Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfish Creations of Awesomeness  (Read 732 times)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarfish Creations of Awesomeness
« on: May 14, 2010, 09:42:50 pm »

Everyone, if you've ever created/thought of some design that improves efficiency/looks cool/causes slow painful death, etc. please post it.

As for mine: I'm sure someone has probably thought of this before, but here it is:

Basically, its a giant statue, of a war dwarf of some sort. except its cast from raw obsidian. oh, and the whole thing is linked to supports like this:

|====|
|====|+|===========|+
|====|            S
    S                S

thats a warhammer btw. = are full blocks, | signifies the "end" of a block + is open space S are supports. The supports are linked to levers, and skilled positioning can make it crush just about anything: nobles,goblins, elves, nobles, nobles.

Suggested Locations: Trade Post(for when you REALLY cannot stand those merchants anymore) nobledwarf's quarters (this should be obvious) Front entrance (for siegers)

The main benefit of this is that you get a huge boost in room value if you smooth/engrave it, otherwise its just a cavein trap. plus it looks cool.

MEGADWARF BONUS: Make one in every single room, to kill any dwarf you want

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Dwarfish Creations of Awesomeness
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 09:48:55 pm »

Actually it won't improve room value since it is in on Z levels above. DF room designations are limited to one Z level only. And re-casting it sounds like obnoxious ammount of work :p
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 09:52:54 pm »

Actually it won't improve room value since it is in on Z levels above. DF room designations are limited to one Z level only. And re-casting it sounds like obnoxious ammount of work :p

It's a giant fucking hammer that drops on enemies like the hammer of Armok itself.

It's worth the work.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

blastrogath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 10:12:19 pm »

I'd build it of stone blocks for one reason: constructions deconstruct, so I can fill it with delicious magma.