Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212032 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1515 on: May 22, 2015, 07:51:32 am »

www.pcgamer.com/mod-makes-fallout-new-vegas-a-survival-simulator/

If you're bored of New Vegas and want a vastly different, very creepy flavor to go with it, try this. Actual mod is here:

www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57927/

I posted in the death thread my most recent experience with this mod. It is absolutely brutal in terms of the difficulty cliff it throws you off of right at the start. You may want to think of it sort of like a Dark Souls-esque first person shooter survival horror rpg.

I added Project Nevada core, along with most of the recommended mods included on the Nexus page, minus the ENB mods, Alternative Start (which I can't get to work) and the save restriction mod. You will die a lot regardless, so having to go through character creation more than playing the game may not be all that fun.

This looks.. Pretty interesting actualy, I'll make a post now so I can easily go back and check this later when I get home.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: May 22, 2015, 02:28:52 pm »

Aight, thanks, and also is there anyway to remove tunnelers from the DUST mod, I honestly can't stand them.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 22, 2015, 06:12:10 pm »

Any sufficiently annoying gameplay aspect is indistinguishable from challenge.
- Abraham Lincoln
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 22, 2015, 06:24:04 pm »

Aight, thanks, and also is there anyway to remove tunnelers from the DUST mod, I honestly can't stand them.
Lorewise it's justified; Ulysses mentions that the Tunnelers would spread from the Divide to the Mojave in a few years. Since the little bastards can take out Deathclaws, and this is technically 20 years into the future of the Mojave with no Courier intervention on anything... well...

I do find them extremely annoying, especially to start... it usually means that your first moments of the mod are spent running for your life to other things that just have less of a chance of killing you.

I'm sure you could go in and turn them all to geckos as a mod of your own though.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 22, 2015, 06:39:28 pm »

I get that it is justified lorewise, I would simply prefer the game without them, more an apocalyptic scenario of man vs man than one where I have to deal with a creature that takes a whole magazine to the face.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 22, 2015, 06:47:03 pm »

Their existence above ground is also caused by the Courier, though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 22, 2015, 06:52:14 pm »

Right, I'm not arguing with you on that point, I was just trying to find a way to remove them for my own enjoyment.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 22, 2015, 06:57:57 pm »

I dunno if there is one...but you can probably use TES edit or whatever there is for Fallout New Vegas. Go into the esp and edit the entries out. Dunno if there is a TESedit for fallout 3/NV though...but that be the easiest way. Or you can go into the creation kit and find the entries for it, but that is harder/takes longer than using TES edit.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 22, 2015, 06:58:36 pm »

I was referring to Astral saying that it's justified lore-wise.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 22, 2015, 07:02:07 pm »

Ah< i kinda took it as the cloud blocked the sun letting them tolerate the land.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 22, 2015, 09:50:25 pm »

DUST is essentially a What If scenario where the Courier never happened, right?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 23, 2015, 12:06:48 am »

DUST is essentially a What If scenario where the Courier never happened, right?

From what I gather it's supposed to be 20 years after Hoover. You're still the courier, and the game still happened, it's just that the bullshit-o-meter got turned up to 25 and now everything in the game is overpowered and tries to kill you, while you're basically crippled.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 23, 2015, 02:33:42 am »

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59015/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59011/?

Two mods than can potentially make the game a bit less harrowing, at least later on for the kill bonus. The trait seems to be a pretty hefty increase (no Tunneler attacks) against a few minor maluses.

The mod overall really isn't for the faint of heart. It's better to think of it more like a roguelike, than "modded New Vegas." You will die a lot, and hopefully you will be able to figure out what you did wrong, or a possible alternative the next time around.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 02:36:07 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 23, 2015, 09:57:36 am »

I'll definitely give it a shot eventually, but right now I got a sweet game with Fallout Who Vegas, Niner, Willow etc.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 23, 2015, 12:35:25 pm »

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59015/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59011/?

Two mods than can potentially make the game a bit less harrowing, at least later on for the kill bonus. The trait seems to be a pretty hefty increase (no Tunneler attacks) against a few minor maluses.

The mod overall really isn't for the faint of heart. It's better to think of it more like a roguelike, than "modded New Vegas." You will die a lot, and hopefully you will be able to figure out what you did wrong, or a possible alternative the next time around.
I know it is more rouge-like, but It feels more fair when I turn the corner and get blasted in the face by survivor with a shotgun than ran down by tunnelers I can barely scratch
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 128