Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 206363 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2010, 07:35:46 am »

Add a bayonet to your gun? I'm adding a Pistol to my Knife!

Edited for less silly :P
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:43:19 am by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Morlacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2010, 07:47:24 am »

yeah... well. i stoped reading at page 4 couse the thread went to hell. I though this was for talking about the next release.
I hate you all.
In the other hand if the discussion keeps going arround the easy f3 whas then you should be happy as me since the "las vegas" editio has a Hardcore mode.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2010, 07:59:40 am »

You can upgrade your weapons? That sounds awesome.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2010, 08:44:59 am »

I hate you all.

I love you too bbz.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2010, 08:45:51 am »

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2010, 04:47:32 pm »

I dont like mods with sweaty neckbeards for voice actors, plus I fucking love Malcom Mcdowell, his soothing voice would make the voices of grizzled hobos sound like poetry. Do some people think this was just made in the geck? Thats just sad. I dont get where you guys are getting the abundance of ammo, im on the Xbox 360 and Ammo is like the fucking gold at the end of the rainbow, I cant fucking find it. Most of the time im wailing at my enemies with a broken sledgehammer while running away, and stimpacks, same thing as ammo. You guys shouldd play on very hard sometime.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2010, 04:52:25 pm »

Ah Huesoo. It's good to know you'll always be there to dredge up an argument we've all agreed to put behind us.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2010, 04:53:47 pm »

I only read up to page 3, I was just putting my 2 cents up there.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2010, 05:56:15 pm »

Writing complete fail on so many levels, it makes me angry that this game was praised for good writing. "You seen my dad, older, brown haired guy?" You mean, like, the 20 in megaton alone? "I fight the good fight with my voice kid, you better believe it!" "Intelligence: Ah, so you fight the good fight with your voice." "That's right kid you're just a chip off the old block aren't you." So my dad is functionally retarded, that would explain why he left me in a vault with a murderous megalomaniac without telling me he was leaving.

Just a note, if a kid in a vault suit walked into my hypothetical post-apocalyptic town, and asked me where to find his or her Dad, and an older gentleman in a vault suit had just recently come through town, it honestly wouldn't be hard to put two and two together.

Three Dog was being very vague from that point, and it's not like that choice required 10 Intellect.

Oh and yeah, even if he had known that the Vault Overseer was an insane sociopath, I think he'd still have to seriously think about leaving you to deal with him, or dealing with the plethora of brutal monsters in the radiation bathed wasteland outside the vault.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2010, 06:21:30 pm »

I certainly hope they make Super Muties as powerful as they were in Tactics. For those of you who haven't played tactics super muties are a pain in the ass (they have over 200 HP compared to your squads less than 100 hp per member, and carried SAWs [squad automatic weapon, not the wood workin one], and browning machine guns, and often killed half your squad in one burst).

Spoiler:  Orbital cannon? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 06:28:21 pm by kalida99 »
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2010, 06:26:52 pm »

I certainly hope they make Super Muties as powerful as they were in Tactics. For those of you who haven't played tactics super muties are a pain in the ass (they have over 200 HP compared to your squads less than 100 hp per member, and carried SAWs [squad automatic weapon, not the wood workin one], and browning machine guns, and often killed half your squad in one burst).

It would have rocked pretty fierce if they had saws as weapons.

But they would have probably just done the chainsaw-bayonet thing from that one game. I forget what it was called.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2010, 06:45:59 pm »

I was really disappointed in the Ripper of FO3, though. That shit's not a chainsaw, it's a goddamn chainSWORD! Use it that way!
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2010, 06:47:29 pm »

Yeah, the ripper sucked.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2010, 06:56:27 pm »

for the idiots about the weapons, most weapons in the fallout universe came from government labatories or bases so there would have been caches lying all over the map, vault 15 for example had a weapons cache as part of the vault experiment. for the chinese rifles, the chinese did invade the united states during the war and occupied san francisco so their weapons would be here too lying around traded off. i have no objection to the m16, most of the military would have it and its easy to repair.

Reality doesn't matter. What matters is the presentation of the game to the player. You see this retro-futurism / raygun gothic / post-apoc thing. If you saw an ipod it would break immersion. Same with the m16. You want an m16, apply a fan mod. You want an expansion that cleaves true to the setting we've been playing with since Wasteland, you get a BAN-MAL or whatever they wanna call an assault rifle.
's not an x-pak, mon. It's an entire new game. And FO3 kinda threw that setting right out the window after lighting it on fire.

Oh, like Fallout: Tactics?
Your thinking of Brotherhood of Steel, which sucked more ass than Fallout 3, I'll admit. But didn't go quite to the level that Fallout 3 did in butchering of the setting. The problem is that most gamers didn't play fallout 1/2 first, and don't realize what havens of good writing, good story, and how many choices the games give you.

You also disregard the fact that fallout 3 completely butchers canon on a FANFICTION level. Enclave are supposed to be dead, ghouls aren't supposed to be just Rad mutants, but are supposed to be form by FEV or exposure to massive amounts of radiation. FEV was only supposed to be in Mariposa or in the hands of the enclave who got it from Mariposa, the world or at least the US was supposed to be nearly completely leveled but for a VERY few small pockets, how did Moira survive the heat wave that went out after the bomb, I could go on.

When I play it, it's like someone is sitting there shouting something at me, it goes something like this. "SEE SEE IT"S MY FALLOUT SEE SEE I MADE IT SEE SEE IT HAS ENCLAVE AND BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL AND SUPER MUTANTS AND NUKES AND FIFTIES STUFF AND EXPLOSIONS AND IT SUPER DUPER FUN SEE SEE I LIKE MY FALLOUT YOU SHOULD TOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!eleventy11!!!" When they fail to realize they resort to actual necromancy, or complete rape of certain factions purposes. Most of the plot is recycled elements from the previous Fallout's, that were done much better in the previous ones. The writing is complete shit, bar a very few lines. The combat is too easy, unless you are a complete retard.

And I am done now.

EDITED because I made a flub as I wrote that.

So ignore the story and enjoy the gameplay? That's what I did. Its a Bethesda game, how are you expecting good writing?
seconded, last game with good storyline from Bethesda was Daggerfall.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2010, 07:24:15 pm »

I think you'll be happy. The super muties in FO3 were similar, still packing over 200 hp (the player can get around 280 if you really try to max it out, and they come in packs of 4-6) and carrying miniguns that can cut you in half (through power armor) in a few seconds if you can't afford to bring similar firepower.

spoiler
DO WANT.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 128