Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's Play PBEM EFS, Escape from Earth Mod. Hey, we're starting again?  (Read 25455 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play PBEM EFS, Escape from Earth Mod. Full, starting.
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2010, 06:15:49 pm »

As long as you shan't start using us as your cheap immigrant farmboys.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2010, 07:44:18 pm »

Turn sent to maniac, whom I suspect has two labs running.  Not that there is anything wrong with that... ::)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2010, 12:11:10 am »

Turn sent.  Sorry 'bout the slowness, I didn't notice the game sent so quickly.

Yeah, I might have a couple of labs.  What's it to you?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2010, 03:33:14 am »

It might not mean a lot to our LCS brothers, but it means a lot to us, Avestites - it means that you're dabbling with magicks arcana and heretic knowledge. This calls for purging.
We might, however, decide not to flame you very hard, should you opt for not colonising the planet of Malignatus(hehe, the name brings memories, am I right, mainiac?) - this island world is the first habitable one we've happened upon, and wish to claim it for the greater glory of Pantocrator. Seeing how the [forgot the name of mainiac's sect] already claimed a planet, they have no right to interfere.

And today on News From Earth: "Symbiots are fucking everywhere!!!1!"

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2010, 09:26:05 am »

Seeing as the Avestites have happened upon their first habitable world, I think it would be foolish to give him more land, no insult intended-Li Halan offered half of the world, but since you have found a habitable planet of yours to call home, I see no reason to NOT use the rest of the land on this icy world.

Turn sent.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2010, 01:32:56 pm »

Malignatius is a planet in such a nice location, but I could be convinced to move on in the interest of friendship.  That is assuming that it's possible for your sect to be friends with ours...

As friends, would you be interested in standing united against the Symbiots with us? By coordinating our efforts, we can strengthen the crusade to free earth from their clutches.  Perhaps you could see your way towards taking the wealth of Malignatius and contributing some of it towards our research efforts against the Symbiot foe?  If you could contribute 500 firebirds every 2 years (1 turn), it would allow us to perform more research.  Needless to say, this research would be shared with you for the betterment of mankind.  Next turn your fortresses on Cuba would be able to start training heavy infantry legions to fight the Symbiots.

And of course, as brothers in arms, I would expect you to allow me to settle undisturbed on any other habitable planets in the northwest quadrant I can find.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2010, 01:50:32 pm »

I most certainly will help combat the symbiot threat, but what I plan on doing is sending my SpecOps in, reconaissance, intel, etc. Will you other sects manage the grunts and main infantry, and so on.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2010, 02:50:38 pm »

Malignatius is a planet in such a nice location, but I could be convinced to move on in the interest of friendship.  That is assuming that it's possible for your sect to be friends with ours...

And of course, as brothers in arms, I would expect you to allow me to settle undisturbed on any other habitable planets in the northwest quadrant I can find.
Oh, but we do think of our brothers in faith as friends! Even if they've strayed a bit from the right path, we believe that it's nothing that couldn't be corrected, given some time and the right kind of effort.

Now, as for you landing on any possibly habitable planet in the N-W quadrant, I wouldn't object. But should you claim it's surface exclusively for your sect, then I could begin to get grumpy.

Since it's my glorious sect that owns a couple of forts on Cuban soil, I'll assume your research-related proposition was aimed at me, and not our brother x2yzh9.
I must say that it's very tempting, and I do applaud your fiery resolve to purge the symbiot menace off the holy ground, however, seeing how my technological infrastructure is still practically nonexistent, I must decline for now. Perhaps next year we'll be able to have a meaningful conversation.

Seeing as the Avestites have happened upon their first habitable world, I think it would be foolish to give him more land, no insult intended-Li Halan offered half of the world, but since you have found a habitable planet of yours to call home, I see no reason to NOT use the rest of the land on this icy world.
But brother! You did promise us shelter on the icy planet. It would be against our Faith's dictates to refuse our colonists some landing space. We did spend years diverting our ships to that faraway corner of the galaxy, not to mention that the habitable planet which we've found is composed mainly of a huge ocean and a couple of volcanic islands. We humbly ask you to reconsider, and allow us to establish at least a small outpost on Pandemonium.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2010, 02:58:20 pm »

Ah! Of course my brother, I renew my old offer, with the defined borders that I have sent you through private frequencies. I thought the planet you found was earth-like, not oceanic. Land is a valuable resource, they say-I am sorry for the confusion, brother.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 23, 2010, 03:00:19 pm »

Pantocrator bless you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2010, 07:01:03 pm »

Turn sent to Maniac.

I'll gladly join in the Crusade against the Symbiotes on Holy Terra!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2010, 08:59:11 pm »

Well, if the planet Malignatius is so unimportant, surely you wouldn't mind us taking some of the useless planet.  We would be quite happy to give you the technology for heavy legions and electronics as our way of saying thanks.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2010, 02:41:53 am »

What, is one planet to call your own too little for you and too much for us? Stay away.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2010, 09:11:18 am »

Savegame sent.

Our colonists need a place to rest their heads after that long trip.  We're taking a single insland.  We have no interest in the rest of the planet.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2010, 10:09:04 am »

These blasted water worlds are going to be the death of me.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21