit. There's tension and then there's just flat out "Haul ass or you're gonna fucking explode and get instant killed douchebag"

You are using the same radio frequency on your neckbomb. When you get too close to a transmitting radio, it floods your neckbomb's receiver. Neckbomb does not receive correct signals from Beardman's transmitter. Neckbomb blows up.

Or something.
Love, scriver~

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: July 13, 2015, 10:13:50 am »

You are using the same radio frequency on your neckbomb. When you get too close to a transmitting radio, it floods your neckbomb's receiver. Neckbomb does not receive correct signals from Beardman's transmitter. Neckbomb blows up.

Or something.
But if it was the same frequency... wouldn't it not matter?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 13, 2015, 10:27:57 am »

Wait...

Aren't radios receivers, not transmitters?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 13, 2015, 10:30:13 am »

I would think of it like a bunch of people talking to a nuclear technician (bomb collar) at once, so he can't hear the correct person (Beardman) telling him not to launch the bomb (destroy the Courier's head, a second time).
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 128