Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Angkor Vath (Succession, Genesis mod) - turn 3  (Read 10107 times)

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angkor Vath (Succession, Genesis mod) - turn 3
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2010, 09:51:50 pm »

Sorry not much in the way of updates. Work will be getting in the way until tomorrow evening. Apologies for the delay.

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2010, 12:43:38 am »

4th Granite 154 Early Spring
I've removed the walls shutting us off from the outside world to begin construction on some basic defenses. A perimeter of stone fall traps will be the first order of business as they are the cheapest and easiest to build. I've also stationed some dogs to slow down any invaders.
Our trade with the Nords was underwhelming to say the least. They brought us only leathers and meat (which can be essential of course) but nothing in the way of weapons or anything of that sort. I traded some useless stone trinkets that they of course loved and went along their way.

5th Granite 154 Early Spring
Many of the dwarves are complaining of a lack of proper quarters. The small amount of beds in the fortress is unacceptable to them and so I've begun the first housing district in the fortress. Everyone should be assigned their own room to prevent further uproar. While we are living in a dirt hole we should at least have proper lodging. The rooms will be small but sufficient for the majority of us.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2010, 07:36:27 am »

These bedrooms look cool :P.

What is that red stone with ore in it which is around your staircase?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2010, 01:29:43 pm »

I'll have to check when I get home but I think it's bauxite w/ some lignite to the west.

I really like the 31.04 emergent but I do have one serious problem. No Dwarf Therapist!

I can't guarantee that our fort will run smoothly without it. I hate that i'm dependent on the util. but it's so helpful in managing a large fort!

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2010, 02:08:45 pm »

I'll have to check when I get home but I think it's bauxite w/ some lignite to the west.

I really like the 31.04 emergent but I do have one serious problem. No Dwarf Therapist!

I can't guarantee that our fort will run smoothly without it. I hate that i'm dependent on the util. but it's so helpful in managing a large fort!

0.5.2 release of Therapist is supposed to work with 31.04, but if it doesn't, try using these values instead:

I believe that I've found what v0.31.04.ini should be created with to get DT to work with 31.04:

Code: [Select]
[info]
checksum                = 0x4bf014fa
version_name            = v0.31.04

[addresses]
translation_vector      = 0x016bd3bc
language_vector         = 0x016bd38c
creature_vector         = 0x016786fc
dwarf_race_index        = 0x014a3ed4

[offsets]
word_table              = 0x0058
current_job_id          = 0x0008

[dwarf_offsets]
first_name              = 0x0000
nick_name               = 0x001C
last_name               = 0x0038
custom_profession       = 0x006c
profession              = 0x0088
race                    = 0x008C
position                = 0x0090
flags1                  = 0x00F8
flags2                  = 0x00FC
sex                     = 0x0110
id                      = 0x0114
squad_name              = 0x01D8
squad_leader_id         = 0x0268
birth_year              = 0x0298
money                   = 0x02F8
current_job             = 0x0390
strength                = 0x04f0
agility                 = 0x04f4
toughness               = 0x04f8
labors                  = 0x0774
happiness               = 0x0834
# soul things
souls                   = 0x0748
skills                  = 0x01FC
traits                  = 0x0224

[valid_flags_1]
size                    = 1
1/name                  = "Not from around these parts"
1/value                 = 0x80000000

[invalid_flags_1]
size                    = 7
1/name                  = "a zombie"
1/value                 = 0x00001000
2/name                  = "a skeleton"
2/value                 = 0x00002000
3/name                  = "a merchant or diplomat"
3/value                 = 0x00000040
4/name                  = "outpost liason"
4/value                 = 0x00000800
5/name                  = "an invader or hostile"
5/value                 = 0x00020000
6/name                  = "an invader or hostile"
6/value                 = 0x00080000
7/name                  = "an invader or hostile"
7/value                 = 0x000C0000

[invalid_flags_2]
size=2
1/name                  = "dead, Jim."
1/value                 = 0x00000080
2/name                  = "from the Underworld. SPOOKY!"
2/value                 = 0x00040000

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2010, 04:46:24 pm »

I am posting in the thread. I think it is my turn edit: next. please do not skip me. edit: redacted

edit: Okay, I am following the thread again, I will wait for the save to be posted.

edit: sorry it seems I was a few days too late. Is there a chance I can take the turn after Compy?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:50:31 pm by heyguys »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2010, 05:16:52 pm »

It's OK, you will be next in the sequence.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2010, 07:24:26 pm »

Sweet the latest dwarf therapist got released yesterday! I didn't notice but this makes things much better! Expect updates tonight.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2010, 08:21:36 pm »

Why is Heyguys turn 6 and 8? Is that a typo or is he just getting two turns? =P

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2010, 08:38:39 pm »

Why is Heyguys turn 6 and 8? Is that a typo or is he just getting two turns? =P

He missed his turn and he's going to take his right after mine. Also.. Update..

