Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The Crone. Listen to her?(this poll for fun.)

Yes. She's quite obviously a plot device
- 6 (24%)
Yes. Listen to your elders.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. Who doesn't listen to crazy old woman in the middle of nowhere?
- 6 (24%)
No. She's obviously senile.
- 4 (16%)
No. She smells like... Old people...
- 7 (28%)
No. I think she's right, but I love to lose!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: Bay 12:Into the game, chapter 3:A Crone And a Warning  (Read 73553 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Bay 12:Into the game, chapter one:Road to Oslee
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 06:42:25 pm »

All that brainpower and he can't spell charisma?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 06:43:01 pm »

Armok's spelling ability is... inconsistent.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2010, 06:45:10 pm »

Well... whatever. Waiting on the next update myself.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2010, 06:46:12 pm »

Hmm, it seems the fact that I happen to have a full soldiers kit that just happens to be sitting next to me has been outdone by the fact that Armok is Stephen Hawking..

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2010, 06:48:02 pm »

Yeah, yeah, enough hating on Armok, already.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 06:50:49 pm by Rashilul »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2010, 06:50:43 pm »

Yeah, yeah, enough hating on Armok, already.
That was mostly you

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2010, 06:52:15 pm »

Sorry, sorry, I should stop now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 06:55:42 pm by Rashilul »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2010, 07:09:04 pm »

Um,  I'm a world bending scientific genius BY MEDIEVAL STANDARDS, I dabble in all sorts of useful stuff, and really knowing a bit of termodynamics and basic laws of motion, a good chunk of evolutionary biology, and some highscool maths lets you firly easily emulate most of those things at a level of a mideveal person having practiced for years of you have my real main skill: applying knowledge from one feld into another. But thats another level of though than skills, wich is what is listed here.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2010, 07:12:56 pm »

Um,  I'm a world bending scientific genius BY MEDIEVAL STANDARDS, I dabble in all sorts of useful stuff, and really knowing a bit of termodynamics and basic laws of motion, a good chunk of evolutionary biology, and some highscool maths lets you firly easily emulate most of those things at a level of a mideveal person having practiced for years of you have my real main skill: applying knowledge from one feld into another. But thats another level of though than skills, wich is what is listed here.
Kay you're smart

Lets stop now.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2010, 07:42:03 pm »

Sounds like the problem is you rated your skills in comparison to the average medieval person, everyone else compared themselves to the average modern person. I at least only listed skills I think I am significantly better than most people at.

Anyway: I see how many rocks I can carry in my pockets before being encumbered.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2010, 07:53:43 pm »

Sounds like the problem is you rated your skills in comparison to the average medieval person, everyone else compared themselves to the average modern person. I at least only listed skills I think I am significantly better than most people at.
I probably did some unholy mix betwen those, really. Not to mention it's relly hard to list your own skills like this withoute bias.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2010, 07:55:04 pm »

The bias really depends on the pesron. Some people overestimate themselves, some underestimate themselves. But yeah, there's always gonna be bias one way or the other.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2010, 08:00:58 pm »

And some people really aren't good at knowing what to say about themselves :D
Okay, moving on from stat discussion (I'm sure it can be evened out somehow if any of these stats play any important role), look at the sky and see if I can tell which way is North by instinct, as well as the general directions to several nearby settlements (or possible ruins); also see if I can set vegetation on fire without using any tools

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2010, 08:58:42 pm »

ACTIONS:
I look around for a wagon, or any other supplies we may have which didn't come from the 'real world'.
There is no wagon, nor any sort of Dwarfy engineering.

Look around, searching for a wooded area or some hills to mark the landscape, try to indetify anything useful as cover.

"So, how did you guys end up here?"
The land is flat, with scattered trees. To the west are some small, dark bumps. They appear to be quite sharp...

I flip the fuck out while subconsciously checking what I have and if I'm fine.
You are fine, even while you "flip the fuck out".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Initial action: exclaim supprise, preform bayesian analysis on situation, conclude we're in a forum game and refer to calculation and previus similar cases, figure out how our existence interacts with tiles and finally find out how big they are.
How astute of you. This helps with nothing.

I noticed this and just had to at least write up a character sheet even if I end up on a waiting list, especially considering the bags sitting next to my computer desk right now, I bet I'll throw off the GM's expectation of items a bit.

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Luckily, the safety was on, because when you open the bag to check your gun, theres a small stone lodged in front of the trigger.

Anyway: I see how many rocks I can carry in my pockets before being encumbered.
One... Two... Three. Three rocks! They are fairly large rocks though, and quite swell for tossing at things you wouldn't touch with an Eleven-foot-pole.

And some people really aren't good at knowing what to say about themselves :D
Okay, moving on from stat discussion (I'm sure it can be evened out somehow if any of these stats play any important role), look at the sky and see if I can tell which way is North by instinct, as well as the general directions to several nearby settlements (or possible ruins); also see if I can set vegetation on fire without using any tools
Your instincts don't seem to be very good, you only succeed in finding a bunny shaped cloud. There is nothing to go on for sapient life, either.

Earth Time (GMT): 12:30 PM

((Armok, are you like, an autistic savant or something? I find it hard to belive someone with that large of a skill list screws up "About". I guess I'll let you in, but I will be reducing some of your skillage. It's overpowering, wether true or not. Sorry, mate.))
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2010, 09:02:48 pm »

i dl this comunity fort from teh intranetz out of curiosity and also get sucked in

Spoiler: Profile (click to show/hide)

my first action, i press T
if i fail at it, i look around for a mead hall,
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:10:05 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35