Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's Play PBEM EFS, Escape from Earth Mod. Hey, we're starting again?  (Read 25462 times)

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play PBEM EFS, Escape from Earth Mod. Full, starting.
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2010, 09:21:35 am »

Ohh gods wow, from what I've read [Pages 1, 2, 8 - 12] this game is amazing.
It wouldn't be possible for me to join now, would it?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2010, 11:30:43 am »

Actually, I suggested removing the residency restriction for the first voting session on turn 20.

Hypothetical from the proposed rule:
If my Noble is ousted from the sceptor on turn 22, then reclaims another sceptor on turn 27, can I still vote on turn 30?
That'd be about right, I suppose. No restrictions for the first session(t20) is fine with me.

Ohh gods wow, from what I've read [Pages 1, 2, 8 - 12] this game is amazing.
It wouldn't be possible for me to join now, would it?
Tough, mate. You'll have to wait until somebody drops out. We'll be sure to contact you then.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2010, 12:34:46 pm »

What would the consequences be exactly if you didn't drop you're nobles and so on on byzantium, though?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2010, 01:36:23 pm »

You can't vote.

The game is programmed so that you have to have your noble on Byzantium on turn 20 in order to vote.  The proposal is just to extend that by three turns, and requires those three turns to be spent with the same sceptor.

As Il Palazzo pointed out earlier, this scenario is unique because all the sceptors are on Byzanitium anyways.  Since the significance of this has just sunken in for me, if other players want a more relaxed version of the rule, I would be agreeable.

I also echo Il Palazzo's sentiments that we really need Maniac to return in order to finalize the rule.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2010, 10:06:08 pm »

Turn 5 sent.  I like the proposed rule change for nobles.  I also like the idea of actually trying to hunt each other's nobles down.  Might I suggest a rule to facilitate this?

Spy ransoms:
Upon discovering an enemy spy, a player must offer a chance at ransom before attacking on the subsequent turn if ransom is declined.  The amount of ransom will be 200 firebirds.  If a spy is ransomed, it must move at full speed to a location specified by the player receiving the ransom and may not move from that location until picked up by a starship or location of the planet's palace changes hands.  A spy does not need to be offered ransom if it is located with combat units or if the spy's owner has more then 5 combat units on the planet (excluding assassins.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:14:19 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2010, 12:22:17 am »

I dunno about that spy ransom rule, I'll have to think about it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2010, 03:18:39 am »

I'm against such a rule. I'd leave the question of ransoming any eventual spies to the players involved, without any specific rules to constrain them.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2010, 11:07:40 am »

I agree with Il Palazzo, but maniac's terms seem reasonable.

Honestly, I would probably just shrug my shoulders and say, "just kill the spy, it's not worth 200 firebirds" :P

Or, I might disband the spy, move the resources away, and say, "What spy?  I just see a stack of electronics, you wouldn't STEAL my electronics, would you?"  ;D

I dunno about that spy ransom rule, I'll have to think about it.

Could you get me the turn before thinking about it?  ;D

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2010, 11:31:06 am »

Water worlds, they're everywhere. ;_;

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2010, 02:44:17 pm »

No one sent me the turn yet.

Ok, then send my snarky regards to whomever has the turn, lol.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2010, 04:11:59 pm »

Bishop Don Pedro looked resigned. As he gloomily stared upon another lifeless world they were passing, he felt his last bits of hope evaporate, and dissapear in the darkness of space. Slowly, he turned away from the screen and headed towards the dormitory. As he walked, he broodingly pondered the same old questions again: How many years has it been? How many dead planets have they seen? Whas there really some promised land out there, or maybe Padre el Palacio misinterpreted his revelations? And whose idea was it to go north anyway?
Slowly, in the space in his heart where hope used to live, a new fire begin to flicker. The flame of righteous fury, of holy hatred. He was furious at those mindless bugs, who drove him away from home. Furious at the nasty Vau, who - it seems - took all the habitable planets in the universe and then spoiled and polluted them so that it's not even feasible to try conquering them. He was furious at those heretic sects that actually found a place to live already.
Don Pedro smiled in his sleep, dreaming of his trusty flamethrower, and burning, and purging, and all the screaming heretics and aliens.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2010, 04:58:35 pm »

A comm beamed to all of the other houses ships, their bishops in their quarters-
"This is House Li Halan, we have discovered the first habitable planet in known existence, and simultaneously won the first defence against the symbiots. 956 humans died that day, but about 42 survived-And forced the symbiots surrender at a farm about 200 kilometers North East of Johannesburg, in South Africa. We invite the house of the Avestites to our planet, which will be sent through a private frequency."

The connection cut, and the comm officer wiped the frost off of his face in the comm room, 20 yards north of the new capitol of Humanity.

((Turn sent to EuchreJack.))

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2010, 05:12:14 pm »

Jolly good idea dear brother. I hope you'll provide us with a map, demarcating the zones for each of our glorious sects to inhabit.
Seeing how you'z a splendindly devout follower of the Faith, we might consider not burning you to cinders in the future.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2010, 05:37:25 pm »

"Although we agree that it would be a good idea to each use this planet as humanty's new homeworld, we only have one requirement, that being if a fellow house is short of food or harvesting food, and you have a surplus, you would give what food you have to them so they may survive, as food itself is scarce, especially fertile land on a cold world.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21