Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Super 8 (Movie)  (Read 491 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Super 8 (Movie)
« on: May 13, 2010, 04:32:15 pm »

Am I the first person on this site to notice this new movie by JJ Abrams?

Looks like a sci-fi horror film, and it's going to be directed by JJ Abrams and produced by Steven Spielberg. It's coming out in 2011.
Personally, this sounds pretty damn cool. Here's the trailer. link
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 04:35:23 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Super 8 (Movie)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 04:40:59 pm »

I wasn't impressed.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Super 8 (Movie)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 06:48:25 pm »

Why was it punching the door when the wheel was turning anyway? Why did some goof kill himself derailing the train when he could have just gotten out of the truck? If it could punch through the wall why didn't it do that earlier? If it was so important why didn't the train have air support? Can we please get a shot that doesn't fade in and out constantly? This thing had better not be another Steadicam Monster Movie.

And we know Abrams can direct something well-lit. He did Star Trek 12. But at least he isn't turning everything brown like in most FPS today.

And Spielberg, meh. I do hope he starts making good movies again ... although I didn't like a lot of the other ones like Close Encounters and ET. Too monotonous. Slow can be good, but if you let the audience cool off enough, she will just get frustrated and grab her things and leave.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic