Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212312 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1020 on: May 02, 2011, 03:39:08 am »

maybe in the older fallout's. but in New Vegas it says right on character creation, that it affects accuracy, and trust me it does.  You can't hit shit all with 1 perception.

I built with 9 or 10 luck and 9 or 10 perception (been a while), and sacrificed everything else equally.  Managed to squeak myself into powered armor and meet the strength requirement for the gauss rifle (I think I had to use an implant ?).  The rest is gravy.  If the dot is on the target when I pull the trigger, it dies.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 02, 2011, 04:34:27 am »

I used to have Veronica as sidekick but I need to kill the BOS bunker for the almighty Caesar. Anyone knows another companion? I've seen a mechanic ghoul somewhere and a transsexual super mutant but I don't really want one of them >.>

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 02, 2011, 04:36:11 am »

You can convince Caesar that the Brotherhood pose no threat.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 02, 2011, 04:47:00 am »

Ok, I'll try that than, someone else said it was impossible to do that.

EDIT: Convincing him to not destroy them? you mean convincing him to destroy me >.>
EDITEDIT: I guess I can't fail another quest of him because I also failed to make a alignment with the cannibal restaurant people.
I already killed the BOS leader a while back ago anyway, because I wanted the Gauss Rifle one of his guards was carrying. But when I tried to kill more (actually, Veronica killed them) Veronica didn't want to be my companion anymore.
EDITEDITEDIT: Where can I find boone? Afew pages back someone was worshiping his awesomeness so I guess he's pretty good
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:57:56 am by Dutchling »

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 02, 2011, 05:14:43 am »

EDIT: Convincing him to not destroy them? you mean convincing him to destroy me >.>
EDITEDIT: I guess I can't fail another quest of him because I also failed to make a alignment with the cannibal restaurant people.
I already killed the BOS leader a while back ago anyway, because I wanted the Gauss Rifle one of his guards was carrying. But when I tried to kill more (actually, Veronica killed them) Veronica didn't want to be my companion anymore.
EDITEDITEDIT: Where can I find boone? Afew pages back someone was worshiping his awesomeness so I guess he's pretty good

Super mutants will only be transexual if the original human was transexual. Lily was a grandmother before being turned into a super mutant.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 02, 2011, 05:19:42 am »

Boone's in Novac. He won't join you because you need to be in good relation with the NCR. And he *HATES* the Legion.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 02, 2011, 05:24:05 am »

Oh Boone is the Sniper I helped earlier in the game. I had an option for him to join me than but I decided not to do that, although I have no idea why not...
He told me he was leaving town so do you know where he went?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 02, 2011, 05:28:00 am »

I'm pretty sure he's removed from the game.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 02, 2011, 05:30:30 am »

He was still there...
I asked him to join me and after doing a INT6 conversation thing he joined me. Probably because I'm shunned by the legion. I do quests for them but I also like following NCR patrols in NCR armor and kill some legion. My karma is also way higher than it should be because of the countless Fiends I've killed to get some cash to buy weapons.
Seems like I have a nice companion with me to kill some BOS people.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 02, 2011, 05:32:05 am »

If you kill NCR with him, he'll likely say "Hey, don't kill anymore NCR or I'll kill you"

Oh, if you take him to the Legion island, something fun happens. It's really gory.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 02, 2011, 06:45:42 am »

Yewah, think i gave you false info on the Broterhood, Dutch, sorry. Boone Is awesome since he is somewhat bugged. His gun skill is not limited to 100 like you (he was a sniper after all) so he pretty much never misses. Give him an AMR, enough bullets and he'll take care of the head of about anything.Also, may as well list companions, in case

You can have 1 human et 1 non human companion

Human:
Boon, NCR sniper, found in novac. Gun and Stealh skills
Cass, Caravan  Cowboy, found in mojave outpost. Shotgun and knife
Veornica, BOS initiate, Fount at 187 trading outpost, Unarmed
Raoul the vaquero ghoul, Mexican ghoul gunslinger and mecanic. Found on death mountain,  Pistol master
Arcade Gannon, Doc for the followers.  Found at mormon fort, energy weapons and medecine.
Lily : Granmother turned supermutant. Found at the resort (forgot exact name). Melee weapon masteress

Non human :
Ed-E, Modified enclave eyebot. Repaired in Pratt. Very good energy beams
Rex, Cyberdog, Found with The King, Unarmed attaquer

Should be about that. Each one can gain stats by doing a perosnnal quest. Most of the time, you have 2 choices, and they will change the ending for the caracter. Hope that helps

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 02, 2011, 06:51:38 am »

I wub Veronica, but Boone's also awesome.

As for non-humans, ED-E all the fuckin' way, man.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 02, 2011, 06:59:39 am »

I gave Boone a Gauss rifle and enough ammo and he constantly misses, is it an energy weapon or is Boone just a pathrtic sniper? I'd give him the AMT if i didn't need it myself and I don't have enough ammo for the both of us.
I went to Caesar and some dude told me he was in coma.. So I went to him and it gave me an option to perform surgery but it needed 75 medicine skill. so I was like: ''what could go wrong of you don't have the skill? Brain surgery can't be that hard.''

Turned out it was and Caesar is dead. But thanks to my speech the legion doesn't care >.>
Speech is my favorite skill :P

You are right about Boone's NCR hate. He told me that he wanted to part ways but I told him I'm not going to kill anymore NCR so he stayed. I've send him to the lucky 38 for now. I'll see if Veronica is still there too, if she is I certainly want her back. She can wear power armor and Boone not because I only have NCR and BOS power armor and he cant't wear their factions armor.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 02, 2011, 07:07:55 am »

Dude, Gauss Rifle uses the energy weapons skill.

Give him an AMR, he will fuckin' own.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 02, 2011, 07:11:47 am »

I wub Veronica, but Boone's also awesome.

As for non-humans, ED-E all the fuckin' way, man.

That. If you upgrade him
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, he became about the best energy weapon platform in the game, capable of taking alone anything but deathclaw adn cazadores ( but no follower can take them easily anyway)
As for usefullness all followers are usefull to some degree, compared to Fallout 3. The one i use the less are lily and Rex. They both strike extremley hard, but they can get in the way of shots, and i prefer not to have the enemy close, and dealing with a pack of cazadores is more of a pain with them.

Edit. If you want a good companion with the gauss, get arcade.
Cass is okay, but nothing truly special.
Raoul is surprisingly effective with a good colt, and he keep your stuff repaired, meaning nmore caps in your pockets and bullet in your enemies
Arcade is the best shot with energy weapon you can get, and if you dont use the YCS hell do wonder with it.
Veronica is the most solid melee, especially if you do her quest fast and get yourself some power suit
Boone is awesome and anyone that say otherwise is stupid and also ugly. He can snipe anyting, and sneak with the best.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 128