Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: TACTICUS  (Read 48634 times)

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
Re: TACTICUS
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Dwarven Malcolite:
<STRONG>

How do you know that the bolts are not <<Dwarven>>, with images of dwarven skulls in dwarven bone on them? In that case, the bolts could indeed count towards the number of undead as they would have skulls. After all, thanks to the Gica Sareve dispute, it is not technically required for one to display whether or not an object has been decorated.</STRONG>

No, I didn't have the bones to do that. However Xgamer4's units were effected by both screw physics, which meant they were flying around happily, and gravity notices, which hit ALL of the flying units, even the natural fliers. This has killed all of the chasm creatures as they fell into the chasm or onto each other in a painful manner. However I seem to have over looked your undead ettin. So the army of undead pieces is on its way to the cheese dam, as per your move.

Now then for my turn:
With keskal out about on his own marksdwarf 1 is released from duty becoming operator 1.
Operator 1 begins making 5 more crossbows from the zombie whale pieces and the pieces of the speardwarf. Then switches to using the remaining bones for bolts.
Operator 3 pulls 3 ballista parts from his backpack and begins deploying the ballista.
I set have my marksdwarves put the bonebolts into thier quivers thus imobilizing them. The extra bonebolts and meats are put in the backpacks. Also immobilizing them.
I place a goblin childsnatcher beside keskal who is snatched up and put in the bag, thus immobilizing him.
I forbid keskal and the bag he is in.
Miner's 2&4 have reached the cheese dam and since they have massive ability boosts, since they are miners and all miners quickly end up with ability boosts they easily overcome the cheese with their own odor. Miner 4 starts using miner 2 as a pick while miner 2 uses both the actual picks. They are destroying the cheese dam.
Finally I place ability boost on Chub Chubs dwarves giving them each swimmer level experience. Preventing them from drowning. Well come to the alliance chub chubs. Remember only place swimmers and things that don't breath in flooded areas.

Commentary:

Marksdwarf 1: Well if I don't have keskal I might as well make more crossbows.

Operator 3: That...Was....AWESOME! Lets see if they do that to the ballista.

Marksdwarves 2-7: Well what do we do with these? They're trying to kill us.
BOOMING VOICE: Put them in your quivers. Here's some help.
Goblinsnatcher appears.
BOOMING VOICE: Grab the homicidal crossbow or I'll feed you to the wrestlers.
Goblinsnatcher: dddeeeaaaallll.
BOOMING VOICE: Don't let anyone touch the bags afterwards.

Miner 2&4: DIG AWAY

This has disabled the undead army of dwarven bits.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2007, 05:30:00 pm »

Execelent move, but you forgot one thing, I have an ettin egg, which can be used as per rule 325, section two "Instant Ettin Grenades"

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2007, 05:40:00 pm »

What are you people doing?! You are aware, of course, that mandatory-partner Crystal Spines rules are in effect, as Sowelu mentioned a rqather long time ago. And you almost certianly know they state anyone who has not made an ally before the elves arrive automatically loses (players joining the game after the elves arrive have a three turn amnestry during which they may form an alliances or they lose the game).

I'm going to spend my points that I have been accumulating these past turns (that most of you squandered on more units!) to designate a zone centered on my artifact screw pump. This zone includes the treasury, the river, and the mines. The zone is a negation negation zone and a sharpening reallocation zone.
Since these are new tems in fifth edition, some of you may not be aware what they mean and I'm going to go into brief detail on them.

A negation negation zone negates the negation of any unit entering it. For example, if a an undead entered the zone, it would become un-un-dead. Since there is only one possible negation collapse for this situation, it would be dead. On the other hand, if an antisocial counterintelligence agent were to enter the zone, it would become an anti-antisocial counter-counterintelligence agent. Counter-counterintelligence does not collapse at all: this is now an agent that works against counterintelligence. On the other hand, anti-antisocial has two options (the choice would be up to the controller): it could either collapse into the opposite of antisocial; namely social. Or it could be someone who doesnt like antisocials.

A sharpening reallocation zone treats all piercing damage dealt inside the zone as blunt damage and all blunt damage as piercing damage. Any %chance of stuckin is unaffected.

