Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206466 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1725 on: June 23, 2015, 12:17:15 pm »

Closest I've found is this mod for some game called Darkest Hour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYaBk7IAA1A

There used to be a Fallout mod on Civilization 3 but that went defunct years ago. So far that was the closest I found for survival as you had to clean up the lands and building took forever without the right tech. There is another Fallout mod for Civ 4 BTS here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fallout-tame-the-wastes but thats more empire building than survival.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 23, 2015, 04:28:23 pm »

There actually is a Fallout mod for EU4, if my memory serves.

What might be preventing me from starting a new game? The game itself launches fine, the menu shows up, but when I click 'new game', nothing happens. I tried verifying the game cache on Steam, but it didn't help. Here's my load order, if that makes any difference:

Code: [Select]
GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm=1
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm=1
oHUD.esm=1
More Traits.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
More Perks.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
More Perks for Companions.esm=1
NevadaSkies.esm=1
AWOPDeadMoney.esm=1
More Perks for Dead Money.esm=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm=1
FCOMaster.esm=1
More Perks for Old World Blues.esm=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm=1
More Traits Update.esp=1
DYNAVISION 3.esp=1
More Perks for Companions Update.esp=1
FCO - GlowingOne.esp=1
ContinueAfterEnding.esp=1
More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
Ragdolls.esp=1
More Perks Update.esp=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp=1
ILO - PipBoy Light.esp=1
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp=1
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp=1
NevadaSkies - Darker Nights.esp=1
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp=1
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp=1
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp=1
Better Game Performance.esp=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp=1
NCR Rearmament v1.5 (Lore).esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
IMPACT.esp=1
WMX-DLCMerged.esp=1
Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1
AWOPDeadMoneyVendorPatch.esp=1
christinecos.esp=1
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp=1
AWOP-IMPACT-WMX-EVE AllDLCMerged.esp=1
UnlimitedCompanions.esp=1
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp=1
WMX-POPMerged.esp=1
NevadaSkies - Basic Edition.esp=0
NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp=0
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp=1

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 23, 2015, 11:12:23 pm »

Presumably you've already run LOOT to sort any potential load order issues, correct?

I personally can't see much wrong with it as is, though I can't run LOOT with your load order unfortunately... the things that bug me (which may potentially mean they need to be sorted) are the More Traits and More Perks being all over the place in terms of load order.

You might also be missing an esp/esm file somewhere, meaning some mod is looking for an original to build off of, or it got put in front of what it's looking for in the load order. LOOT would help with locating that, as would FNVEdit. About 4 times out of 5 any crash on startup issues are a result of needing to play hide and go seek with a missing file, in my experience.

I'm not familiar with about a quarter to half the mods in there, so I can't honestly say for certain what it is. WMX-POPMerged.esp stands out for some reason, as well.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 23, 2015, 11:45:52 pm »

Nevermind, it had to do with the 4GB loader. I fixed it.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 28, 2015, 10:10:34 pm »

I'm using the same load order, and for some reason a lot of the NPCs (around Goodsprings, at least) have weirdly high DT. I can barely scratch most of them, including the Powder Gangers you fight at the end of Ghost Town Gunfight. Is this an issue with Project Nevada, or...? Most random mooks seem normal, though, like the Powder Gangers near Jean Skydiving.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 06, 2015, 02:13:55 am »

Does anyone else think that the DLCs seem weirdly tacked-on.

As in, it's not like they merely didn't try to hide the fact that they're tacked on (which would be understandable), but it's almost like they actually tried to call attention to it. Not only does everything occur in a different map, not only do the denizens and quests in one map not acknowledge the existence of the people and things on the other map (for example, you can't even broach the subject of having the King's dog repaired in Big MT even though they invented the damn thing), but in most cases you can't even travel freely between the DLC map and the vanilla game world until the DLC's main quest is completed, thus causing a feeling of disconnection between the DLC and the rest of the game. Plus, you can't take your companions along even if there's no sensible reason - in game or out - why you shouldn't be able to.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:15:47 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 06, 2015, 02:36:28 am »

Probably because modifying the core game map to acknowledge the events of the DLC would take inordinate amounts of money and time and would basically end up forcing the studio into remaking the gameworld again.

Broken Steel tried to do something like that for FO3, but that basically amounted to a couple of new quests in the overworld, some new radio chatter and barrels of water strewn about all over the place.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 06, 2015, 02:56:43 am »

I was about to say the same thing. I do agree that there could have been a little more acknowledgement in the DLC though. For example, I can't remember exactly how much you could talk to Crazy Beard Dude about Veronica and the state of the BoS, but I do remember that it felt somewhat unsatisfactory. Likewise, Veronica does have a few lines of dialogue concerning her father and lover, but it really feels weird how the writing suddenly demands she doesn't want to know about them, or hell, go to the Desert Smoky Place and see her ex, considering that these are basically some major elements and questions of her life and her past that you basically "solved" while she was off-screen. So I don't know which I think would have been worse, having this kind of not-enough acknowledgment, or having no effects at all.

