Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: noble disposal devices  (Read 602 times)

Vile Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
  • !!&!!
    • View Profile
noble disposal devices
« on: May 12, 2010, 08:59:24 pm »

Who here hates your fortress getting cluttered with "unnecessary" things? I mean nobles & merchants. Please post any creative or otherwise entertaining personnel disposal devices or hilarious noble stories. My personal favorite is the traditional trap door to the undead tiger pit. I tried a vat of lye, but lye doesn't work as a flowing fluid.   
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:38:50 pm by Vile Ampersand »

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "object" disposal devices
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 09:24:28 pm »

Not sure if we can extract blood from animals, but imagine if you could somehow get the toxic blood of a forgotten beast and pour it at the bottom of a pit that you would never reopen..?

Which also makes me wonder about the use of forgotten beast blood as a weapon against the circus.

Vile Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
  • !!&!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 09:48:03 pm »

Which of your nobles would be the lucky one to track corrosive blood into their tent? I tried to build a fortress in the circus once... It went well until about thirty of the clowns noticed dwarves in their tent. I then proceeded to flood them  with the magma sea. I hate how the circus hires more clowns when the old ones are gone. Next I will try to dump all 50 of my tame "warriors" (elephants,tigers ,and other circus animals) into the ring with the clowns. Unfortunately for the clowns, they weren't the ones to train the show critters. You could also make a dragon-fire pillbox.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:51:51 pm by Vile Ampersand »

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:00:48 am »

Unnecessary may be an understatement when you have seven god-damned mayors. Sadly, I don't have the heart to kill my fortress's blue blood, keen to slam dwarves in cages due to mounting broken mandates until they rot as they may be.