The philosopher, being in a dark place, is naturally eaten by my grue. He cannot become undead (resetting the game) because he is inside the negation negation zone. He simply stays dead. My grue has taken control of the treasury, but I wil forgoe the treasury bonus and instead import a hammer(halfman/halfdwarf/halfelf). Note that the too many halves rule makes an exception for the case where the controller has a schisty artifact point.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2007, 06:11:00 pm »

Ah, but you forgot about the Reality warping effect Philosophers have. He probably rationalized the Grue out of existence before he could be eaten by it.

Now, for my turn. My metalsmith drags gold, hematite, and a log into the magma forge and begins work. He creates a gold sword named "The Golden Peace".
All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. This sword is adorned with rings of hematite and menaces with with spikes of Tower cap.
Metalsmith has become a legendary metalsmith.

I set him to work making steel bars.

My miners continue digging out rooms and storage. The immigrants that continually come (four of them this time) all fly down to the storage areas (Gravity notices is instantaneous, not ongoing). I set the mason to begin making stone doors and the carpenter to making torches (they were introduced in the handbook "The Amazingness of Wood") in the event someone else brings a Grue into play.

Oh, and now might be a good time to say that gravity notices only killed the living chasm dwellers. Most of them were already undead and, thus, are still under my control.

The other two peasants get Init. Alteration played on them to disable temperature. I then march them into the magma to figure out where the magma comes from/goes. Both of them are drafted as wrestlers just in case they encounter something dangerous.

Commentary:
Metalsmith: Gold! Iron! Wood! SWORD!!!! *stab* *stab* *stab* ...Oh, now I have to work.  :(
Miners: Di di dig. Di di dig. Trio trio trio.
Immgigrants: AAAHHHH!! WHY CAN WE NOW FLY!!!?!?! *flies into chasm and are immediately sent to work*
Undead chasm dwellers: ... (like they can talk)
Peasants: I'm not steppin' into the magma.
Me: Yes you are. Go!
Peasant 1/Wrestler 1: *goes* Hey! We're not dieing! *1 sticks head under magma*
Wrestler 2/Peasant 2: Stop that! You can still drown!

insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2007, 06:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Xgamer4:
<STRONG>
Oh, and now might be a good time to say that gravity notices only killed the living chasm dwellers. Most of them were already undead and, thus, are still under my control. </STRONG>

Gravity notices caused them to fall from where they were, this would cause them to either fall into the chasm, or explode on impact. Since we are not playing undead body parts* the undead become dead. Yes, we are playing with no undead body parts as it can be game breaking when players send single hairs of their undead to fight. Or even single molecules.

*The undead dwarven body parts counts are due to deathskull eve, which overrode the no undead body parts.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2007, 06:32:00 pm »

Ah. I was not aware we were playing without Undead Body Parts. My bad.

I am curious, though. What's the elves progress with naming all of the trees?

insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Citizen of Erl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »

As per Unknown Bug 73, my Beeve has spawned more beeves in every unoccupied square around it, for a total of 17 new beeves, or 18 altogether.

My troll, which is perfectly agile, will take to running around the map and hassling all the dogs, getting them to chase. And bothering no one else.

The gem setter is joined by a stonecarver and a leatherworker, and they mutter over the prices of their goods.

Oh yes! And my dabbling Elven druid goes searching for Fulgarite.

[ November 11, 2007: Message edited by: Citizen of Erl ]

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2007, 07:50:00 pm »

The egg lands right on top of the miners, and they are knocked out by the newly formed baby ettin as if there was a cavein. The baby ettin lets the bolts loose.

Also, seeing as it is deathskull eve, the whales should still be undead untill it's over.

I will also use my remaining points to give my noble ettin a spellbook with the words gnusto and fontz in it.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2007, 08:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Grek:
<STRONG>The egg lands right on top of the miners, and they are knocked out by the newly formed baby ettin as if there was a cavein. The baby ettin lets the bolts loose.

Also, seeing as it is deathskull eve, the whales should still be undead untill it's over.

