Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: The explorer  (Read 17163 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The explorer
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2010, 03:04:33 am »

Very cautiously explore the bland corridor.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2010, 03:36:16 am »

Very cautiously explore the bland corridor.
(Quite late where I live [1AM], so no special stuff this time)

You enter the corridor, you arrive upon the control room, you find a note and read it.

The note says:

James Buckler. Captain. 2415 (367 years ago).

"Hello again. Hope you enjoyed the walk here, I sure didn't. Goddamn gigantic tree roots.

See the Big Red Button™ on the left? That will shut down all shields in the bases. I warn you though, I saw something frightening behind one of them, and that's from a hardass like me.

See the purple button on the right? That opens all blast doors, DON'T PUSH IT FOR GOD'S SAKE. Remember the highly secured door back in the facility with my first note? I don't know if you would like to meet what's behind it, But I know I wouldn't.

Oh, you want to know some of my story?

Okay, I'll start from the beginning.

I am James Andrew Buckler, captain of the USESEF (United Sol Extra Solar Exploration Force) "We come from earf" (Yes, really).

I am a Titan born man, and proud of it.

I was tasked with exploring a wormhole found around Pluto, apparently the three moon's gravitational forces combined with Neptune and Eris's were creating a wormhole. Though no one knew how long it would last. So fast forward me ending up in a system, and just my luck, the wormhole is gone.

I eventually find a earth-like planet. And suddenly I'm hit with something, I have to make a crash landing on a lake.

Fast forward three days of surviving, then I found the ruins where you found the notes. I find a plasma weapon on the ground. Then noises, creatures appear out of the dark and attack! I fire multiple rounds from Loud Betty (My pistol) into the creatures, most of them go down. All but one. A large creature nearly my size, I fire multiple rounds into it, it does not go down. In desperation I fire the plasma like crazy, and it finally goes down.

Fast forward my searching of rooms till when I made my first note and there's your story.

Next note whenever. Hope I wasn't too bad at my next note spot. No, I'm not walking from the next note position and back again. Too much work, you'll just have to get lucky. Though they should be easy to spot.

-Buckler."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2010, 07:44:49 am »

Head back to the fourway and carefully explore the splattered lab. Keep an eye out for those roots that the note mentioned.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2010, 01:55:29 pm »

Head back to the fourway and carefully explore the splattered lab. Keep an eye out for those roots that the note mentioned.
You find a lab similar to the first one, except it has no containers. And it appears to have rows upon rows of syringes. Just ask for the color and how much.

A blue one, ???
A red one, Liquidiser.
A dark red one, ???
A cyan one, ???
A clear one, Light poison.
A purple one, ???
A pink one, ???
And a green one. ???

(I think you should start trying out syringes.)
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2010, 03:19:50 pm »

>Closely examine blue one, drop a bit on your finger, smell it. If it seems safe, inject it.
>Check inventory.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2010, 03:25:19 pm »

It looks blue. What.

You drop some on you finger, nothing happens.

It smells strange.

You inject it, you feel ahead of time.

The blue Syringe was a Evolution Enhancer!

Inventory:
A Evolution Enhancer.
A dark red syringe.
A cyan syringe.
A purple syringe.
A pink syringe.
And a green syringe.

(Note, there are unlimited amounts of syringes in this lab, so go crazy!)

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2010, 04:45:41 pm »

>Try all the other syringes.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2010, 04:58:46 pm »

>Try all the other syringes.
(Hehehe.)

You inject the dark red one. It's blood, yuck!

You inject the cyan one, ARGH! You feel incredibly ill.

You fall to the floor.

Identified:

dark red syringe; Blood.
cyan syringe; Heavy poison.

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2010, 05:04:35 pm »

Attempt to suck poison out of bloodstream through the injection site.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2010, 05:05:54 pm »

Attempt to suck poison out of bloodstream through the injection site.
It's waaaayyyy too small.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2010, 08:44:48 pm »

Test other syringes to see if theres a cure for this poison.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2010, 08:56:21 pm »

Test other syringes to see if theres a cure for this poison.
You inject the purple one, you fall asleep.

You wake up, you feel fine, and someone seems to have turned the lights on.

...Wait a minute, no they didn't! Your eyes have evolved to see in the dark, and your body has evolved to have immunity to the poison.

Identified:

purple syringe; Knock out poison.

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2010, 09:16:27 pm »

>Screw around with night vision.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2010, 09:18:02 pm »

>Screw around with night vision.
Try and try as you might, you seem to have no control of your evolution.

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2010, 10:08:29 pm »

>Taunt the cyan syringe just to rub in the fact that you're immune to poisons.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13