Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212022 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1545 on: May 25, 2015, 04:54:41 am »

I ran with most of the mods included as recommended.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All in all, a very light mod list for me. I haven't gotten very far, but the thing that's most off-putting about it isn't the difficulty, it's more the lack of direction. For a plague bombed hellhole, there sure are a lot of people left over to kill. The advancement is a bit slow as well, it feels like it takes forever to advance from level to level, likely because there aren't any quests.

It would be a great survival game if other players were involved (a la Rust) but as is, it's basically just move from area to area, kill things, get marginally stronger, hope you don't run out of ammo, rinse repeat. At least, once you get out of the "running for your life from Tunnelers" phase of the game.

There's also the bugs I encounter from time to time, like the invulnerable children in the NCR Correctional Facility ruins, randomly losing/gaining karma from various acts, and getting messages that [person] has died, when killing the now generically named NPC that replaces them.

I did get exceedingly lucky on an enemy dropping a Marksman Carbine (semi auto rifle that tends to instantly kill any human enemies in a single shot, has a zoom function, and requires 100 Guns skill to get the most out of it). It takes 5.56 ammo, which is somewhat plentiful. I also broke down a bunch of other ammo and made more, so I had around 50 rounds of 5.56 to play with. Later, I found a Sniper Rifle (and a few more in the aforementioned NCR Correctional Facility) with enough ammo to comfortably sneak headshot most enemies.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:20:42 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 25, 2015, 08:21:40 am »

I found a battle rifle and a makeshift plasma rifle on cannibals, the only problem now is ammo. But yea, I agree with you on the whole progression and lack of direction thing, but I do like the open gameplay enough for it to not be a major issue, and I like that travelling around is actualy dangerous now, so it does feel very post apocalyptic, even though there seems to a fair bit of people going around.

I'm thinking of trying a tale of two wastelands. I kind of liked the fallout 3 environments more then the mojave wasteland, and there's a lot of equipment from fallout 3 I'd like to use on new vegas, but my current new vegas game is kind of advanced. Does it actualy work with previous saves or do I have to start a new game for it?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 25, 2015, 06:17:06 pm »

I edited out the tunnelers. They were kinda BS. I'd have been fine with the occasional one, but they were WAY to common. So I used FNVedit and removed the tunneler entries.

I still die a lot without them, and still face tough enemies and have to be careful. But now its not BS :P Don't really care if they are lorefriendly or not...I don't even care about dying over and over. I play roguelikes and dwarf fortress :P But they were just too annoying.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 25, 2015, 07:50:51 pm »

Finally got around to playing NVs since I got my PC. Using Project Nevada, it seems prices are really inflated and caps flows like river, both ways. Is this normal or because of the mod?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 26, 2015, 05:13:15 am »

Prices may start out a bit more expensive, but you end up a bit lower than what they could have been in vanilla if you get your Barter skill up enough, if I remember correctly.

Charisma will also play a role. If the NPC doesn't like you to start (due to low disposition resulting from low Charisma) then their prices will be elevated further.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 26, 2015, 10:30:48 am »

I'm curious if there's a patch for TTW and JSawyer mod.  I went looking on the TTW site, but the jsawyer patches available also patched other mods like EVE and Project Nevada or other mods I don't plan on using my next playthrough.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: May 27, 2015, 07:48:17 pm »

Found a great throwing weapon mod. Now I can craft throwing knives and other throwing stuff if I get the perk in the mod but the main thing is I can make throwing knives.

I might need to up barter to get Packrat perk but I can finally build my laser ninja. I just need caps to get the armor implant and get both toughness perk and I can finally move away from using my multiplasma as my fuck everything weapon.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 27, 2015, 08:19:51 pm »

Is there a mod that just skips the long introduction sequence?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 27, 2015, 08:37:11 pm »

I think Alternative start mod does that.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 27, 2015, 09:59:02 pm »

What, the cutscene? Or Doc Mitchell?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 28, 2015, 01:31:30 am »

You could also just save an early save and then when you want a new character you can trek out of Goodspring.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 28, 2015, 05:57:42 am »

I think Alternative start mod does that.
Ah, cheers.

Yes.

You could also just save an early save and then when you want a new character you can trek out of Goodspring.
Not when I want to use new mods, which generslly require a fresh start.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 28, 2015, 07:19:49 am »

Yes.

The point is that the cutscene is skippable by default. Just press the "escape" button
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 28, 2015, 08:35:08 am »

I'm fairly certain the answered yes to the Doc Mitchell stuff, because that's what I hate, at least.
Love, scriver~

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 28, 2015, 06:52:27 pm »

So I used FNVEdit to remove most tunnelers from Dust. While it doesn't have as many encounters, it makes it so much fun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My experience in a nutshell :P
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 128