Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Angkor Vath (Succession, Genesis mod) - turn 3  (Read 10090 times)

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angkor Vath (Succession, Genesis mod) - turn 3
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2010, 04:21:10 pm »

Looks like I will be able to finish my turn tonight.. Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday and expect to hear more from me this evening.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do ANYTHING with my military. Though I did recruit some more dorfs. We're at about 20 military now. That and metalworking are my weakest points soo.... Yea..

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2010, 02:47:36 am »

9th Hematite
In an attempt to right the wrongs I have made and to regain the trust of the people I've drafted myself into the military. I'm not much of a fighter but I'd rather die alongside my comrades should an attack like that ever happen again.. Some think the motion noble. I know that it's only for selfish reasons. I couldn't bear to have more blood on my hands. Once is too much. I noticed only today that one of our greatest has fallen.. Heyguys is dead.
I've also appointed more military in general.. Some of the men are not too happy about being drafted especially after the last incident but it is a necessity until we have more migrants that I can draft.
I've turned the old sleeping area into a hospital zone. Beds are already there and I've installed some traction benches.. This should help with our wounding and dying. The old hospital zone is part of the barracks now.

I've got a basic patrol route but I'm not sure that I have properly activated the dwarves for duty. Tantrums are happening left and right and containing the chaos is all but consuming my time.

17th Hematite
Another warrior has gone beserk and had to be put down. We are in the midst of a full blown tantrum spiral.. I can only hope this ever blows over and I feel sorry for the next in command.
Both squads have been set up to alternate between training and patrolling.. I only need to get them properly equipped and we'll be on our way to having a hardened group of real fighters.
I've rebolstered our passive defenses with more traps and set up more ropes to hold more war dogs and war boars..

4th Galena
Bomrek Amassazir, a member of the sanitation engineers guild, has become possessed and has claimed a craftdwarfs workshop.. In all of his agony and foul mood he's going to make some amazing little trinket to try and attract more to our rotten hole in the ground. They'll think it's all sunshine and rainbows until they get here.
Bomrek finally came out of his workshop to show us his inspired creation.

Hmmm.. I somehow expected more than that.. Oh well. At least the amulet didn't have any images of dwarves burning or my cowering in my room or anything like that.

3rd Limestone.
I noticed something odd today. Sitting outside in a cage where our old trad depot was I noticed something interesting in a cage.

I wonder if this bird was on the elven caravan? Maybe it can be of use to us, though I don't see how at this point.. Tantrums are happening left and right daily.

---------------------------------

Alright guys it's only early autumn in my save now but we're at 49 dwarves and I don't have the energy to keep this up.. I've made the place a mess and maybe somebody knows how to fix it before it's too late. Not all is lost at this point I don't think but I need someone else to pick up where I've left off or let the place die and reclaim..

Here's the save. I'm officially ending my turn early. Even though it's a mess it was a hell of a lot of fun.
http://www.filedropper.com/region1

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2010, 03:39:46 am »

Establish a temple with the firebird cage at its center: simple enough late game mega project.

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2010, 09:16:21 am »

Establish a temple with the firebird cage at its center: simple enough late game mega project.

Do it! I noticed it just before I quit last night. It's tame so I would let it loose on invaders.. You can never have too many sweeping wildfires can you?

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2010, 11:54:52 am »

when you posted, i didn't notice the save. I'll start and hopefully have part 1 up by tonight or tommorow.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2010, 05:23:13 pm »

I'm loving this succession game.  Genesis looks really interesting.  If I thought I'd have time where I could actually play, I'd sign up.  But I'll be reading so if anyone's looking for a name for a dwarf (or a kobold disguised a dwarf) I'd love to see my name in there.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2010, 09:05:51 pm »

The save is not functioning for me. Deon, are you able to help me? I am using the first option of the mod, that graphics set. If the issue is a inconsistency of versions; could you tell me a workaround?

edit: I tried downloading the mayday tileset version: save still does not register. Any ideas or has anyone gotten it to work?

edit: Gold-plated is not registering the save either; anyone?

edit: kept trying with everything except emergent release; going to try that. In the meantime; if anyone has the bandwith for it, could you just upload a full working folder? It would not be all that much bigger than the region file itself anyway.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:37:10 pm by heyguys »

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2010, 02:42:50 pm »

Even Emergent Release is failing to register the save. Somebody please upload a full working folder.

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2010, 02:43:46 pm »

Ok I'm doing so now.. Give me 30 minutes

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2010, 03:03:03 pm »

Ok here it is.. Didn't take as long as I thought

http://filevo.com/vucl8850epy6.html

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2010, 04:00:09 pm »

confirmed; thank you. I'll have first update done tonight.

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2010, 04:04:16 pm »

It worked then?

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2010, 10:27:13 pm »

yes, it worked. I had to go out for a movie. I'm familiarizing myself with the fortress.

My year's plan:

Dig a firebird temple
Breach magma
Magma Metal industry and traps.

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2010, 02:03:07 am »

Make sure all of the military dwarves get weapons asap.. Some of them have weapons but not all..  The firebird would be nice as an addition to the front entrance structure maybe. Build on top of the wooden walls we've got and make a sort of tower with the firebird at the top. It would be nice to be able to unleash the firebird on unsuspecting orcs and the like.

Really I'm just excited to see where this goes from here. Anything could be better than my turn I'm sure..

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2010, 02:18:06 am »

Not really an update: I will be doing story-style once the next immigrant wave arrives

It is currently the 19th of Mid-Autumn

No less than 6 dwarves have gone beserk so far.
The landscape is recovering from the fire
Although there is food to last, almost no productive work is being done by anyone due to the constant fighting between the military and the beserk dwarves
Most of our nobles have died and are unassaignable; but our arsenal dwarf is still alive.
Every single dwarf is either unhappy or miserable.
Deon and Compy are still alive; but they are the only community named dwarves still alive.
A temple was almost dug out, but flooded. The flood killed no one and was contained.

I will post updates in proper form when the migrants arrive.

edit: miasma spirals the staircase and main halls. No productive work is currently possible; as the beserking usually occurs near these halls and the military can take weeks to bring down a beserking dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9