11th Slate
I've reordered all of the professions and consolidated some things. I asked one dwarf what he was doing just standing around and he said he was a Lye maker.... I said " We don' need one one'a those right now. Go lay some traps." To which he replied "Thas' not ma job." We'll see about that.. Many dwarves now share groups of jobs. This makes it easier to see what's going on with my job charts and should ease the headache of figuring who does what.
We've got more migrants which should be great for production. Our population is at about 64 dwarves now if i'm counting right. I'm going to work on getting a military (If I can figure that out) set up and get the Engineers Guild to work on producing some weapons. I've begun building all of the essential workshops and will get some people on it right away. We also have expanded to the point where we can produce more of just about everything. Our crafting workshops are running 24/7 and I expect to be able to pull off some great trades with the next caravan that comes around.

I was a bit nervous about taking this position at first but now that I've begun seeing an on site therapist about my stress everything seems to be coming together.
I've also pettitioned the populace to see what sorts of projects they would like me to undertake while I'm in power.. I exist only to work for the people and the peoples concerns are my top priorities.

(Seriously though.. Let me know what you guys would like to see happen with industry, military and so forth. Also if there is anyone who is playing but doesn't have a dwarf and would like one to be named after them say so now. Make sure to let me know what type of dwarf you would like.. BTW we have mostly girls. Not that dwarf sex really makes much of a difference.

Also I live in OK and there's a killer storm going on here. Check it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFv2W7Duqiw Watch as it starts and then jump to the middle of the video.

It was warm 5 days ago... Now it's softball sized hail.. That's what we get for living right in the middle of the country.)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:46:19 pm by compy286 »

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2010, 11:17:38 pm »

18th Felsite
A band of kobolds attacked our fortress and many were lost. If I had a proper military at this point we may have faired better. I've not properly organized any sort of militia and the blood of many dwarves is on my hands.

21st Felsite
Just as I thought things could not get worse a band of orcs attacked and our numbers dwindled even further. I feel this is a monumental failure on my part. I have nothing to speak of in the way of military and my only hope is to build walls up to keep them out.. Armok help any dwarves left outside...
A fire begins to spread outside and I can only guess it was an orcish shaman that started the destruction. It doesn't matter now as it seems all is lost. The orcs will soon overrun our base. I grab a nearby stone and get ready for our final stand. I can only think in my final moments how many mistakes I have made over the course of my administration. I was too focused on our economy and not enough on our protection. I knew not what to do in such an emergency and I cower in the corner of my room. "This is it." I think to myself..

1st Hematite
I waited in my room with the useless stone grasped firmly in my hand. The sounds of battle began to soften and then fade slowly. I left my room to see what the situation was only to be greeted by screams of agony and despair. We've lost a great number of brave dwarves. Those that gave their lives are left bloodied and dying on the battlefield, and while the initial attack is over only the worst remains. As I walk out into the open air I am greeted by the acrid smell of burning flesh. I exit the  entrance to our fortress and see all that I have accomplished. The landscape is scarred. The earth trembles in pain and I fall to my knees and begin to weep.
These dwarves were my brothers and sisters. These dwarves were my kin. I can hear the grumblings of discontent among my peers. I have nobody else to blame. Our tiny fortress may survive yet but my soul.. My sanity... It died that day along with a myriad of my comrades.

I believe the Elves that came to trade with us at around the same time as the attacks happened have also been lost. I circled around the entrance to find only a mass of goods and burnt corpses to evidence their presence.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2010, 12:42:03 am »

Yay, elven sieges incoming! Wheeee!

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2010, 03:07:06 am »

I like how the outside woodland burned to a crisp.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2010, 04:57:19 am »

Yep, the military doesn't look promising... 8 military for 56 population? Draft more! :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2010, 02:01:38 pm »

I think this deserves a bump.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9