Into the Caverns with ye!
HFS sacrifice
Starvation in a Zoo
Spike traps
Ballista/Catapults
Drawbridge Firing
Other(please post)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: How do you finish off prisoners?  (Read 4594 times)

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do you finish off prisoners?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 10:41:11 pm »

I dump most of their items: all GCS items and iron armour and all weapons, then build a cage outside my defense area, station a few marks dwarves with 100 ammo, move all the gobbo prisoners to the cage , link it to a lever. Once I get about 100 quantum gobbos in the cage I wait for an oppertune time such as a mega beast visit to pull the lever. Bonus points if the mega beast destroys the cage for you, A few gobbos die from archery , the mega is distracted for a while and the rest of the gobbos run for the map edge.  If the elves have been really pissey about the tree quota I'll fill a gobbo cage next to the trade depot, and leave the lashers their whips... "It must have been a grimlin that opened that cage, honest, and my dwarves helped fight off the gobbos. Elf laision, thoes whip marks sure look painfull, now what were you saying about that tree quota?"

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 10:49:58 pm »

HOLY CARP! My mayor just banned the killing of goblins in any way  :'(

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 10:52:21 pm »

HOLY CARP! My mayor just banned the killing of goblins in any way  :'(

...Mayors can mandate that?

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 10:54:09 pm »

Heh no

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 11:03:11 pm »

The survivors will come back with the next siege with more loot... The dead gobbos are just the unlucky or slow. I'll get around to killing them all, eventually.

Nakanja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2010, 09:25:33 am »

Tossing them, cage and all, down the magma chute.  I've got plenty of wood to replace the cages, so its worth it for less work hauling clothes and stuff.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2010, 11:49:41 am »

Basically its a small cage-type thing suspended above a giant pit. The first level is 9 tastefully arranged goblin cages, with a floor level above filled with magma. When it hits the bottom of the pit, which will have a nice full pond of water, it will smash the whole cage against the bottom into nice stone blocks, and the gobbies will be crushed to death, which the magma will then fill the whole chamber, turning into obsidian with the water. Then i open the door to get in, dig out the obsidian, collect my rewards (Iron supplies, stone blocks, etc.)Then refill pit and remake cage, and redo. BONUS:Make cage out of glass, so they get to see their death before they meet it. SUPER BONUS:Add a window by glass cage on pit wall to a room, put a lever in the room with a tantruming dwarf, and they now get to watch as their fate is in the hands of a tantruming dwarf.[/font]
If you crush the goblins with a cave-in there will be nothing left.  If you don't the cages will survive without a scratch.  I've never had a tantruming dwarf throw a lever, just destroy it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:51:20 am by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2010, 01:16:17 pm »

Oh well even so the lava should turn them all into nice obsidian block cages  :-\

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2010, 01:54:33 pm »

I'm...  not....  actually sure what happens to cages trapped in obsidian.

brb, filling the magma recycler

Blimey, it survived.  It's still in the units as 'caged prisoner'

So, so far we've just got a thrill ride for goblins.   :'(
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 02:16:31 pm by Corona688 »

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2010, 02:36:25 pm »

Bah.  I'll just build them outside as a message to would-be invaders and release them as "defenders" if the humans ever siege me.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2010, 02:57:22 pm »

this is why we link the cages to levers and have them released first so they'll be burned alive.

at the moment I've been wondering exactly what I'm going to do to prisoners. Maybe I'll dig a pit to the magma sea and let them go swimming.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 02:58:53 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 02:59:08 pm »

this is why we link the cages to levers and have them released first so they'll be burned alive.
Thank you, but we're looking for an efficient way to do this...

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2010, 03:02:30 pm »

Hi!

I am with DarthCloakedDwarf there - I don't have a military, but I have traps with giant axe blades. Why should I bother with scared dwarves if I simply can get my goblins sliced and diced at the front gate?

Deathworks
Caged creatures don't scare dwarves.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2010, 03:04:24 pm »

Caged creatures don't scare dwarves.
...but aren't dead, either.  It's the making them so after that which is so irksome.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2010, 06:28:45 pm »

at the moment I've been wondering exactly what I'm going to do to prisoners. Maybe I'll dig a pit to the magma sea and let them go swimming.

Well there goes my plan... Guess my last idea to make my theme ride work... HMake them nakid, get some wrestlers to hook them up to some chains, and THAT should trap them in obsidian FOREVER.

Im trying right now to make steel water pumps to bring water/magma to cage pit, but my damned woodcutter decided to have a bad mood and take the forge, then ask for bauxite which I have NONE OF. I also never made a second anvil to make a new shop... So I was pretty mad so I dug a channel around him, dug under him, and dug the last suspender to test out my first collapsing anvil, and he died happily and i built a new place with only a few bad moods. But who cares, a little mist will cheer up any dwarf who just had his whole family/pet die and a nice table and a chair.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 07:47:24 pm by b1gb0y2013 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5