I do like that the DLCs are all interwoven with each other through their characters as well as the OC storylines, though.
Love, scriver~

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 06, 2015, 05:42:32 am »

There are also plenty of subtle references that, if I remember correctly, were woven in to the main story and world even before the DLCs themselves came out. Not something you would pick up on a first play through, but definitely the sorts of things that make more sense once you've gone through it at least once or twice. References to New Canaan, the Sierra Madre, Big MT and The Divide pop up here and there, and you can find some interesting tidbits if you really look for them. The fact that they synergize with each other (in a manner of speaking; sometimes it feels like you're picking up the pieces, or perpetually late to the party) makes it more engaging as well, since you get to find the origin of some of the crazy stuff you get in Dead Money from Old World Blues, and track Elijah's path after the fact.

As mentioned above, the fact that they mesh with the main game world and the central conflict is pretty neat, but it's slightly disappointing that regardless of how you handle them, they have no real effect outside of giving you some experience, loot and ending sequences for each one, wrapped up tidily in its own little package. Only Lonesome Road ended up having anything that extended outside of its main play area, but the fact that you bombed the NCR or Legion (or both, or neither, but they just amount to bonus dungeons either way), or potentially got Ulysses to basically accept your way of thinking, had no effect on the main story or the ending sequence whatsoever.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:46:25 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 06, 2015, 10:28:04 am »

Quote from: Grizzly
Ooh that's too many. I managed to keep it under 100 by just saying fuck it & adopting PN.
Also, wrong thread mate. NV

The game will hopefully remain stable since probably about half of the mods are purely aesthetic (meshes, textures, etc.) and I'm not going overboard making everything 4K.
PN is included in the guide.

I edited the other post, relevant now. :v
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 06, 2015, 11:17:36 am »

Probably because modifying the core game map to acknowledge the events of the DLC would take inordinate amounts of money and time and would basically end up forcing the studio into remaking the gameworld again.

Ok. But what's the point of the contrived excuses to keep you from moving freely between the mod map and the core gameworld? That's the main thing that I was trying to point out; the part that seems to be deliberately calling attention to the fact that the DLCs are tacked on.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 06, 2015, 01:10:10 pm »

There are also plenty of subtle references that, if I remember correctly, were woven in to the main story and world even before the DLCs themselves came out. Not something you would pick up on a first play through, but definitely the sorts of things that make more sense once you've gone through it at least once or twice. References to New Canaan, the Sierra Madre, Big MT and The Divide pop up here and there, and you can find some interesting tidbits if you really look for them. The fact that they synergize with each other (in a manner of speaking; sometimes it feels like you're picking up the pieces, or perpetually late to the party) makes it more engaging as well, since you get to find the origin of some of the crazy stuff you get in Dead Money from Old World Blues, and track Elijah's path after the fact.

As mentioned above, the fact that they mesh with the main game world and the central conflict is pretty neat, but it's slightly disappointing that regardless of how you handle them, they have no real effect outside of giving you some experience, loot and ending sequences for each one, wrapped up tidily in its own little package. Only Lonesome Road ended up having anything that extended outside of its main play area, but the fact that you bombed the NCR or Legion (or both, or neither, but they just amount to bonus dungeons either way), or potentially got Ulysses to basically accept your way of thinking, had no effect on the main story or the ending sequence whatsoever.
I honestly was shocked and slightly horrified when I found out how much of the horrible shit around the Mojave and its surrounding areas was caused by the Think Tank. Which is why I put them down like the monsters they are. There's science, and then there's terrorism. Sierra Madre was a nightmare.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 06, 2015, 01:17:45 pm »

I honestly was shocked and slightly horrified when I found out how much of the horrible shit around the Mojave and its surrounding areas was caused by the Think Tank. Which is why I put them down like the monsters they are. There's science, and then there's terrorism. Sierra Madre was a nightmare.

As a usually evil/pragmatic courier, I let them live to do !!!SCIENCE!!! in my name. I wonder how you would have gotten the truly evil non-standard game over, though:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately it was cut. Probably because it didn't mesh with the goofy theme of the DLC as a whole.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 06, 2015, 02:23:11 pm »

That's amazing.  Even as a non-canon "might have been".
I loved the Big MT, and I'm looking forward to finally playing Dead Money soon.  Particularly since I've been eager to meet Elijah.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 06, 2015, 02:31:18 pm »

I'm looking forward to finally playing Dead Money soon.

Prepare to be disappointed.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 128