Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Caged guest (taming)  (Read 2029 times)

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caged guest (taming)
« on: May 14, 2010, 03:27:57 pm »

So this dragon showed up a little bit ago to my fort and Luckily my cage traps caught him since I don't have a military yet.  Since I read on the wiki that they can be tamed and trained into war animals I'd like to know how I should do that. I have a dungeon master and all that but whenever I select "take large animal" in the kennel it fails and tells me I don't have any beasts to tame.  Now I really don't want to just let this guy loose in case he's still sore I caught him and would like to burn my fort down. So right now he's just sitting in the animal stockpile until I can figure out how I need to be doing this. any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:26:42 pm by ReploidGodX »
"Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back."

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caged guest (taming)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 03:33:41 pm »

It tells you there's no large animals available?  In my version it just shows a blank list.  What version are you using?
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 03:34:20 pm »

"Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back."

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 03:36:08 pm »

If you have a dungeon master then it should be tameable... is there a hauling task on the cage or anything like that?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 03:37:17 pm »

Fail-edit.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:39:18 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 03:39:17 pm »

Nope, it's just sitting in the stockpile doing nada. it's not forbidden and it's not set to be dumped.  The trap I caught it in is however (forbidden that is).
Okay now I'm getting a blank menu aswell.  Weird, maybe I was thinking of a taming attempt on another animal.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 03:41:14 pm »

Maybe you need to unforbid the cage?
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 03:45:34 pm »

The cage isn't forbidden, I even claimed the cage trapand it still isn't letting me
Edit: silly me, I wasn't proof reading my posts
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:49:36 pm by ReploidGodX »

Fourdots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 04:17:39 pm »

Do you have a dungeon master? Pretty sure that a dragon would be an exotic pet, and would require one to tame.

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 04:26:30 pm »

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 04:30:27 pm »

Okay so I can train a War leopard (they're [PET_EXOTIC]) but I can't tame a dragon, what gives.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 04:33:17 pm »

Okay so I can train a War leopard (they're [PET_EXOTIC]) but I can't tame a dragon, what gives.

You have a dungeon master.
In 2010.
I must ask you to explain.

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 04:47:55 pm »

I opened the raw "entity_default.txt" and if you scroll down it has all the nobles and what they do, require, meeting requirements etc and for the dungeon master I just put [APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR] alongside with all the other nobles that can appoint him. just waited for my first mayor to be elected and then appointed a dungeon master.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 04:58:10 pm »

They won't work, it has been tried and tried again to make the dungeon master, or his replacement work. But the dungeon master or any alternatives won't work. In short, it's impossible to train exotic pets at all in this version.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 05:04:01 pm »

So I can only train exotic animals to be war animals if they're already tame when they arrive.
Bummer
Pages: [1] 2