Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 54

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 443911 times)

ChokingVictim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2010, 01:47:55 pm »

it won't let me export the pregenerated middle earth map,it says it is being used by another program.  no other program is using it.  I saved it first then checked all of the check-marks.  wat do?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2010, 02:21:13 pm »

Huh? You open up Dwarf Fortress and then go to legends mode. There's a whole list of map export options.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2010, 03:33:32 pm »

it won't let me export the pregenerated middle earth map,it says it is being used by another program.  no other program is using it.  I saved it first then checked all of the check-marks.  wat do?

When you say 'export' you mean the world_gen.txt file correct? If DF has the file open it might not let you write to that file. Also, make sure you actually import the world_gen.txt file first, then select or create a param set, then check the boxes, then export.

EDIT: Yeah, if you try to export before importing, then you'll get a bogus message about the file being in use that really just means that the file could not be saved. In this case it's really because there is no file yet. First you have to import the world_gen.txt file.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:36:29 pm by cephalo »
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2010, 05:50:29 am »

oh nevermind.. I was talking about it in another thread a while back.. I meant every single square in the world, exported to a height map, not just the basic generalisation that legends exports.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2010, 09:51:28 am »

oh nevermind.. I was talking about it in another thread a while back.. I meant every single square in the world, exported to a height map, not just the basic generalisation that legends exports.

Do you have any idea how large that image would be?

ChokingVictim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2010, 11:11:04 am »

I got my Middle Earth map up and running!  Wow thanks a lot guys I'm very ecstatic toplay htis.  Now if only we could get a tolkein conversion mod going to compliment the map... :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 11:28:29 am by ChokingVictim »

Turambar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2010, 12:40:52 pm »

we already have dwarves, elves, men, and goblins.

glad to see someone enjoying my work on cephalo's work  :D

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2010, 01:49:11 pm »

I know how large it would be, yeah :)

But it doesn't mean it's not possible.  A sequence of images would be easier, and more failsafe.  Then you can stitch together whichever images you want at the end..

or if there was some way to properly reverse the process, you could have an outside program to designate an area on the map to export.. that'd be perfect!

just dreams, that all  :) 

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2010, 08:16:12 pm »

Bump? <.<
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2010, 11:27:11 pm »

"What's this?" I thought. "An update to the PerfectWorld DF world creator utility? Could this be the elusive temperature control?"
Alas, I was dissapointed.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2010, 07:43:38 am »

"What's this?" I thought. "An update to the PerfectWorld DF world creator utility? Could this be the elusive temperature control?"

We'll have to wait until Toady One opens that up. I did alot of experimentation with that and pretty much anything you do gets overwritten. I think he's not real happy with some utilities of late, I don't wanna push him on that.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2010, 03:57:18 pm »

Now I can freeze the world and shove all the civilizations in a small area!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2010, 06:05:09 pm »

We'll have to wait until Toady One opens that up. I did alot of experimentation with that and pretty much anything you do gets overwritten. I think he's not real happy with some utilities of late, I don't wanna push him on that.

This thread does contain quite a bit of bashing earlier on, so I don't think it's a good home for a new long-term interface discussion up on the front page.  You can feel free to cross-post into a new thread here if you like.  I've also been receiving a bit of email regarding other projects etc.  I'd just as soon let this thread drift off for that reason as well -- I'm not starting a crackdown or anything, and this thread seems to be giving off that impression to newly arriving readers.
-Toady

I guess he isn't really against utilities, but just against a certain troll who did some problematic things around the forums, drop toady a PM maybe and he might squeeze some adjustments to the temperature stuff if it is not overly complex on the next update maybe, who knows...
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2010, 06:13:05 pm »

Well, I wanted to respond to the whole utilities and clone thing. However the thread being closed, it'd probably just be best to drop it.

I respect Toady and his work. How one could try to talk down to someone who's done so much, I have no idea. Then again the evil in the world will always be impressive.

Anyways, keep up the good work on the utility.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2010, 01:02:44 am »

I just checked, and we can paint the basic temperature noise in DF. If the temperature gradient has any effect in painted worlds, it'll just add on top of the custom paint.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 54