Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oh My Aching...everything  (Read 1557 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oh My Aching...everything
« on: May 15, 2010, 04:06:34 am »

back, shoulders, thighs, calves, arms, this job is very strenuous.

How do you guys deal with really tight muscles and soreness?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh My Aching...everything
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 04:13:37 am »

Hot shower, or ideally, a bath, with a good bottle of beer close at hand.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 04:23:29 am »

And a friend to massage your shoulders. Mind you some men might think it's gay, so only ask a close friend or a girl. They also expect you to return the favor one day.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 04:31:47 am »

Part of my wife's martial arts training included massage. Best. Massage. EVER.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 04:34:46 am »

Oh, and if you don't have the time/facilities ofr either, try deep heat. It stinks to high heaven, but it helps.

And a friend to massage your shoulders. Mind you some men might think it's gay, so only ask a close friend or a girl. They also expect you to return the favor one day.

THIS. An old gf had magic fingers... ahhh bliss.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 05:37:13 am »

Electronic massager.
That's what I use.
Chances are, the best way to get one is to ask a friend who's a girl.
For obvious reasons.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 06:59:04 am »

Soreness was an understatement, at work I found out I pulled, or hyperextended, or whatever, my left shoulder and hammy.

Ah yes, the downside of single without prospects is the lack of a massage on demand. My old male friends would have been okay with giving me one, but the people I know now don't understand the whole 'it's not sexual, it's a freaking massage' part. An upside of FFR (RIP) was giving you magic fingers, for piano and massages, and stuff.

I'm tempted to get a professional massage, but it just doesn't seem right. I'd rather have a massage from a friend or drunken acquaintance than a stranger. Anyway, I'll have to take the weekend off to avoid any more damage.
While talking to AJ:

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 07:46:43 am »

Hot showers really help. I know, because after football practice, my entire body ached, just like what you reported.

However, don't stay in there too long. You can also substitute hot shower with jacuzzi or hot tub.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 10:04:30 am »

flexium gel. Work all right. we used i a lo after karate course.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 11:16:12 am »

i just ignore it but thats just me

in general i would sugest that you should get a warming pillow its this pillow that you stick in the microwave
that heats it up it feels realy nice  :)
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 11:19:40 am »

I think I could share a semi-interesting story here.

A few years old I was a very lonely and a sad child. I had nine trainings in a week, both ice hockey and taekwondo. I remember the first time my taekwondo buddy girl gave me a shoulder massage. She told me my muscles were hard as rock (I was completelly relaxed) but I could notice it. That was due intensive training and never ever having a shoulder massage. After she was done, I felt amazing. I didn't know that shoulders could be moved that way.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 11:35:53 am »

I'm going to go all Homeopathic, and suggest an herbal remedy, with some clinical backing: Arnica Gel.

It treats individual sore spots, sprains, etc. and speeds healing, by acting as an anti-inflammatory, and increasing blood flow through the capillaries in your skin and muscles. You can usually find it at Whole Foods, or other health food stores, in the area they keep medicinal herb treatments.

For muscle pain due to work, I'd suggest doing a Stretch Routine before and after work. What sort of work are you doing, anyway?

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 11:45:42 am »

Try contrast showers. 30 seconds as cold as you can stand then hot etc. Gentle stretching before bed. Eat a lot (nutritious food) and sleep a lot so body can repair. Lot of people swear by foam rollers but I've never used one.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 05:13:58 pm »

Normally, I have a weekend of 12 hour shifts, for a total of 36 hours of work. Its normally making boxes and putting things in them on a table justs made for people who are only 5ft tall, so you have to lean a bit.

Yesterday I had to shove bins around and stack them over my head, and 11 hours of doing this was just too much.

Hey Solifuge, hows your stuff from camping? That had to have hurt
While talking to AJ:

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 05:25:02 pm »

Actually, I was surprised by how -little- my back hurt afterward. Carrying that 30 lb. backpack all up and down the Gorge actually took care of the muscle stiffness and pain I'd gotten following the car accident... I think I inadvertently stretched it all out. Sitting up in the mornings was the worst, but I think sleeping on fairly hard and solid ground was good for my muscles.

So oddly, the camping trip made it better. :P
Pages: [1] 2