Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's Play PBEM EFS, Escape from Earth Mod. Hey, we're starting again?  (Read 25441 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

House Traits, balanced for Nova.  They add a little personality to the rulers, but can be unbalancing if not properly regulated.

I volunteer to use as my puppet advise Sister Agatha of the Red Faction that is totally-not House Hazat, but rather some monky order that has taken over their spot in the world.  Yeah.  Long live House Hazat!

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm interested in house decados/Eskatonic faction/green guys. I'd like my leader person to be called Brother Walton.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play PBEM EFS, Escape from Earth Mod. 1 MORE PLAYER NEEDED!
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 04:30:40 pm »

Glacies and Zorgn, need your emails.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 04:57:08 pm »

Gah...I'll play if I can get it to work on my computer...at least if it's not too difficult to learn how.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 01:50:55 am »

Wow, I just realized Universal Warehouse is OFF.  That means we'll need to transport food whenever we leave Holy Terra.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 06:34:07 pm »

Il Palazzo, the scourge of Li Halan in the original EoFS thread(I hope mainiac isn't reading this) is willing to join as the Temple Avesti.

A few notes first, though.

Everybody makes sure to read the house rules.

Also note that the following:
And that the following rule should not be applied to resources:

9. You may not deliberately leave your ministry cities, resources or spaceships undefended and open to capture by an ally, or by your own forces once your term of office is over.
applies to resources only.

Let's use the suggested house rules' point system for choosing traits.(@x2yzh9 - this means that you need to start the game with "novice"[second] difficulty level to be able to assign traits accordingly.)

I know it might prove to be a pain in the future, but let's try playing on a map with Symbiot Cluster unbound - that is, in a galaxy where the Symbiots can move past Stigmata and invade other planets.

Name:Padre El Palacio

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 08:05:39 pm »

Also note that the following:
And that the following rule should not be applied to resources:

9. You may not deliberately leave your ministry cities, resources or spaceships undefended and open to capture by an ally, or by your own forces once your term of office is over.
applies to resources only.

Actually, standard english conventions dictate that the exception to the rule only applies to resources.  I'm probably misunderstanding your post, so I'll try to express the new house rule as applied to this game:
9. You may not deliberately leave your ministry cities or spaceships undefended and open to capture by an ally, or by your own forces once your term of office is over.  Do what you wish with resources.

Does anyone read things differently?  I'd like to get a common understanding just in case.

Glad to have you aboard Il Palazzo, althought I must admit some fear from having read the last LP.  Just remember, you hate the purple guy.  I'm red, so we're cool.

I agree with Il Palazzo on the unbound Stigmata cluster.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 08:23:06 pm »

Well, I was trying to point out exactly what you've stated. I've simply thought that it might be unclear to everyone after reading your and x2yzh9's exchange regarding the subject.
I apologise for causing even more confusion, as apparently I've failed to convey my thoughts properly.

And don't worry EuchreJack, without mainiac around, I'm a pretty suave guy. On the other hand, if everyone plays it cool, the game will become boring.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 08:59:33 pm »

Alright, let me start the game up. Might take a day or two to garner all the information and inform the players that we're starting, though.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play PBEM EFS, Escape from Earth Mod. Full, starting.
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 12:22:15 am »

Aw man, why do I always find these things after all the slots are taken. :[
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 05:43:22 pm »

So, we're waiting for Zorgn to name his avatar, right?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 06:20:45 pm »

I'll just name his avatar Bob Dole.

In the meantime I've installed Fallout and installing various mods+FOSE for it. Having tech problems, and I'm trying to fix them. I'm sorry, but it looks like I might have to delay.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 06:50:08 pm »

While the first turns of this mod are vital, there isn't a lot you can do, so I'd advise pushing forward.  I'd really like to see the galaxy we'll be calling home.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 07:03:14 pm »

>.>

I have emailed paged you several times x2yzh9 with my email and player name. My name is Zorgn ingame.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 07:09:42 pm by Zorgn »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21