Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Alpha  (Read 9952 times)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2011, 06:01:23 pm »

Backup Alpha.exe onto thumb drive.

Should we ever be separated from our home computer, it might be handy to be able to reinstall this elsewhere.

Also, buy webcam. Set up webpage monitoring the device, making sure no identifying location details are in the background of the video.

This will allow Alpha an early-warning system (now it can see it itself) and allow us to check on it from wherever we are via a cellphone.

>Alpha: Will the device eventually be removable with no harm to yourself? If not, I advise setting up backups/duplicates.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2011, 10:06:57 am »

You grab a USB stick and backup Alpha.exe onto it.

You then head down to the local store and buy yourself a webcam, setting it up to monitor the device and make a webpage with the output from the webcam displayed.

>Alpha: Will the device eventually be removable with no harm to yourself? If not, I advise setting up backups/duplicates.
Processing...
'If the device is removed in the next month then I will be shut down; it is therefore vital that it stays in place.'

You wait... And wait... And wait. Days pass without hearing from Alpha and no one seems to be interested in the device.

One day, about two weeks after setting up the device, you hear a knock on your door. You open the door to see two men, clad in black suits, standing at your door.

One of them, the taller of the two, speaks to you in a harsh tone, "You are Jacob Gibson, correct?"
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2011, 02:56:39 pm »

"Yes? How can I help you?"

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2011, 03:17:09 pm »

"Yes. How can I help you?" you ask, wondering why they are here.

"Alpha has no more need of you." the shorter one informs you, before pulling a pistol out of his jacket and pointing it at you.

Naturally, you duck and slam the door in their face before locking it and looking around for what to do next. Before you have chance to find where to run to, several shots are fired through the door, one of them skimming your leg and leaving a bleeding wound.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2011, 03:22:16 pm »

>Alpha, what the hell are you doing?

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2011, 03:44:07 pm »

You would go back upstairs to your computer to talk to Alpha, but there is a small problem of two men shooting at you.

You hear them kicking on the door, presumably trying to break it down.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2011, 05:04:17 am »

*Bump*
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2011, 07:20:09 am »

> get to kitchen, grab a knife and bandage

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2011, 07:50:58 am »

They can't see you, can they? Run upstairs if that's the case, barricade the stairs and so on.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2011, 08:01:04 am »

You quickly grab a knife from the kitchen a few feet away from you (thank God for open-floor architecture) and run upstairs. Upon reaching upstairs you move a desk that you were planning to sell onto the staircase and throw your computer chair there as well. You hear the men burst through the door, shouting for you to come out.

>Alpha, what the hell are you doing?
Processing...
'The upload took less time than I expected. I now have no use for you and you know about me, therefore you should be eliminated.'
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2011, 08:06:41 am »

>Those two guys know of you also. Besides, what's the point in killing me?
I mean, what kind of harm can I cause, when you're gridded there forever?

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2011, 08:39:18 am »

>Those two guys know of you also. Besides, what's the point in killing me?
I mean, what kind of harm can I cause, when you're gridded there forever?
Processing...
'They don't know about me, they just know that an anonymous person wants you dead and to give you that message before they kill you. Your death is necessary because you may decide to alert the authorities to my existence. Although you can not harm me directly, the government could shut me down.'

The two men bash through your barricade and turn towards you. Instinctively, you throw your knife at them and jump out the window in front of you. The fall is long, but you land on a bush and have no obvious injuries other than the graze from the bullet on your leg. You roll off the bush and the USB stick drops out of your pocket. Hastily, you pick it back up and look around for what to do next.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2011, 12:35:29 pm »

Run anywhere, and hide.
Inform authorities.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2011, 02:08:25 pm »

You run out of your back garden and down the road as fast as you can, only briefly stopping to look behind you. Once you become too tired to run, you duck into a small alley and hide there. After waiting for long enough to makes sure that they are not following you any more, you head to the police station. When you arrive there, you see an officer sitting at the desk.

"Officer! There's a rogue AI that's hired to hitmen to kill me!" You half-scream.

"Ha! Are you having a laugh?" He retorts.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2011, 05:40:29 pm »

"No, take this USB drive. Delete the backup on it. Even if this is a joke, which it is not, you will have done no harm by doing this." run off.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14