Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212293 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1035 on: May 02, 2011, 07:13:39 am »

If you want someone to use to gauss, arcade and veronica can do it.  The other dont have energy..

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 02, 2011, 07:15:59 am »

Veronica+Power Armor= AWESOME

That's all I can say on the matter.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 02, 2011, 07:42:54 am »

Yes, I used to have Veronica with power armor but I needed to kill the BOS. It was surprisingly easy to kill them though, I even told boone to wait because I forget to give him armour.
Thx for telling me the Gauss is energy, I'll just give him another weapon, the AMR is mine :P.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 02, 2011, 08:16:45 am »

Really, the worst problem is ammo. Normally, i choose my companion to use a high powered gun that use the ammo i dont. I can say that me with YCS and boone with antimaterial were hunting deathclaws for the fun of it. Ed-E laser were jsut icing on the cake

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 02, 2011, 08:23:45 am »

Is there any reason to play Fallout : New Vegas, or is it exactly like Fallout 3, just with other plot?

And most important : Are the enemies level scaled? (i hope NOT, level scaling kills games for me)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 02, 2011, 08:33:23 am »

Is there any reason to play Fallout : New Vegas, or is it exactly like Fallout 3, just with other plot?

And most important : Are the enemies level scaled? (i hope NOT, level scaling kills games for me)
Enemies are less level-scaled from what I've seen. Deathclaws will rip your head off in the beginning, as will cazadors. Especially cazadors.

The stats system is somewhat altered compared to FO3 (probably most notably due to damage thresholds), there's more weapons, the writing is much better and the plot is branching with multiple endings (and not just due to a last minute decision).

On the other hand, the combat system is still the same and it's rather meh. Unless you liked it in FO3, that is.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 02, 2011, 08:35:27 am »

The combat system was ok-ish. I liked the exploration part the most

What i didn't like in Fallout 3 was :
- With broken steel every mutant you meet after level 8 is an overlord, that takes half a billion head shots to kill
- Why can't i tell the ghoul or the mutant to go into that irradiated chamber!? Nobody would have to DIE.
- Sniper rifle breaks in 10 shots? The **** !? One has to carry twenty of them into the wilderness
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 02, 2011, 08:52:20 am »

About your dislike:

-There are afaik 2 places in New Vegas with super mutants, the first one you'll never come except for a quest and the second one has friendly mutants with Markus from Fallout 2.
From a certain level you do get NCR guys with salvaged power Armour instead of the normal guys but that's like 30% of them I guess, and only the spawned ones, not the ones that are in their camps anyways.*
-Why didn't you just told the chock to do it? It's not like she did anything for you >.> (or did she?)
-I've had 1 gun malfunctioning in the past 5 (character) levels  so I think you'll need to repair stuff lessin New Vegas.

The only thing I liked more in Fallout 3 is the story. You really want to know what happened to your dad. In New Vegas I really didn't care who buried me alive because I only started playing when I woke up. The way the story is implemented in the game however is a lot better in New Vegas. in Fallout3 I finished the story in no time (no expansions though).

There are also factions and they can hate or like you (most of them seem to hate me...). There is still karma but that is kinda broken, I've slaughtered a lot of innocent people and I work for the legion but because I once farmed Fiends (junkies) for their weapons it seems like I''m always a good guy karma-wise.

*And in most games you probably don;t have to worry about NCR guys because they actually are the good guys, I'm still in my foist play through so I do not know what happens if you are nice to the NCR.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 02, 2011, 08:59:13 am »

- With broken steel every mutant you meet after level 8 is an overlord, that takes half a billion head shots to kill
- Why can't i tell the ghoul or the mutant to go into that irradiated chamber!? Nobody would have to DIE.
- Sniper rifle breaks in 10 shots? The **** !? One has to carry twenty of them into the wilderness
Well, there aren't any behemoths or overlords anymore. On the other hand, there definately are highly durable enemies. This particularly being due to damage thresholds, as certain amounts of damage just don't get past certain armour classes, and this often includes the hides of certain enemy types. So this will be particularly true for deathclaws, cazadors and radscorpions unless you throw in a mod or something.

There are 4 possible ways towards an ending - siding with the NCR, the Legion, Mr. House or just doing it yourself (with the help of someone you meet along the way). And none of them have any plot points where you have to sacrifice yourself or any of your companions.

I think things break down much slower in NV, but that might just be me. However, I'm pretty sure it's easier to repair since equipment types don't have to be as exact as they did in FO3. And then there's also the jury-rigging perk, which allows you to repair equipment using even less related equipment. I found finding ammo to be much more of a problem than weapon condition.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 02, 2011, 09:27:54 am »

I thought you could send in the mutant in broken steel. Or I must be misremembering it.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 02, 2011, 09:38:11 am »

You could send in the mutant in Broken Steel. In fact, that was the entire point of the DLC.

Any way, New Vegas is almost a completely different game. Not quite, but almost. enough things have been changed, particularly when it comes to Hard-Core mode, that it's worth it.
!!&!!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 02, 2011, 10:31:54 am »

e
Jury rigging means you wont have to worry too much about repairing, or you can take raoul, and you should be able to shoot a hundred or so time before it get battered. The new anti material rifle is a thing of beauty, too.

As said before, Cazordor and deathclaw (giant radscorpions somewhat also) are not randomised, means that normally you wont encounter them before you are ready to deal with them. Just be mindfull at the start. They say dont go north due to deathclaw. They god damn mean it. We are back to the old deathclaws. In Fallout 3, a few good headshot with ol painless or Lincoln and you were golden. Now if you dont bring heavy ordinance(AMR, i love you) you will get killed. Hard

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 02, 2011, 11:04:39 am »

Just finished the game, and I must say the ending is much more rewarding than the end in Fallout3 (without mods or DLC). You still cannot play further but in Fallout3 you hear maybe 3 things that happened but in New Vegas every faction and companion tells what happens to to them.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 02, 2011, 11:22:11 am »

Just finished the game, and I must say the ending is much more rewarding than the end in Fallout3 (without mods or DLC). You still cannot play further but in Fallout3 you hear maybe 3 things that happened but in New Vegas every faction and companion tells what happens to to them.

Because that's the way the series were before FO3 and should be. It's like a book - you've read it, and you're done.e

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 02, 2011, 11:28:30 am »

Because that's the way the series were before FO3 and should be. It's like a book - you've read it, and you're done.e
Actually, you could go on in FO2. It's just that the consequences of your action weren't there, so it made it weird.

And I don't think the wasteland would be all that interesting with one major faction in power and others gone.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 128