Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: No joke, this is the worst thing I have ever seen.  (Read 21070 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: No joke, this is the worst thing I have ever seen.
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2010, 12:42:06 am »

It's just a dance, man.

Haters gonna hate.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEG!!!!

Fixed that for you.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2010, 12:42:32 am »

What's artificially fun about dressing up and participating in a dance contest?

Except for the fact they're dressing up in the most sexualised way possible, they're 8-10 years old and are dancing in a way that attempts to attract adult males?

WELL, I GUESS NOTHING, SIR.

I wouldn't call that the most sexualised way possible; proper application of an evening dress and makeup results in something far more alluring than a red and black bikini thing.

And evn if they are; so? They're doing what children are supposed to do; imitating the adults around them. That's how children learn.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2010, 12:43:37 am »

But really, it's just a choreographed dance scene. The sexuality is interpretted by the watcher. I admit, it is easier to see something like a little girl thrusting her hips at mach speeds being sexual than, say, a girl skipping down the street, but some people get turned on by that too.

If you don't fantasize about sex with little girls, this won't make you amorous. If you do, then you're already a paedo.

Pathos

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2010, 12:44:57 am »

I wouldn't call that the most sexualised way possible; proper application of an evening dress and makeup results in something far more alluring than a red and black bikini thing.

And evn if they are; so? They're doing what children are supposed to do; imitating the adults around them. That's how children learn.

That's more adult romance, this is an attempt at pure animal lust.

And you're saying they should be learning this?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2010, 12:47:37 am »

It's the distinction between "natural" fun and "artificial" fun. Sure, her mother might've dressed her like that, but it's still pretty natural fun.

I wouldn't blink an eye at kids running around naked at a swimming pool, but I'd be extremely worried if I saw a little girl in a miniskirt at the shops.

... And a little girl in a thong, mini-bra-thing and feathers at the shops, or walking in the street?  I mean come on.  If her mom dressed her like that, it's just as artificial as the dance routine.

I... just ugh.  Little girls should play in the dirt with their goddamned dump trucks, kick soccerballs, and plant crops.  Tricycles.  Forts.  Dolls, if they're so inclined.  Dance for the sake of dancing, run around stark nekkid on occasion, whatever.  But not this sexualized crap in front of a big audience.  I think young women need a chance to just be themselves before starting on the whole appearance-altering fuckfest that adult women get thrown into.  They need to learn who they are, so that when the world starts asking them to pretend they're something they aren't they can know what's happening.  They're all right if they're a bit chubby or skinny, they're all right if they'd rather play with swords than dolls, they're all right if they're lonely, they're all right if there's too many people around.  You need a sense of self before you can put on a mask without losing that self, and I think too many women nowadays lose themselves to a mask due to starting shit like this too soon in life.

Before you learn to be perfect, you should learn to be imperfect.  Life will be gentler, that way.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2010, 12:49:54 am »

Except for the fact they're dressing up in the most sexualised way possible, they're 8-10 years old and are dancing in a way that attempts to attract adult males?

Gah. Funny, I thought I'd allready made enough comments to cover those points. I don't think they are dressing up in the most sexualised way possible (though were I to look for sexualisation in kids attire, I'd probably pick the picture you thought was fine, hint hint.), they're young, possibly about the same age as the picture you thought was fine, and where the fuck do you get that they're dancing to attract adult males? Was there an announcement made at the start that said "hey everyone, these kids don't think the same way as normal children. They want sexy underaged sex with old people, this entire contest is our attempt at facilitating this."? You're STILL doing nothing but applying your own ideas and values onto the kids and reacting to those ideas and values, not what the kids are doing. And now you're being a hypocrite, because one form was fine, but the other wasn't, for insubstatial reasons.

edit: Bandages: I'd love to, but it seems solid logic to me. I'm not fully sure that the sole remaining morally outraged person here is really thinking about his posts enough to rebut anything anymore.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:53:19 am by Agdune »
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2010, 12:50:23 am »

But really, it's just a choreographed dance scene. The sexuality is interpretted by the watcher. I admit, it is easier to see something like a little girl thrusting her hips at mach speeds being sexual than, say, a girl skipping down the street, but some people get turned on by that too.

If you don't fantasize about sex with little girls, this won't make you amorous. If you do, then you're already a paedo.

Someone rebut me, dammit.

Pathos

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2010, 12:54:53 am »

... And a little girl in a thong, mini-bra-thing and feathers at the shops, or walking in the street?  I mean come on.  If her mom dressed her like that, it's just as artificial as the dance routine.

Of course I'd worry if I saw them dressed as that in that context, but...

