Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 444036 times)

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.6
« Reply #540 on: August 11, 2012, 07:14:06 pm »

is it possible to make a world bigger than 257x 257?

Nope, pretty sure that limit is hard-coded in.

Also, how can I make "flat" volcanoes (ones that don't cause Extreme cliffs EVERYWHERE)?
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 01, 2012, 08:02:22 am »

Great tool, I really love it!

But I got one problem, I generated a Map I really like but I only get 1-2 dwarven civs with only one mountain hall, which would cause problems with migration waves I guess.

Can anyone tell me what I have to take care of to get bigger dwarven civs? Thanks!

dominusnovus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 02, 2012, 07:28:48 pm »

I'm sure I'm asking something thats already been asked before, but I'm trying to create a world where there are lots of volcanoes in the highlands, but not mountainous regions (and especially not in the middle of the ocean).  Tips?  I've been playing around with the cusp settings, but it seems that its hard to narrow in on that elevation without permitting mountainous or ocean volcanoes.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 05, 2012, 09:34:39 am »

Great tool, I really love it!

But I got one problem, I generated a Map I really like but I only get 1-2 dwarven civs with only one mountain hall, which would cause problems with migration waves I guess.

Can anyone tell me what I have to take care of to get bigger dwarven civs? Thanks!

Dwarves need neutral non-savage mountain ranges. Make sure you have plenty of mountains in the non-savage zones.

I'm sure I'm asking something thats already been asked before, but I'm trying to create a world where there are lots of volcanoes in the highlands, but not mountainous regions (and especially not in the middle of the ocean).  Tips?  I've been playing around with the cusp settings, but it seems that its hard to narrow in on that elevation without permitting mountainous or ocean volcanoes.

I usually try to put my volcano cusp right near the altitude where mountain meets non-mountain. Is that what you mean? Also, the lower cusp controls whether volcanoes come up from under the sea. You should be able to bottom that out.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 16, 2012, 05:28:21 pm »

This keeps crashing when I use it, is that normal?

edit: It happens when I try to modify any default values.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 05:38:21 pm by Blue_Dwarf »
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 18, 2012, 08:34:31 am »

Can you give me the exact error message upon crashing?
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 25, 2012, 06:49:08 pm »

Do I replace the WorldGen with PerfectDF or just add the new one?

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 26, 2012, 06:07:27 am »

Can you give me the exact error message upon crashing?

I think it solved itself, because I can't recreate it anymore. Sorry for the trouble.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 19, 2012, 02:40:44 pm »

Hi is there any guide with depth on how to actually use perfect world? i mean i see guides where they show you how to gen a map and thats it. none of them show me how to make my own type of land mass how to make rivers (if you can) how to make volcanoes appear where i want them and such. I really just want to make the map look the way i want it too and i have seen people make australia and america almost exactly like real life.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 19, 2012, 03:30:38 pm »

Hi is there any guide with depth on how to actually use perfect world? i mean i see guides where they show you how to gen a map and thats it. none of them show me how to make my own type of land mass how to make rivers (if you can) how to make volcanoes appear where i want them and such. I really just want to make the map look the way i want it too and i have seen people make australia and america almost exactly like real life.

I don't think there is one big manual but I can answer some of your questions.

You can't manually place rivers and won't be able to until Toady decides to make that possible within DF itself. River sources are placed randomly during world gen and the rivers find their own way downhill. They do follow the lay of the land which is why you'll often see rivers in roughly the correct places when real life height maps are used.

As for volcanoes Jeoshua figured out how to place them. It's fairly hackish but looks like it works well enough.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 19, 2012, 05:31:54 pm »

Oh ok. Is there a way to make water inland through elevation? using the brush covers the water or is it hard coded that water can only be on the E,W,N,S and inland?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 20, 2012, 02:43:53 am »

water will always be on any elevation that's below sea level, but it can also form in lakes where it feels like.

Bot Hack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 03, 2013, 09:34:36 pm »

Dear cephalo, great sire! I would like to present my map, The Planets of Enchanting, I think you must agree, it is quite fantastic!

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7279

I hope you may edit the front topic page to include a list of DFFD map downloads that are quite marvelous or unique.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 10, 2013, 03:44:40 pm »

Just uploaded a Middle Earth parameter set I made a few months ago on DFFD.

Picture here.

Thanks for the great tool!  :)

AnnanFay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 29, 2013, 09:55:03 am »

Been a while since playing DF and just getting interested again.

Is it possible to load a biome / land-type map into PW?

I can't remember if this is possible. Tried searching and couldn't find any posts about it.

I found this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54