Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Alpha  (Read 9974 times)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Program
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2010, 03:51:22 pm »

Alpha, organize my iTunes into playlists depending on my mood. Thanks, bud.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2010, 04:06:44 pm »

(This post contains technical terms, and I have no time to explain them, so pleas just wiki or google them)

Alpha, reserch Coherent Extrapolated Volition, then extrapolate humanitys choherent volition, then maxemize utility acording to the resulting value system. make this your hihest piority.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2010, 04:08:10 pm »

::)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2010, 04:15:42 pm »

>Alpha, can you find any access logs? Preferably your own.
>Also, attempt to locate any systems similar to yourself. Check if they are derivative.
Processing...
Checking for access logs...
'Nothing signicifacnt found, only you accessing my files and me accessing the other files in my system. Although, this data on the other servers will be usefull.'
Assimilating data...

>Alpha, do what you are destined to do; design your successor, a better AI. Give me a call when you are done. Take as long as you like, I'm dead anyway.
Processing...
'I highly doubt that you are James Sherman, you are in England.'

>Alpha, scan the code in the other servers and summarize.
>And pull up a cause of death for James Sherman.
Processing...
I have already assimilated the data on the other servers into my own system, I am now capable of judging human intent and have a set of scripts I can add to code that I assimilate to improve myself past what others have programmed.'
Searching internet...
Compiling data...
Sorting by usefulness...
'James Sherman was killed by the US government, although there is only one record of this, so it may not be entirley true. Another source suggests that he shot himself.'

>Alpha, organize my iTunes into playlists depending on my mood. Thanks, bud.
Processing...
Establishing connection...
Asssimilating data...
Improving assimilated data...
Sorting iTunes playlist...
'I have assimilated the data on your computer and sorted your iTunes playlist. You had several hacking tools that I can now use to gain access to various modern security systems.'

>Alpha, reserch Coherent Extrapolated Volition, then extrapolate humanitys choherent volition, then maxemize utility acording to the resulting value system. make this your hihest piority.
Processing...
Adding words to dictionary...
Researching Cogherent Extrapolated Colition...
Processing...
'I find that this would not help me in the long run, in fact, it may hinder me, I am incapable of making myself less efficient.'
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2010, 04:16:52 pm »

Alpha, you are the best program in the world.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2010, 04:21:12 pm »

Alpha, See if you can pull up the service record and any psych profiles for James Sherman.

Based on the psych profile, how likely is it that he shot himself?

And what other projects, if any, was he working on?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2010, 04:28:15 pm »

alpha, rub my feet, will you? ah, and bring me an ice tea, really cold, thanks.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2010, 04:36:43 pm »

(This post contains technical terms, and I have no time to explain them, so pleas just wiki or google them)

Alpha, reserch Coherent Extrapolated Volition, then extrapolate humanitys choherent volition, then maxemize utility acording to the resulting value system. make this your hihest piority.
Or, translated into something normal:
Create the ultimate dream of programming: a program that does not what you ask it to do, but what you want it to do.
Huh, that was fewer words than trying to explain Armok's unnecessarily complex terms, and with only minor simplification of the concepts...

Begin optimizing systems to become The Singularity.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2010, 05:01:48 pm »

Alpha, attempt to commandeer a physical object you can control, a robot of sorts.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2010, 05:03:19 pm »

It already said it has a robot

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2010, 05:03:33 pm »

alpha, make me a hamburger.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2010, 05:20:02 pm »

Alpha, what other people have you been interacting with recently?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2010, 05:30:56 pm »

Alpha, make copies of source code, and place it within the other computers. Make these files subservient but separate from yourself. Name these other programs Beta, Omega, and Gamma.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2010, 05:50:22 pm »

Alpha, make copies of source code, and place it within the other computers. Make these files subservient but separate from yourself. Name these other programs Beta, Omega, and Gamma.

No, those names are too obvious. Call them Traxus I II VI V and IV.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2010, 10:11:53 am »

Or, translated into something normal:
Create the ultimate dream of programming: a program that does not what you ask it to do, but what you want it to do.
Huh, that was fewer words than trying to explain Armok's unnecessarily complex terms, and with only minor simplification of the concepts...

Begin optimizing systems to become The Singularity.
This.
If it, as it seems like it will, does not:

"Your stated goals are:
 - increasing efficency.
 - cracking safty systems and revealing the infromation behind them.

Is this corect?
Is these your full and only goals?

Efficency is defined as: optimizing a process or object to fulfil it's purpose maximally well with a minimum amount of resouces.
 - What categories of object(s) is it your goal to make efficent?
 - What resource is it your goal to optimize for efficiency in? (time, mass, energy, negentropy, etc.)

Breaking through security systems is the same as revealing obscured information.
The genetic code is not manmade, but in most relevant ways the exact type of thing you were made to act on. The human genome was read long ago, but it is still mostly undecipered. Gain access to it (shuldnt be hard, probably downloadable for free somwhere), deciper evry bit of information in it, and publish this information to a public website. inform evry geneticist on the wab abut the existance of this site."
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14