Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: TACTICUS  (Read 48625 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TACTICUS
« Reply #195 on: February 07, 2008, 09:11:00 am »

I call Clause 51 of Pantshelm, and gain three dwarves, two goblins, and a legendary kobold bowman, positioned inside the fortress after having forged an unholy alliance with each other.

I move my kobold to the local ammo stockpile while my dwarves and goblins mill about aimlessly.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #196 on: February 07, 2008, 09:40:00 am »

Ha! Right as I had planned!
I call rule 28.3 ("Harold's playschool") from rulebook 1.46 (third edition, Blixtkrieg ruleset) and summon an axedwarf and exactly fifty-seven googly-eyed children.

The resulting massacre nets be enough Blood Points to open a chasm into Xotes' starting area, dropping his troops into it.
Yes, this might cause Godly Anger (same book, rule 16.2), but I net more than enough points to counter any effects, barring of course "Vocal discord", but that never happens anyways.

EDIT: Wait a minute... skelecarp? Damn! I wish I had saved my points for later...

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Dwarfaholic ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 07, 2008, 10:06:00 am »

There is a Vocal discord!

Are we playing by the classic Pantshelm ruleset or the postponed Pantshelm ruleset?

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2008, 10:29:00 am »

I curse your clever ploy, Dwarfaholic! However, as my kobold was grabbing ammo, she is exempt from chasming according to rule 13.7 from rulebook 1.95 (first edition, Ironblood ruleset), and is therefore only startled by the loss of her former allies.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2008, 02:02:00 pm »

Yeah, but remember, any character that s startled, accordint the previou Ironblood ruleset, is attacked by skelk, or snailmen, and this is decided by the batman council.

Also, as my keyboard is revolting, it would seem that there is indeed a Vocal Discord.
Thank Armok for postponed ruleset! I buy an antman and make him eat some dirt, thus triggering the "Bites dust" rule (2.47, Buildings and Critters ruleset, version 1987) and avoiding the Discord... for now.

All other players, on the other hand, are fully affected.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2008, 09:21:00 am »

*Bump

This can't die! Please?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2008, 03:14:00 pm »

I, PLATIPUS... err TACTICUS.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2008, 08:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rondol:
<STRONG>]It seems we are using Pantsheim rules, which clearly state that we make up rules as we go along, and no rule can contradict any other rule.</STRONG>

Going with this...

I play Pi, from rule 3.14159265, which allows me to summon 2 !!LOGICAL PARADOX!!es and a glowing pit. However, it states that I am unable to use adamantine.

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2008, 05:12:00 am »

So, a !!LOGICAL PARADOX!!, eh?

Well, thanks to the Vocal Discord, which is in play, you summon some !!PLUMP HELMET IN A BOX!! instead.

Now, if we only had some elves...

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2008, 05:26:00 pm »

Aha! A plump helmet has come into play, and as it is inside a box, container or other object (according to the Box, Container or Other Objects (Chuck Norris Edition)), I may steal any one of the troops, spells or effects of my opponents. I take Xotes' crossbow kobold and end my turn.
Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

Seeing as this is a new game...

I use all my points to buy zombie ninja pirates. Then I send them at a random target player (myself not included).

Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Dwarfaholic:
<STRONG>So, a !!LOGICAL PARADOX!!, eh?

Well, thanks to the Vocal Discord, which is in play, you summon some !!PLUMP HELMET IN A BOX!! instead.

Now, if we only had some elves...</STRONG>

Aha! But this disturbs my glowing pit, and 20 spirits of fire come into my possession.

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Father Dagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jumpduck_mcdunkarooney
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2008, 12:55:00 am »

After consulting the Freshly Arrived Latemin Handbook, page 132, paragraph 2, I invoke the Multiplicity Anvil Principle which can be brought to bear when there are 10 or more spirits of fire present within any of the following pit types: smoking, dark, glowing, or vegetarian.

This allows me to multiply my amount of starting anvils by the amount of spirits of fire present, 20 in this case.

This allows me to sell all twenty of my anvils, and purchase a ponarda of T-rex, all armed with rayon meta-beam rifles, and they are all proficient in their use. I deploy said units at the glowing pit, and begin to lay waste to the spirits of fire therein.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2008, 01:29:00 pm »

I play a ratman elite spy (rule JB.007, Pantshelm rulset, as per current play) at the chasm.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »

Ha! The Counter Daemon Strike Gambit is now available. I now am allied with the demons of the pits and can now wipe out any elves who come in to trade.
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21