Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: No joke, this is the worst thing I have ever seen.  (Read 21003 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: No joke, this is the worst thing I have ever seen.
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2010, 04:50:38 pm »

I say we stop this line of discussion right now before Threetoe gets called in.

I think I'm going to apply this to all lines of discussion in this thread.  I made it to discuss the incident with the pageant, partly to have a conversation about mores and standards and parenting, partly so that everyone could pat each other on the back about how disgusted we all were at the same thing.  That purpose has been served.

I'd love to host a rational conversation about the standards of sexuality and acceptance, and Deathwork's comment to smigenboger summarizes why.  This is a community that can appreciate the difference between fantasy and acting on fantasy, and could probably hold a meaningful conversation on anything up to and including underage sexuality.  BUT, it's not going to happen, at least not because of me.  Most obviously because it's a subject that just dances too close to breaking the forum rules, if it doesn't completely.  But also because it's obviously a subject that just invites rancor and the occasional troll, which isn't at all surprising.  And now it's wandering off into stuff like inefficacy of charity.

I don't want anyone else getting banned in a thread I started, so now it's locked.  No hard feelings anyone.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]