Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 443940 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility
« Reply #390 on: May 25, 2011, 02:44:38 pm »

They can be added in via DF's advance worldgen settings, too; it's not necessary to go into the text file itself.

santheocles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 25, 2011, 04:20:05 pm »

True, of course... but I tend to forget that. ;-) So I'd rather do it once and can then regen at my leisure.

Elone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 26, 2011, 04:17:10 pm »

Also, to which side should I be setting the sliders if I want very low volcanism? I want to generate more sedimentary stone to increase the odds of finding sites with iron and coal, and I assumed that meant putting the volcanism sliders to the right ("tiles *above* this value will be igneous extrusive blah blah") but then I saw this and am second guessing myself:

With vulcanism at 100, you shouldn't find any sedementary rock layers which is where many important materials are found, like flux. If you do find sedementary rock at that setting, then just ignore me because I have no clue how it all works. :)

For sedimentary layer, try getting low and smooth areas. Preferably, you will nudge the forest areas towards the middle, so that they end up in Warm climates. You create forests by creating a body of water, a smooth area, and blowing wind from the water to the area, so that it carries rainfall with along. I dont remember if too much creates swamps though, or if something else creates them. Let me know if this works for any of you.
▼ It's all their fault. ▼

nenico87

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2011, 05:22:10 pm »

i try to make world template, i try 10 times to generate world, but i always end with all dwarfs civilizations dead :(
what i am doing wrong?

here is lines from world_gen.txt
http://pastebin.com/FbD1bxQH

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 14, 2011, 02:39:21 am »

With the new version of DF, how are we going to use this?

For now, you have to add any new world gen tags by hand. I'm going to make a new version pretty soon, but right now I'm in the middle of a gigantic fort project.

Any update on the prospects of a new update?  ???

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 14, 2011, 04:10:19 pm »

This going to sound really newbish, but it's been just under a year since I was last into DF and I honestly can't remember how to fully use this, I seem to remember there being an 'easy guide' for this but I can't find it in the first post.
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

Joelz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 16, 2011, 08:20:02 am »

This going to sound really newbish, but it's been just under a year since I was last into DF and I honestly can't remember how to fully use this, I seem to remember there being an 'easy guide' for this but I can't find it in the first post.

There's a manual with a quick start guide included in the zip. Maybe you were looking for that?

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 20, 2011, 01:18:30 pm »

With the new version of DF, how are we going to use this?

For now, you have to add any new world gen tags by hand. I'm going to make a new version pretty soon, but right now I'm in the middle of a gigantic fort project.

Any update on the prospects of a new update?  ???

So far I've gotten my queen to take a lover, but she needs an heir to continue the story arc for the fort. Sorry its taking so long.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 20, 2011, 02:47:32 pm »

Has the OP been able to get the program to work with current worldgen?

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 20, 2011, 03:02:19 pm »

Has the OP been able to get the program to work with current worldgen?

Yes, my current world was generated with PWDF and 31.25. You have to add the night creatures and something else I can't remember.

My latest forts:

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 22, 2011, 09:46:01 pm »

How do you use this? Run DF, then PWDF?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 23, 2011, 01:49:18 am »

run this, import your world_gen.txt file, type something into the drop-down menu to create a new worldgen parameter on the first tab and check all the boxes for elevation, moisture--any and all maps you want to be included in your new world.  then build the world using the paintbrush and whatnot.  when you're done, export the settings.  finally, open df, go to "design new world with advanced parameters" and pick whatever you created in PerfectWorld.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 23, 2011, 11:45:24 am »

Ok, my current fort is gonna have to be on cruise control while I wait for certain things to happen. So in the meantime I am going be thinking about a proper update to PWDF. I'm going to use XML to map the DF file format to the interface, which will make the app alot more version independent. I need to research a bit to see what my options are for that. I've use XML in the past on other projects, but I did it in a very fragile, bare bones, error prone way. I'd like to do it properly this time and maybe even use a schema. In the XML I'm going to put an tooltip field to describe the various parameters in detail, to help new people learn what all that stuff does exactly.

I'm going to add a temperature map, even though we can't really control that I guess we can try. I'm also going to add import and export of images from all of the maps not just elevation.

In the current version, is there anything you guys find confusing that could be made more clear? Do you find yourselves making mistakes that end up costing you alot of time?

My latest forts:

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 23, 2011, 09:06:28 pm »

run this, import your world_gen.txt file, type something into the drop-down menu to create a new worldgen parameter on the first tab and check all the boxes for elevation, moisture--any and all maps you want to be included in your new world.  then build the world using the paintbrush and whatnot.  when you're done, export the settings.  finally, open df, go to "design new world with advanced parameters" and pick whatever you created in PerfectWorld.
Uh...Okay, how do you make a new parameter set?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 24, 2011, 08:16:22 am »

Uh...Okay, how do you make a new parameter set?

Just type a new name in the param set name field and tab out of it. That will make a copy of the one you were previously looking at.

My latest forts:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54