Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with farming  (Read 329 times)

tailpipe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with farming
« on: May 13, 2010, 05:56:35 pm »

Ok so i know how to farm and stuff and i have been doing that as my primary source of food but now when i want to plant plump helmets it is all in read and won't let me plant them... what do i do?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with farming
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 06:13:04 pm »

Wait until the beginning of the new year.

It's gotta be Winter in your fort, in the last ~10 days of the month of Obsidian, which means that it's about 10 days until the game year ends. Normally, when a plant doesn't have enough time left in its growable period to actually be planted and mature, it shows up in red on the farm plot menu. Plump Helmets, though, have a year-round growable period, so they seemingly shouldn't ever show up as red, but they do at the end of the year anyway. Once the year turns, they'll turn white again and your farmers will be able to plant more.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

tailpipe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 06:16:30 pm »

Thanks! =)

FearTheReaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 06:49:40 pm »

Has that always been the case with plump helmets ? 'Cause I swear I've never noticed it before (probably, because I just set it on plump helmets all year round and leave it at that).
===============
I hate.....
================