Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mac/PC sucession games?  (Read 628 times)

Mylund_the_Mad

• Escaped Lunatic
  • In madness lies wisdom, in paradox lies truth.
    • View Profile
Mac/PC sucession games?
« on: May 13, 2010, 06:25:19 am »

Does anyone know how plausable it would be to have a sucession game including people running both PC and Mac?  I just recently got onto the boards and would like to be involved with a sucession game, however I am not sure if the files would be able to send well, or if there would be incompatability issues.  Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Fourdots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mac/PC sucession games?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 03:34:00 pm »

I don't believe that there would be any incompatibility; if there were issues with the saves generated by the OS X version (whenever that's release for 0.31), that could be fairly easily avoided by running under wine. That said, I don't think that there would be any difference in the save format.

Moving it back and forth would be exactly the same - it's just downloading a file and unzipping it, or zipping a file and uploading it.

So yeah. If you want to try it before getting into a succession game, find a save and see if you can get it to work. But it probably will, failing any other issues (for instance, I've observed that 0.31.03 under wine refuses to read savegames from folders not in region# format, though that's probably just me).