I will also use my remaining points to give my noble ettin a spellbook with the words gnusto and fontz in it.</STRONG>

I'm also going to ignore the fact that your undead ettin could lay eggs that weren't undead themselves.
If your baby ettin landed near the miners who are at the dam in the river, then how did it release the bolts who are at the still surrounded by, at the last count:
1 jeweler
11 marksdwarves
1 goblin snatcher
2 deer
20 groundhog berserkers who have the still surrounded

Also Deathskull eve only effects dwarven pieces.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2007, 08:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rondol:
<STRONG>...in the event that if at any time anything is dead (undead counts, animated/inanimate objects do not) within the Treasury the entire board is reset, the world is rerolled...</STRONG>

quote:
Originally posted by Vengeful Donut:
<STRONG>The philosopher, being in a dark place, is naturally eaten by my grue. He cannot become undead (resetting the game) because he is inside the negation negation zone. He simply stays dead.</STRONG>

The key parts here are that the philosopher is dead within the Treasury. They do not HAVE to be undead. Dead works as well. The effect has been triggered

Now, I'm going to assume that my trolls have been busy little (big?) buggers and have therefore been chucking those toy axes about. Therefore anyone with any units outside of the fortress (River or Forest areas) flip a coin to see if I hit any of your units with a toy axe. We'll assume they stick in (Tails will include a failed stick, as well as a fatal blow), which means they are now a part of that units inventory, thus meaning the controller has a Toy Axe and must type their next four turns completely in-character. Of course I still have some axes, so I'm included.

Commencing game reset...

lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Fenrir

« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2007, 08:55:00 pm »

As you all know, Tacticus is completely alien to me, so please help me understand. From what I gather, it's not like Nomic as there appear to be no rules, mutable or immutable.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2007, 09:24:00 pm »

There ARE rules. We just... don't know them yet. Because we're making them up as we go. And with that I'm going to institute rule 2:

"The objective of the game of Tacticus is to win."

lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Fenrir

« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2007, 09:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rondol:
<STRONG>There ARE rules. We just... don't know them yet. Because we're making them up as we go. And with that I'm going to institute rule 2:

"The objective of the game of Tacticus is to win."</STRONG>

Is the game to be won by paradox?

Blargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://No...
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2007, 09:51:00 pm »

No, the game is to be won with awesomeness, as it clearly states in the opening chapter of rule 1 (a-z).

Ok, the board has been reset, causing multiple in flaggrante blueshift fluxuations, which allows you to bring either a) A total of one (1) unit from the previous board, OR b) The sum of your remaining points from the last round of the previous board.

I select b), and due to the general Rule of Assumption (3rd edition, section 34z "Rules about ruling about rules", subsection "Make an ass out of you and you", second paragraph, third line), where I am assumed to have made a very clever move each of my previous rounds, giving me a total of... Let's see, carry the nine... 25743,2 points. Unfortunately, due to losing a Ninja and a Grue last round, both units [SPECIAL] as per Pantshelm rules for specializations, I must deduct 50% of my score for each unit lost, bringing me back down to 0 points. Huh... That sucks.

Fine, then I'm going to try something different this time.

I sell my starting anvil and purchase a Legendary Dwarven miner named Timmy Dorfmuncher with a Steel Pick, who thoroughly enjoys reading Jules Verne and dreams about some day becoming a fisherman, the most dangerous profession of any dwarf ever. He absolutely detests felsite thongs. I order him to commence tunneling at a ferocious rate, straight downwards, towards the Demon Pits, making sure he has plenty of torchlight. Wouldn't want to meet any Grues. With my remaining points, I buy a Hoary Marmot named Stan.

Timmy: Timmeh!

Stan: Chirp! (waves his tiny fist at something up in the skies)

Demon pits: *ominus rumbling*

quot;Wise men often quote other wise men. The wisest quote themselves."

- Blargh (2007)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2007, 09:57:00 pm »

Taking directive of rulebook n: VERY special events and pie-creation, I engage rule n6-007b: seed selection. I select seed# 1337, the Infinite Plains Of Fat-Focus. This being a sub-book of the Pantshelm ruleset, this is allowed. My human/dwarf/elf/olmman adventurer uses "crono-update-sequential-advancement" to use Dwarf Mode Skills and tame a noble musk ox steed. I use my last points to buy a black bronze longsword and a bunch of plump helmets.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21