Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's Play PBEM EFS, Escape from Earth Mod. Hey, we're starting again?  (Read 25420 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm greedily stealing Keboo's idea-ish. I've been getting back into EFS and figured out this new mod. Lot tougher, but funner, indeed! So I decided to play a PBEM game of it. We'll be doing it with Plague OFF, and universal warehouse OFF.

Get the game here
http://s235607088.onlinehome.us/whote/stuff/eofs.zip

You can find various notes and information on the game, as well as the Nova 2.3 patch that we use on this site: http://website.lineone.net/~rwein/nova/home.htm

Info on the mod
http://website.lineone.net/~rwein/nova/escape/escape.htm

Keep in mind we play by "house rules" found at: http://website.lineone.net/~rwein/nova/escape/escape.htm

About EFS:

EFS is a 4X strategy game, with two major phases, land and space.  The ultimate goal is to become emperor (or eliminate all of your enemy's nobles, which is by far the harder task).  There are five playable houses in all, and the game includes politics/diplomacy, research, city building, resource micromanagement, space travel, land/sea battle, and to a lesser extent, assassination.  The game includes an in game tutorial on most of the mechanics that is useful for new players. You'll need to PM me your email, and I"ll PM you mine as well.

House Li Halan: x2yzh9 (Lord Yuri Churikov)
House Hazat: EuchreJack (Sister Abigail)
House Decados: Mainiac
House Hawkwood: Zorgn (Lord Zorgn)
House al-Malik: Il Palazzo (Padre El Palacio)

Please join us!

This is what's happened up to this point:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:55:11 pm by x2yzh9 »

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks interesting. I'll play Hawkwood/Brothers of Battle/The Blue Guys.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kewl. Whadya want your lords name ta' be? Also-PM me your email. Adding it to OP now.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like the idea of the Human ubermensch ruling over the Vau.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like the idea of the Human ubermensch ruling over the Vau.
Well sign-up then!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have to actually play EFS, and that might be a little bit...difficult. I don't got time. I can watch though.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EFS isn't too difficult, actually. I recommend you try the base game and then the EFE mod solo and tell me if it's still fairly difficult.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Might play.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

EFS isn't too difficult, actually. I recommend you try the base game and then the EFE mod solo and tell me if it's still fairly difficult.

Difficult to win against pansy AI: No.

Difficult to play until completion, considering the mind-numbing micromanagement: Definitely.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is B12, where fun is welcomed with open arms, if you get my drift.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I was mainly just explaining the problems SC might have with this game.

I'm actually interested in playing this mod, but have a few questions:
1) Windows 7 seems unable to install the version 4 update of EFS.  Assuming no workaround can be found, will this matter?
2) Will there be house traits?
3) Escape from Heaven mod suggests not using all the house rules, mainly it suggests allowing the looting of the ministries.  So, will all house rules need to be followed?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll try to read the rules tonight...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was mainly just explaining the problems SC might have with this game.

I'm actually interested in playing this mod, but have a few questions:
1) Windows 7 seems unable to install the version 4 update of EFS.  Assuming no workaround can be found, will this matter?
2) Will there be house traits?
3) Escape from Heaven mod suggests not using all the house rules, mainly it suggests allowing the looting of the ministries.  So, will all house rules need to be followed?
1. As I said in the OP, no. EFE mod installs everything you need- Only install EFE, and EFE alone into your EFS directory.
2. I don't know what those are. Give me a link explaining them, please.
3. Yes, all house rules EXCEPT 2, 8, 20, 21, 9, & 30.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I may learn what is this game about and how to play it. Sure, I am very busy these days, but it looks like a great fun. If there's an open spot left, I may join. Just you wait ;).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21