Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206514 times)

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2010, 10:36:35 am »

I hated the ridiculous dismemberment of fallout 3. I mean, sure if I hit you with a missile launcher or a grenade, some body parts might fly, but ripping heads off right out of the vault with my handgun totally broke the immersion. I hope they fix that in the next installment.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2010, 10:47:10 am »

Yeah, I had to get some physics fixes gore fixes on that one.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2010, 11:27:03 am »

I hated the ridiculous dismemberment of fallout 3. I mean, sure if I hit you with a missile launcher or a grenade, some body parts might fly, but ripping heads off right out of the vault with my handgun totally broke the immersion. I hope they fix that in the next installment.

It always made me laugh to be honestly, as childish as is, to watch some guy go cartwheeling from assault rifle fire.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2010, 11:49:13 am »

It always made me laugh to be honestly, as childish as is, to watch some guy go cartwheeling from assault rifle fire.

But, only on the shot that killed him.

Dear god, if you're gonna do ragdoll, do it so that it ain't inconsistent.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2010, 08:45:02 pm »

Critical Existence Failure, it's called, and I hate it.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2010, 10:00:39 pm »

Eh, I liked it. Ragdoll effects every single time they got shot would mean they would never be /able/ to shoot.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2010, 10:02:53 pm »

I know, it's just kind of off putting when a shotgun blast to the torso does nothing but the next shot from your 10mm sends them flying. I quite like it when they ragdoll realistically, without excessive limb-flailing.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2010, 10:59:33 pm »

I know, it's just kind of off putting when a shotgun blast to the torso does nothing but the next shot from your 10mm sends them flying. I quite like it when they ragdoll realistically, without excessive limb-flailing.

Realistically wouldn't look that good imo. When people get shot they fall down, they don't ever fly backwards, they won't even stumble back.

Plus, you gotta admit it looks pretty sweet when a guy does a cartwheel off of a balcony

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2010, 11:13:37 pm »

I like it like that, sort of. Say you shoot someone in the chest to death, and they stumble backwards, clutch their chests and collapse. That would be awesome. Or if you killed someone with a shot to the right arm and they spin to the right, trip and collapse, dead. That would also be awesome.

I'm not saying it should be realistic but less is more. If someone does a backflip because I shot them with a .32 then that's just going to be silly, and not in a lighthearted fallout-humor way.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2010, 11:19:16 pm »

I actually liked the ragdoll of Max Payne 2. It all seemed to fit together so well. I used to keep a copy of it on my harddrive just for fun with ragdolls.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2010, 06:17:56 am »

I'm just saying that if i shot them in the arm and their arm kinda went back every time you shot them it'd be easy because they couldn't aim at you. If more realistic death shots are what you're after then i'm going to chase you with a pitchfork because I LOVE THEM XD
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2010, 10:15:26 am »

I'm just saying that if i shot them in the arm and their arm kinda went back every time you shot them it'd be easy because they couldn't aim at you. If more realistic death shots are what you're after then i'm going to chase you with a pitchfork because I LOVE THEM XD

The thing is, that'd also apply to you, making not getting hit an important aspect.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2010, 11:09:22 am »

so you guys are saying you want a fallout 2 type of gore?

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2010, 05:33:01 pm »

so you guys are saying you want a fallout 2 type of gore?

I realy don't think we should go there.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2010, 07:22:44 pm »

What was so bad about FO2 gore? I thought it was the same as FO1 gore.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 128