Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Farming question - No seeds available  (Read 620 times)

StrongAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Farming question - No seeds available
« on: May 13, 2010, 07:47:30 pm »

I built a few underground farm plots on clay loam, and now they only give me the message "No seeds available."  I have confirmed that the tiles are "Inside Dark Subterranean", and that I do indeed have seeds (plump helmets, cave wheat, etc).  I have not mudded the tiles, but I thought that that bug had been correct.  What am I doing wrong here?

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Farming question - No seeds available
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 08:07:15 pm »

The farming bug is still very much in effect, learn the ease of irrigation or doom thine dwarves to starve.

Shangurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 08:17:35 am »

I built a few underground farm plots on clay loam, and now they only give me the message "No seeds available."  I have confirmed that the tiles are "Inside Dark Subterranean", and that I do indeed have seeds (plump helmets, cave wheat, etc).  I have not mudded the tiles, but I thought that that bug had been correct.  What am I doing wrong here?

Well I think the easiest way to solve the problem is to find a small lake (they are usually next to rivers) and fill your farm room with ALL the water from this small lake. Your room should not be to small so water level in this room would be 1 or 2 on all the tiles. After some time you will be able to plant there

Shangurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 08:18:56 am »

Well I think the easiest way to solve the problem is to find a small lake (they are usually next to rivers) and fill your farm room with ALL the water from this small lake. Your room should not be to small so water level in this room would be 1 or 2 spread all over the tiles. After some time you will be able to plant there

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 02:24:28 pm »

Well I think the easiest way to solve the problem is to find a small lake (they are usually next to rivers) and fill your farm room with ALL the water from this small lake. Your room should not be to small so water level in this room would be 1 or 2 spread all over the tiles. After some time you will be able to plant there
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

StrongAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 11:29:47 am »

I watered my plots, and now I can grow things there.  Thanks guys.  Previously I couldn't even build the plot if it wasn't muddy.