Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some megaprojects please?  (Read 1129 times)

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
  • Exit light!Enter night!!
    • View Profile
Some megaprojects please?
« on: May 14, 2010, 05:03:49 am »

I want to create a dwarf exclusive world so i am going to make humans,elves,goblins etc EXTINCT!!After all dwarves are the master race [oh god...i just sounded like hitler]So is there a fast way i could do this?

{edit}I need some more megaprojects please.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 05:53:48 am by Urist mc.miner »
Quote from: Footkerchief on Today at 02:46:06 am
Quote from: Grakelin on May 12, 2010, 10:01:05 pm
In Soviet Russia, environment destroys you!

Germany learned this the hard way.

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile

Been done already, but use adventure mode.

Alternatively, build world flooding machine, walls around every mountainhome fortress, flood the world, let it unflood, and you have killed the entire world sans dwarves in a most dwarven way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
  • Exit light!Enter night!!
    • View Profile
Re: Some megaprojects please?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 08:41:02 am »

No the most dwarven way would be to flood the world with magma! :P
Quote from: Footkerchief on Today at 02:46:06 am
Quote from: Grakelin on May 12, 2010, 10:01:05 pm
In Soviet Russia, environment destroys you!

Germany learned this the hard way.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:39:28 pm »

Here's one for you become a goblin king. Find out how their diplomacy works in game and exploit it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ahp77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 02:09:07 pm »

creature_standard.txt

Create a copy of DF, go inot the above file, remove every sentient creature except dwarves. DONE!

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 03:44:04 pm »

creature_standard.txt

Create a copy of DF, go inot the above file, remove every sentient creature except dwarves. DONE!
THAT'S NOT VERY DWARFY.

You'll also need a drain device built somewhere, could just be a cave-in operated shaft that your adventurer pulls after pacing around on the platform for long enough (you'll probably want a stockpile of food and drink in lead bins accessible somewhere from the platform that won't get flooded by the magma)
The pump stack should ideally feed from a large reservoir that feeds in several places from the magma sea, to prevent the device sputtering after creating a magma whirlpool. You'll also probably want to do this in a pocket world, as you'll need to wall off all caves (as they lead to the clown car, which has bottomless pits), and because of the massive lag from flooding the entire world with magma. You also will need to use embark anywhere (does that still work?) to embark on an NPC fortress and wall it off/ install new dwarven underground farm technology if you want to embark after the flood (I don't think you can embark from the reformed governments of your abandoned fortresses).
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 05:49:25 pm »

creature_standard.txt

THAT'S NOT VERY DWARFY.

You'll also need a drain device built somewhere, could just be a cave-in operated shaft that your adventurer pulls after pacing around on the platform for long enough (you'll probably want a stockpile of food and drink in lead bins accessible somewhere from the platform that won't get flooded by the magma)
The pump stack should ideally feed from a large reservoir that feeds in several places from the magma sea, to prevent the device sputtering after creating a magma whirlpool. You'll also probably want to do this in a pocket world, as you'll need to wall off all caves (as they lead to the clown car, which has bottomless pits), and because of the massive lag from flooding the entire world with magma. You also will need to use embark anywhere (does that still work?) to embark on an NPC fortress and wall it off/ install new dwarven underground farm technology if you want to embark after the flood (I don't think you can embark from the reformed governments of your abandoned fortresses).
yes, also an NPC fort would have all the layers under the fort smoothed if you dig on the bottom stair well.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes