Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unicorn Meat  (Read 3487 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unicorn Meat
« on: May 13, 2010, 04:17:28 am »

This is awesome on so many levels.

Pâté is passé. Unicorn - the new white meat.

Excellent source of sparkles!

(link)

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
Re: Unicorn Meat
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 06:03:33 am »

I smell false advertising. The only four parts of a unicorn that could possibly meet the daily recommended value of sparkles is the rainbow, surprises, sunshine, and stars of the unicorn. The unicorn horn itself is a great source of sparkles and wishes, but it is largely inedible. To get the daily recommended value of sparkles you'd have to eat several cans of the unicorn meat, but then you'd have more than your daily recommended value of hopes and dreams.

Hopes and dreams that would be crushed beneath the iron boot of progress and the realization you just ate a unicorn.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 06:16:44 am »

I love this one more:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/b361/

Awesome site.

I mean really. THEY SELL PUKE!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 08:24:00 am »

Hopes and dreams that would be crushed beneath the iron boot of progress and the realization you just ate a unicorn.

Meh? Unicorn meat may be delicious, you never know. It may be like the spice.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 08:30:32 am »

They sell unicorn spice? Don't they call that "glitter"? Or do you get that from processing pixies?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 09:56:08 am »

[/quote]

I smell false advertising. The only four parts of a unicorn that could possibly meet the daily recommended value of sparkles is the rainbow, surprises, sunshine, and stars of the unicorn. The unicorn horn itself is a great source of sparkles and wishes, but it is largely inedible. To get the daily recommended value of sparkles you'd have to eat several cans of the unicorn meat, but then you'd have more than your daily recommended value of hopes and dreams.

[/quote]

Actually, they crush the horn and mix it in with the rest (Hence the slogan on the can "Magic in Every Bite", since the diagram shows magic coming from the horn").

But seriously, who wants to eat something that strongly resembles Spam with candy sprinkles?  Their marketing department failed on the packaging.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 10:11:19 am »

They sell unicorn spice? Don't they call that "glitter"? Or do you get that from processing pixies?

This spice.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 10:55:20 am »

Baconnaise

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure why it's under caffeine though.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 08:13:05 pm »

This spice.

THE UNICORNS MUST FLOW!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 08:19:40 pm »

This spice.

THE UNICORNS MUST FLOW!

I started a fortress on a Joyous savanna (or was it a forest?) not too long ago for the magma throne room and 300 challenges...

Hmmmmm...
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 09:06:35 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:46:56 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 09:17:42 pm »

Dammit, get my hopes up and then it turns out to be fake. Seriously, I'd have bought it if it were just spam with edible glitter of some kind processed in, just for the can. And also to serve to small children.
It's real. Follow the link.