Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Drink Stockpile (solved)  (Read 490 times)

Soy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Drink Stockpile (solved)
« on: May 15, 2010, 07:29:27 pm »

I hate to start a new topic, but I have been unable to find this issue on the forums or the bug tracker.

I seem to be having a problem with setting up a booze stockpile, though it may just be an issue with custom stockpiles. If I create a custom stockpile, enable food, and forbid everything but "Drink (Plant)" my dwarves will refuse to haul anything to it.

If I designate a default food pile it will happily accept everything as normal.

If I designate a default food pile, and disallow everything except "Drink (Plant)", it seems that it will happily accept only booze as I expect it to.

Has anyone else run in to this issue? Is anyone able to confirm that this is, in fact, a bug?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 09:08:04 pm by Soy »

Rallion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drink Stockpile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 07:33:25 pm »

This probably has to do with the max barrels allowable for the stockpile. Only food stockpiles allow barrels by default. No barrels? No drink.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 07:58:13 pm »

I've never had barrel problems with food/drink stockpiles. However, sometimes your dwarves take all week to figure out that stuff actually needs to be moved from point A to B.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Soy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 09:06:14 pm »

This probably has to do with the max barrels allowable for the stockpile. Only food stockpiles allow barrels by default. No barrels? No drink.

This was the issue, apparently I never realized before that the max barrels defaulted to 0 for a custom stockpile.

Thanks for the help! :)