Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: TOME4 Released.  (Read 9435 times)

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
Re: TOME4 Released.
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 08:36:17 pm »

20-30 frames in an all text menu? What is going on here? I think at this stage Tome-tik is still an all around better option for a player, but this is getting better.

DarkGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 04:57:48 am »

??
The game runs at 30FPS, I do not understand your question.
And ToME-tik is based on ToME2 this is an entirely different game you realise ? ;)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 10:25:07 pm »

New Beta up, with the loverly sound disable option among I'm sure many other changes. been playing up a storm - the interface is just so good :3

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 06:23:32 pm »

New version released, and a small question to DarkGod, how does mana regen work? So far it seems I can only regen it at level up and maybe potions?

DarkGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 06:47:20 pm »

You mean for Arcane Blades and Shadowblades I suppose?
Yeah they cannot naturally regen mana, you need to use the levelups and mana potions (and turn off arcane combat when you dont need it) to manage mana.
Until you can learn the talent to convert stamina into mana.

Mages on the other hand freely regen mana, but you cannot play them from the start you need to unlock them ingame before being able to create a mage character.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 07:02:07 pm »

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. I was surprised to unlock the undead race yesterday. That's a nice feature, plus was my first time killing the shadow of... something. I think one of the first uniques?

Thanks for fixing the idle code, it's much better to play without my fans going vroom-vroom.

Not sure if it has been fixed, but monsters (the worms) & items can spawn in closed doors, that's kind of strange.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 02:08:01 pm »

God damn skeleton master archer, I didn't even see it before I was dead...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 02:17:14 pm »

I have a small request for DarkGod.

On graphical mode, made unseen but known floor tiles anything other than black (or unknown tiles anything other than black, either works). Perhaps a dark grey tone. Being black makes it really annoying to figure out what you have explored before.

On that same note, if possible, add an auto-explore key, similar to the one found in crawl.

Edit: After a few gameplays in a row, this happened:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 03:10:12 pm by Soulwynd »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 03:49:36 am »

I like this quite a bit. I didn't get into ToME before this. I've been having some trouble with changing the resolution though. It showed a bunch of question marks as the floor.

That thing that is pictured in the post above happened to me when I had the window open when the ToME game starts that you press escape to exit out of. I tried to maximize the game with the maximize button at the top right.

EDIT: Also, I noticed there is plate mail. Just so you know, on another game forum I used to frequent that featured a Middle Earth/Tolkien setting, quite a few people were vehemently anti-plate armor, with heavy kinds of chain mail being the heaviest kind established through discussion that Tolkien ever mentioned in the books. There are different ways to make chainmail that effect the production time and thus the cost and quality. I'd suggest a change  for the plate armor into different kinds of heavy chainmail for the heavy types. For example, the Russians used to use a type of mail called Double Mail, which was basically exactly what it sounds like. There were also different patterns for the rings that would result in heavier armor with more rings and thus protection. Tolkien had a certain time periods he took inspiration from, and they were all earlier than the use of plate armor for things other than greaves and breastplates. All it would be is some name changes. I for one would support it.

EDIT2: Also, it seems to have serious issues with minimizing, and resizing in general.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 04:44:25 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 06:28:15 am »

Please do not look directly at the lurker.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 10:40:17 pm »

Game related stuff

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Plea to developer and a minor offer of assistance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's a basic storyline if you never read The Silmarillian. The Silmarillian is a Fantasy History book. It's still a pretty good read. It's kind of boring at the start though, how the universe was created because some guy could and all that blah. Lots of epic moments and it's a well thought out history without getting into the boring details like economics that actual histories contain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silmarillion

Also, here is a forum apparently devoted to LoTR. The link goes to their Lore section. Now we can all be fully educated on things that don't exist yet still affect us because they are useful to know for video games.
http://www.thepalantir.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Use them for their knowledge even if you think they might be silly.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 11:48:32 pm by Duuvian »

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 11:15:12 pm »

Unlockables?!
Quote from: Dragnar's inner completionist
Squeee!

Now to download it!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 11:38:45 pm »

Yah, I unlocked animal summoner with my elf archer in the forest west from the town to the southwest of the dungeon you start in. A beehive summoned some bees and that unlocks it apparently.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 12:49:40 am »

I only have the undead race unlocked. Probably because of the number of undead I've killed.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 03:39:36 am »

I only have the undead race unlocked. Probably because of the number of undead I've been killed by.
Fixed. Actual requirement.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5