Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206653 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1785 on: July 11, 2015, 01:50:49 am »

If you get the pulse gun from the vault (34 I think...?) you can breeze through Old World Blues.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: July 11, 2015, 01:57:27 am »

If you get the pulse gun from the vault (34 I think...?) you can breeze through Old World Blues.

Or if you're a melee character you can kick serious ass with the melee pulse weapons that OWB itself provides
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: July 11, 2015, 02:25:05 am »

...but the whole affair feels too much like a standard FPS, focusing way too much on combat and combat-related gimmicks (Hey, blow up these here nukes to blow up enemies and progress!).

Plus the explosions from the so-called "nukes" were ridiculously small, even if we assume that the explosions are to the same distorted scale as the roads.

Y'know, now that I think about it, all the DLC had one thing in common, they all had stupidly overpowered enemies, the roboscorpions, the ghost people, the tunnelers, and a buncha tribals capable of taking out a person in full T-45d power armor.

At least the first three were kind of plausible in-world. The super resilient tribals don't make sense any way you look at it; there was a similar problem with the Point Lookout DLC for Fallout 3. And you left out the most overpowered enemy of all, the security holograms from Dead Money, which couldn't be attacked at all.
But those sorta made sense. You can't attack light after all. And of course yoou can just run past them so they are never a serious issue.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: July 11, 2015, 02:38:04 am »

I honestly have no idea why, but NRG Weppinz are laughably bad in OWB, for me. Even with 75+ in the skill. And Elijah's advanced LAER.
With a plasma pistol it takes an inordinately large amount of shots to kill lobotomites, much less the Cyberdogs. Or Robobrains. Or Mister Gutsies, or the skellington suits... Don't even get me started on Mobius' goddamn scorpions...
Black lives matter.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: July 11, 2015, 02:48:43 am »

I unno, Im using the Nevada mod which rebalances it, havent done OWB but i might soonish with it.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: July 11, 2015, 02:56:25 am »

I honestly have no idea why, but NRG Weppinz are laughably bad in OWB, for me. Even with 75+ in the skill. And Elijah's advanced LAER.
With a plasma pistol it takes an inordinately large amount of shots to kill lobotomites, much less the Cyberdogs. Or Robobrains. Or Mister Gutsies, or the skellington suits... Don't even get me started on Mobius' goddamn scorpions...

Were you actually hitting them? The plasma weapons in FNV remind me of Ignignokt's gun from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, where the projectile moves so slowly that people can just calmly step out of the way.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: July 11, 2015, 02:58:54 am »

They're okay at medium range (static or directly approaching targets) and close range (less time for the enemy to "dodge"), I've noticed. Also VATS.
Lots of VATS.
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: July 11, 2015, 03:02:45 am »

Gauss rifle took care of most things pretty well.  I used the Hyperbreeder Alpha from GRA for short range stuff, but it almost felt like cheating.  Except against the nightstalkers, they were fast and oddly tough.  Almost as bad as the tunnelers in LR.  The scorpions were dangerous but slow moving.

Been a while since I played OWB though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: July 11, 2015, 03:27:20 am »

I just use mods so I can have a sodding companion with me so Niner can unload with a FUCKING TOMMYGUN.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: July 12, 2015, 05:58:27 am »

At least the first three were kind of plausible in-world. The super resilient tribals don't make sense any way you look at it; there was a similar problem with the Point Lookout DLC for Fallout 3. And you left out the most overpowered enemy of all, the security holograms from Dead Money, which couldn't be attacked at all.
You're supposed to destroy their emitters, dude.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: July 12, 2015, 06:05:09 am »

And you left out the most overpowered enemy of all, the security holograms from Dead Money, which couldn't be attacked at all.

That was kind of the point, that you couldn't just unload a shotgun into them and call it a day.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: July 12, 2015, 07:49:24 am »

Eeeh, Holograms were the only enemy I truly despised in Dead Money because it felt like I was being strung along and forced to do things in one or two ways because if I didn't the holobutts would zap me.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: July 12, 2015, 08:17:13 am »

Eeeh, Holograms were the only enemy I truly despised in Dead Money because it felt like I was being strung along and forced to do things in one or two ways because if I didn't the holobutts would zap me.
The EndGame section of Dead-Money was the worst, though, with those holograms there, it took me half an hour and countless quickloads before I cheesed the entire section by finding the annoyingly hidden hologram projectors (That required a straight up 100 repair, by the way, good thing I was horrendously overleveled for that DLC or I would have been screwed!) instead of the 'actual' way which involved this bullshit step by step plan that required very specific actions, and because the computers needed to be those good old green-screen monitors,  I had a great time figuring out what 'water valve guard' compared to 'east buttocks patrol' meant.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: July 12, 2015, 09:21:28 am »

You're supposed to destroy their emitters, dude.

Yeah, but until you find the emitters they can't even be stunned or slowed down
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: July 12, 2015, 09:31:39 am »

The EndGame section of Dead-Money was the worst, though, with those holograms there, it took me half an hour and countless quickloads before I cheesed the entire section by finding the annoyingly hidden hologram projectors (That required a straight up 100 repair, by the way, good thing I was horrendously overleveled for that DLC or I would have been screwed!) instead of the 'actual' way which involved this bullshit step by step plan that required very specific actions, and because the computers needed to be those good old green-screen monitors,  I had a great time figuring out what 'water valve guard' compared to 'east buttocks patrol' meant.
I just ran past them.
Worked like a charm.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 128