Gah. Funny, I thought I'd allready made enough comments to cover those points. I don't think they are dressing up in the most sexualised way possible (though were I to look for sexualisation in kids attire, I'd probably pick the picture you thought was fine, hint hint.), they're young, possibly about the same age as the picture you thought was fine, and where the fuck do you get that they're dancing to attract adult males? Was there an announcement made at the start that said "hey everyone, these kids don't think the same way as normal children. They want sexy underaged sex with old people, this entire contest is our attempt at facilitating this."? You're STILL doing nothing but applying your own ideas and values onto the kids and reacting to those ideas and values, not what the kids are doing. And now you're being a hypocrite, because one form was fine, but the other wasn't, for insubstatial reasons.

Here's the thing. The Latino-festival girl isn't MEANT to be sexual. She's basically a carbon copy of what all the older women are wearing. (I believe, anyway, I don't really know.) It's not SEXUALISING her, it's merely an imitation. It's a celebration of innocence, in a way, because she doesn't understand what it is, but it's using her innocence as a part of enlightening the idea of it. Do you think the older women dress like that during the festivals to be sexy? No, it's a celebration.

Compared with the girls in the OP's video, who are dressed by others (as, admittedly, the Fillipino girl is) in a way that represents sexuality. It's not an attempt at imitation (I posted the original "Single Ladies" video), it's an attempt at degradation of innocence through sexualising the little girls.

TL;DR: It's just fucking different, okay?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2010, 12:55:08 am »

That's more adult romance, this is an attempt at pure animal lust.

And you're saying they should be learning this?

Judging by their dancing ability, they have one hell of a career in dance ahead of them, so absolutely, that knowledge will be just as important as everything else. Especially since i happen to know that young girls do enjoy dressing up 'pretty' as my sister used to put it. They might not truely understand the reasons behind the clothes looking the way they do (although i have a sneaking suspicion my sister did), but that does not, in any way, change the enjoyment gained from dressing up like mum\big sister\Lacy from the dance studio across the street.

And i'm here to tell you that when it comes to lust; concealment is the best means. Suggestion works better than reality, for the images the imagination conjures will always be better than whatever truely lies beneath the dress.

A highly convincing argument.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2010, 12:58:01 am »

video can't be viewed in my country

lol, must be really as bad as you say
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Pathos

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2010, 12:59:18 am »

And i'm here to tell you that when it comes to lust; concealment is the best means. Suggestion works better than reality, for the images the imagination conjures will always be better than whatever truely lies beneath the dress.

As I said, adult romance =/= animal lust.

A highly convincing argument.

I couldn't think of a way to summarise a complex idea, so that worked as well.

Your reply was of the same calibre.

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2010, 01:14:24 am »

Seen worse. But yeah agree that its disgusting.

"Watch as my daughter gyrates her beautiful slender body in an outfit that shows more skin than it covers. Go on! Peek at that little cameltoe right there! but dont you DARE FUCKING touch her you DIRTY MOTHERFUCKING PERVERT"

Lol america.

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2010, 01:16:59 am »

Here's the thing. The Latino-festival girl isn't MEANT to be sexual. She's basically a carbon copy of what all the older women are wearing. (I believe, anyway, I don't really know.) It's not SEXUALISING her, it's merely an imitation. It's a celebration of innocence, in a way, because she doesn't understand what it is, but it's using her innocence as a part of enlightening the idea of it. Do you think the older women dress like that during the festivals to be sexy? No, it's a celebration.

Compared with the girls in the OP's video, who are dressed by others (as, admittedly, the Fillipino girl is) in a way that represents sexuality. It's not an attempt at imitation (I posted the original "Single Ladies" video), it's an attempt at degradation of innocence through sexualising the little girls.

No, it's not "just fucking different". It's getting hard to respond to your posts because they're getting more and more packed with shit you've basically just pulled out of your ass. Where are you getting this cultural context for carnival and why are carnivals bastions of innocence and celebrations? Why are dancing competitions not celebrations of dancing skills and freedom of expression but instead sexualised degredation affairs that ruin young girls innocence? Why is one girl being dressed by her mother and going on a parade or somesuch in a super-revealing outfit not sexual at all but a group of girls (Who are incidentally wearing more concealing clothing, which would also have been chosen for them) doing a dance routine is sexually charged and degrading their innocence?

Why are you saying that a dance competition is sexual in nature?

Your argument now seems to rest on 'well it's fine for THEM to have a carnival because I choose to believe that carnivals are all purity and fun and about expression, so in that context I won't attribute sexuality to a prepubescent girl. It's totally not okay for girls to dance around for a competition though because I believe then that they're being encouraged to be FILTHY. FILTHY FILTHY GIRLS.'
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2010, 01:19:21 am »

video can't be viewed in my country

lol, must be really as bad as you say

You live in Germany right? Because I'm pretty sure the German government blocking something sexual isn't a good indicator of how sexual it is, or if it is at all, actually.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2010, 01:21:31 am »

Oh god, i missed that the first time around; Pathos is claiming it's a degredation of their innocence.

Give it up guys, you won't get through to him.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21